Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10691 results found

1. Within PDF's we often create notes and comments. The text font and size sometimes needs adjustment. Having used MS Windows all our lives we are conditioned to simply highlight the text, right-click and a pop-up box appears with "properties" listed. Unfortunately with Acrobat DC Pro "properties" is not an option. Now we must navigate 4 layers deep into the menu: View > Show/Hide > Toolbar items > Show Properties Bar

The right-click for properties feature is widely adopted by third party software companies that want to create a seamless experience for the user within Windows. It is a necessary productivity…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I purchased a monthly plan of Acrobat DC. I was not able to install via Adobe Creative Cloud. Therefore, I downloaded the installer from the Web, and have succesfully installed Acrobat DC. I am now asked to provide a registration serial number. Where can I find this number?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In previous versions the Ctrl+F box would appear and you would type your text and hit enter. When searching your next text using the Ctrl+F shortcut would automatically highlight the last search text so you could automatically start typing your new 'find' text. With the new update, it doesn't highlight the last search text, instead it puts the cursor at the end of your last text making you backspace the text or stop and click to highlight the text. This is a huge efficiency loss!! Please help!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

The issue has been fixed in the latest update of Adobe Acrobat and Reader (Version: 2019.012.20036). Please update your applications to the latest version and let us know if you’re facing any issues.

For getting the latest version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘Check for Updates…’.
    – Update your application to the latest version and verify that the latest version is 2019.012.20036

For getting the version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC…’.

Thanks
    Aakash, Adobe Acrobat DC Team

4. If I wish to delete a file which has been opened and then closed in Adobe Acrobat DC, I need to close the Adobe program to delete the file. Without closing the Adobe, I cannot delete the file. It says "cannot delete the file as it is open in Adobe Acrobat DC"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If will be very useful for any organization to have the posibility, via admin console, to know the creation date of an account.

We have Enterprise licensing and we're surprise this info is not available, especially for audit purposes.

Kind regards and looking forward to seeing your feedbcak

Vicente Gámez
    Àrea de Qualitat i Atenció a les persones usuàries

Servei d'informàtica
    UNIVERSITAT DE VALÈNCIA
    ⦿ http://www.uv.es/siuv
    ⦿ softmaster@uv.es
    ✪ Clausula de confidencialitat:
    http://links.uv.es/siuv/clconf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please bring back the multiple-row toolbars, this is such a step back in functionality!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Problem! can anyone tell me why this happens to my saved files. I reopen them and this is what I get. My files are messed up. (See Attachment) Hours of redoing contracts and still getting this sucks!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Since the update from 2019.012.20035 to 20036 I cannot even view a PDF-Form created in LiveCycle Designer on Acrobat Pro Win any longer. Also the DataMatrix-Field that worked perfect with 20035 is not updating in Adobe Reader (where I CAN display the form!!!). On a Mac with same version visibility of the form YES, but also no updates of DMC on both Pro and Reader. This must be fixed very soon!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It seems like every simple task I was used to doing in Acrobat XI takes more clicks and time to perform in Acrobat DC. Seriously, what can this version do that makes this upgrade worthwhile? So far, it's a complete disaster.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Worked fine until recently. If I try scanning, exporting or any major action it just closes. No error message. Running Win 10 Pro 1909 and Acrobat Standard 2015.006.30505. Went through all troubleshooting steps still ng.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A change was recently made to the limits on Adobe Document Cloud Shared Reviews. Prior to a recent update, the review limit was set to 25 files per day irrespective of recipients It has now changed to 50 total recipients.
    I have a distribution list comprised of primary/backup reviewers from several departments within our organization, totaling 15 recipients. With the new limitation, I am now limited to either 3 reviews per day or have to pair down my recipient list to primary reviewers only and keep track of when a review has to be sent to a backup recipient and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for reaching out. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    As much as I understand from your post, you want to convert an HTML document to PDF from browser. It is unclear if the document is a locally saved HTML file or an online URL.

Unfortunately, local HTML files cannot be converted from browser as Acrobat browser extensions only work for online URLs. So you will have to use Acrobat Create PDF tool to convert the file.
    1. Launch Acrobat.
    2. Go to File→Create→PDF from Web Page.
    3. Click on “Browse” button and select the HTML file to be converted.
    4. Click Create.
    If the converted document is not proper (as mentioned by you), please share a sample HTML file with us so that we can check the issue.

If you want to convert an online URL, you can use Acrobat…

13. I was surprised to see that when I press Ctrl+T , the Open Document panel just pops up instead of switching between tabs.
    And since there is no option to change keyboard shortcuts how can I fix this bug.
    Thank you in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix "Tagged Annotations - Failed" bug

Hyperlinked content is marked as "Tagged Annotations - Failed" in Accessibility checker even when they are properly inserted (whether manually in Acrobat Pro or in InDesign, etc.

Adobe Support confirmed that InDesign included the hyperlinks properly and confirmed that the issue in Acrobat is indeed a bug.

Mac OS Mojave. 10.14.5
    InDesign 14.0.2
    Acrobat Pro DC

Created document in InDesign with and without hyperlinks. Exported to PDF.

PDF with hyperlinks produced Tagged Annotations - Failed
    PDF without hyperlinks did not show failure UNTIL I added the hyperlinks manually in Acrobat, then they failed as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add shortcuts for high level tools like Edit PDF, Optimize PDF, Prepare Forms, etc. When working with a document that requires changing tools often, it's tedious to have to find the right icon and click on the side menu over and over. It would be great if something like Alt-O, etc. would open the Optimize PDF menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I just need the program to create the two arrow heads with the attached line in between with no numbers showing in the middle.

The basics of the measuring tool should be that it can't know the ratio and the actual length of an object and you have to manually put in the numbers and length you want. You have to say how long the object are in simple text so to speak.

|<--- 13 mm ---->| (what i don't need).

|<----------------->| (what i want).

This helps me in my line of word and speeds up my reports.
    Today i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I receive signature from clients, especially when signed with mobile device, the signatures are always very small when I receive them. What can be done to fill signature line so they are more legible. They are unable to change size of signature prior to returning/submitting back to me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why default to yellow text on white background? It's impossible to read. Personally, some DARK themes would be desirable, i.e. yellow text on black background. Is a SIMPLE link to change SETTINGS in this regard?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?