Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Acrobat crashes after upgrade to 18.11.20040.19174

After an upgrade to latest version 18.11.20040.19174 of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC was installed yesterday on my machine (Windows 10 Pro, version 1709) - Acrobat crashes 90% of times when trying to open any PDF file (sometimes it opens given file correctly and after closing the application and trying to open it again - it silently crashes). There is one third-party add-in installed that I'm using which worked fine so far, but now Acrobat crashes.

I can provide you with a crash mini-dump if you want (68MB as ZIP)

Event Log report data:
    Event name: APPCRASH
    Response: Unavailable
    Cab file…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ACCESSIBILITY

Every time I try to access my adobe document cloud I'm constantly having to sign in and most of the time it doesn't even open.I mostly use ADOBE for work and it becomes very FRUSTRATING when i try to work and I can't access my documents!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GCInvoker Multiple Instances

On a Windows server where multiple end user remote to the device and use the Adobe Pro software installed, AdobeGCInvoker automatically becomes a scheduled task for each individual user and runs once every 24 hrs. If 300 users connect to the server and use the application, 300 instances of GCInvoker will become scheduled task. This is highly inefficient and undesirable. The GCInvoker should be reconfigured to only run once per day under the local administrator account on the server, thereby removing the additional clutter from the list of scheduled task on the server. Adobe case # 0189523068

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eraser needed

Acrobat needs an eraser tool, much like the one provided in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I work with old pdf images of recorded documents dating clear back to the 1800's; these documents have a lot of photographic "static", shadows images left by the camera which took the image photo, and these items need to be erased to give the document better readability. It is hard to describe without watching the process. If you want a demonstration, contact me and you can log into my computer and watch my process.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set default scale for Measure Tool

Ability to set the default scale (other than 1=1) for all future PDF docs.
    AND the ability to set the scale for each individual PDF docs that will remain assigned to that PDF even if you exit Adobe Acrobat and re-open it. I'm an engineer, and work with various different scales, so it would be very beneficial for each PDF, if the user set scale would remain locked with each document, so you don't have to re-establish the scale after exiting and re-opening Adobe Acrobat.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to add ruler guides in a "master page" function that appears on all pages of a PDF document.

Ability to add ruler guides in a "master page" function that appears on all pages of a PDF document.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG REPORT: 18.011.20038 Customize Quick Tools resets after every boot!

Customize Quick Tools resets after every boot on a brand new computer with a new install of Acrobat DC. Why is there NO WAY to export settings for quick import and/or copying to other machines?! This is 2018, not 1995.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Windows 10 Free Drawing with Pen

I ordered a pen interface device for my PC (Huion 420), excited to be able to handwrite/draw notes on PDFs, in addition to typing notes on them. However, when I have the device plugged in, the free drawing tool stops working. I can click with the mouse or try to draw with the pen/pad device. Nothing shows up. The drawing tool does, however, work with my mouse when I unplug the device. This bug is one of the main features preventing me from using Adobe Acrobat as my primary note-taking software in medical school.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why did you change the tool section, I have to make 3 tomes as many steps now to find all the tools I use to have right on the toolbar?

Allow us to put the tools back on the tool bar without having to click on tools we don't need

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hello Wayne

You can just add the more frequently tools to the Quick Tools on top. Alternately you can just search for the tool you need in the Search box in Right Hand Panel.

Please let us know if this helps.

10. Sign button should open instantly like every other button- even when it is working it is too slow.

Signing documents should be fast. My continued experience is one of two things, Extremely slow to retrieve signatures or it just sits there animating the four squares of customers aren't important. Currently can't sign anything, have re-installed acrobate pro via creative cloud installer, signed out and signed in. Make this "feature" reliable please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide for smooth video play of embedded 4K and 8K videos

It currently works fine to embed 1080P videos in an adobe document. They play smoothly and the sound and video track nicely. But could you make the same thing possible for 4K and 8K videos. At this time the video is lagging / choppy and the video freezes and all you can hear is the audio. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. copy field to new document

Copy & Paste of a field - Within a document works as expected - the formatting, naming of the field is consistent. However if you copy paste into a different document, the field properties seem to reset (if this was correct, why would you copy/paste & not just insert a new field) - expected behaviour would be to keep same size/format/code/name & position(if possible, if not centred on screen).

Only noted work-around, is to copy existing page into new document, copy/paste field from one page to another & then deleted the inserted page. - Comment elsewhere requests a MS Office…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I do not want new windows for each document

I want tabs back, I don't want multiple PDF documents opening up new windows. This is so important to me I purchased another product and convinced my company IT department to replace my Adobe license with that product.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Whiteout

you need a WHITEOUT button. Nitro has it can't believe DC doesn't

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. transform a PDF file to excel

I need to transform a PDF file to excel in acrobat PRO DC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. use multithreading for OCR

Use multithreading for OCR

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    We already have a feature request for this. The engineering team will work on this issue once prioritized.
    We will inform you once it is implemented.

Thanks.

17. It would be great if Acrobat was multi=threaded. I routinely have to OCR 4000 page documents which almost always fail and take hours

Acrobat needs to be multithreaded. I have a top of the line machine with 32g of ram and an I7-6700k processor an m2 SSD, yet am unable to successfully run OCR on a 4000 page document without splitting it up into 250-500page chunks, which is cumbersome. Even then, acrobat will only use 12% of my resources.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Very slow pdf thumb display

Hi,

The last 64-bit version of Adobe Acrobat DC has introduced the possible display in Windows explorer of the file thumb. Great, BUT it is extraordinarily slow and in practice unusable (in particular in the Windows 10 welcome screen of the explorer, showing the recently opened files: it seems that the cache is rebuilt every new session).

So, please make the appropriate changes in the program to speedup this display, which is very useful.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. For your information, I work on a DELL XPS desktop with an NVidia GTX 970 graphics display card and my main drive…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have a problem placing the FOIS Stamp on my documents. It is not working for me.

I have a problem placing the FOIS Stamp on my documents. It is not working for me. PLEASE CHECK what other options are available to apply

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. One Click Sub-Folder Integration in PDF Portfolio

When you combined individual subfolders within a master folder when creating a PDF Portfolio, the previous Acrobat Pro allowed you to do this feature with one click. The current Acrobat Pro DC software requires that you create a portfolio and manually add the individual folders. Please add back the option for the one-click subfolder integration!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base