Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10706 results found

1. Make it an option in the preferences to have the home page not appear. I believe it is universally hated by most of your users, including me. It's incredibly frustrating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I know that this is something that has been suggested many times, but please consider supporting at the very least Linux distros like Ubuntu/Debian and Red hat (maybe a few more of the most used distros).
    I know the general reasoning for not doing so, but most is so dated by now! And I wholly believe that anyone who has tried a major distro within the past couple of years, will agree.

"Linux are mostly used by coders/hackers/servers":
    Everyone who knows how to format a computer, and install Windows, can easily install and use Ubuntu, as a minimum. It's easier…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On Acrobat's Home page, selecting "My Computer" shows the 5 most recently used folders. It would be more helpful if this was doubled to 10.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The highlighter opacity setting only applies to text highlight, and has no effect on image/freehand highlight (which appears to be equivalent to "100% opacity" setting (not actually 100% as you can see through it - which is ok).

Also see,
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/35128342-image-highlight-freehand-tool-anywhere-on-page
    and,
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/18931885-freehand-highlighter

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The print dialog is too complicated. Please go back to using the platform dialog, and allow users to choose the advanced features if needed. There's way too much information to wade through.

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2020, but it was the same with the free version. On a Mac.

thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Working with a document and need to 1) deskew 2) despeckle and 3) edit text. 1) Optimized with quality set to high, optimize images only if there is a reduction in size set to off, and object compression option set to retain existing; this straightened the document. 2) Used redact set to white fill no border to remove larger specks. 3) chose edit text and the document became skewed again! There is no reason for taking a tool that worked well to clean up scans in previous versions and making it impossible to use. Adobe is costing us more than…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do a lot of pdf commenting, and I use a stylus/pen on a touch screen laptop to make this easier. The problem is that once I turn on the highlighter tool, I can't use my finger to scroll through the document, because Acrobat doesn't distinguish between the finger input and the stylus input. So I have to manually switch back and forth between the highlight tool and the arrow tool. Most other touch-capable PDF programs distinguish between finger input and stylus input, allowing you to scroll through the document with your finger and then highlight as needed. Is there…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Acrobat Plugin for Microsoft Outlook on Windows, which enables Users to create an Adobe PDF Portfolio from any Mailbox or Folder while preserving the "From", "Subject" and "Date" fields while also embedding all attachments, is an INCREDIBLY powerful feature that is crucial to many of our business practices. Unfortunately, at this time, this feature is only available on the Windows version of Microsoft Outlook, thus forcing me to run a Windows 10 Virtual Machine explicitly to perform this task. If the Adobe team could implement this feature on macOS versions of Microsoft Outlook, I would be incredibly grateful as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The content preparation process is a pain in the neck - it is too slow and unnecessary

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Whenever Acrobat DC updates -- it resets the tools listing i have customized on the sidebar. I wouldn't mind the addition of new tools to the list -- but stop removing the tools i have added. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After the automated scanning of forms many fields have the wrong kind.
    Where is the function to change kind of many marked fields then?

Everyone who created a form, will have a need or use of such function.

Please integrate soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On the phone I made an appointment for the internet installation. Later on I received information about the appointed date and time different. Please confirm the exact appointment date and time for installing the Virgin Internet at my home. Appreciate for your
    co-operation and for avoiding any mistake for misunderstanding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PDF thumbnails do not show on windows explorer despite enabling "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer" and enabling the thumbnail preview on "View" Options in Windows Explorer.

I really need a fix for this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1) Drawing shapes

2) For some reason, you can add shapes using Adobe comment tool on Acrobat DC, but you can not do it in an Adobe Document Cloud file.

3) This Feature is needed so that AE firms can collaborate and redline drawings more efficiently.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have noticed that there is no way for an admin to reset a users password if the user forgets what he/she set it to. Instead, the user is the only one who can reset their password and sometimes the reset email takes an hour to be delivered. It would be so much easier and more convenient if I were able to reset a users password from my admin account so there is no waiting on receiving an email. I am quite surprised that this is not already a built-in feature just like a lot of other online subscription based…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I purchased the export function to convert PDF content to text - your, excel, word and RTF options just offer a COPY of the pdf with tables and comments - what a waste of time. I need to convert bank statements to text either in .txt or csv - is this possible? If not I would like to cancel the subscription please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Open a viewing system such as Hathi Trust or an ebook platform. Copy a page image, 'Create PDF from Clipboard'. Repeat more than 15 times. On some occasions you cannot then create a PDF from all the open pages. However, after doing this it is then impossible to copy and paste in other windows applications as it appears that the windows clipboard has become corrupted by acrobat. A full reboot is required to fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?