Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10664 results found

1. Copy text in a PDF without line breaks at each visible line. Attachments are: 1) bad copy behavior in Acrobat, 2) proper copy behavior in Mac Preview.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Similarly, ability to move documents with a dialog box showing original page number and desired or update page number would be extremely helpful for large number of pages. This will allow us to see the page being moved correctly. This is not the case with organize pages or scrolling. Scrolling helps, but on extended scroll freeze is experienced

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I do a lot of OCR text correction work and often need to be looking at the Content pane to help find and correct errors. I have found that if I am on one page and have selected the container of a block of text (while "review recognized text" is on) and then select a content group for a different page, Adobe freezes and eventually crashes. See attached screenshot for steps to recreate the crash.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If I make a PDF with accessibility options enabled for a PowerPoint with multi-layered table item names, such as this file, Acrobat freezes when I edit the PDF."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro ("Continuous Release" version 21.11.20039.0), I understand how to search multiple PDF's, but I want to constrain the search to multiple OPEN PDF's. I don't want to look in ALL the files in a folder, and I prefer not to move the relevant files to a subfolder (although that is the workaround hack I have to use for now).

You should add a feature that allows the user to search within OPEN documents. Please and thank you

(User context: I am working on a review article, and citing various published studies. I can't remember which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A team member needed to edit a PDF so he selected the Edit tool and made his edits. While still in "Edit mode" he selected the "Export PDF" tool and exported the file to Word. He then shared his file with others for review & translation. Problem was, the above steps created a Word doc with "locked" text boxes, meaning all the content (headers, body text, bullets, etc.) were in text boxes that could not be resized, ultimately resulting in jumbled content on any given page.

We were able to identify the cause of the problem only after a considerable…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I open a PDF from Web page, it only lets me save to online storage. The save icon is greyed out. Stop trying to make me use your online storage! We do not pay for Acrobat DC to have you disable basic features like saving an unaltered pdf from my company web page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need a way to automatically hide the Comments pane that pops up on the right-hand side of a PDF with comments without asking users to manually change their Adobe preferences.

I create PDF deliverables for a living and there have been situations where a client wants me to embed documents in a PDF via the Comment Tool, but they don't want the Comment pane to open when their employees or customers open the PDF.

I have attached a screenshot of the Adobe Preference window. The preferences outlined in red are the ones that control the Comment pane pop-up. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. function bookmrk.GetByTitle stoped working as it should. It worked properly early. We tried to reinstall then Acrobat, but it didn't help.
    Windows 7. Acrobat Pro DC 2021.007.20102
    Error in the following VBScript:

Set MainPartDocument = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")
    MainPartDocument.Open("C:\1\1.pdf")
    Set bookmrk = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDBookmark")
    'on the next line function returns False, although the "bookmark" exists in the file. GetByTitle actually can't get the bookmark.
    res = bookmrk.GetByTitle(MainPartDocument, "bookmark")
    msgbox res
    if res then
    msgbox "bookmrk exists " & bookmrk.GetTitle
    end if

It looks like a bug. The problem was solved by installing Acrobat Reader on the PC additionally to Acrobat Pro. We noticed,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to write on the file. The highlighter tool is chunky and not great for writing sentences. It would be helpful for me to use a pen tool to write sentences in the margin rather than simply type it in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. provide a pdf api / code library to create accessiable pdf files from an HTML programmaticaly via c# and other languages.
    Use case companies and organizations who has systems which renders officialy pdf files like syllabus, invocies and etc and need them to be fully accessible for people with disabilities.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have an Adobe Acrobat DC account but when downloading it goes to Pro and thus with no account in it does not allow pdf to print or any
    other functions. gravelywillb@aol.com

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I subscribed to Acrobat DC at $14.99/month but it DOES NOT WORK, when I try to edit a document it tells me I have to either subscribe or start the free trial- WTF?????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am currently running Windows 10 on a HP Laptop and every time I try to use Acrobat Pro DC to scan a document it crashes. I've checked for updates but it shows that all updates are applied. Can someone tell me what is going on?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Yesterday I applied updates to both Acrobat Pro DC and Office on macOS 11.6.2, so I'm not sure whether is regression was caused by Office or Acrobat.

Office was updated to version 16.58 (22011201)
    Acrobat was updated to version 2021.011.20039

Now:

1. When I launch PowerPoint, I get an error (see attached image): PowerPoint couldn't load the add-in /Users/admin/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/PowerPoint/SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam

Indeed: the SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam file no longer exists.

1. Word no longer contains the Acrobat add-in in the ribbon. If I open User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word/linkCreation.dotm and enable macros when prompted, the Acrobat add-in loads into that document, but that's it. It does not…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A suggestion for Adobe. It would be so great if pdf signature field properties could be configured to include the signatory's email address, or could be scripted to pull an email address entered in a text field in the same form, so that when the form is uploaded to Adobe Sign it already has signature fields with email addresses, and is ready to send for signatures. without having to type in email addresses and place signature fields. That would be a terrific option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What if you stop making this POS overbloated incoherent software with the worst user interface and ux and just gofaq yourselvs? Pretty please?

'Regards'.replace('g', 't')

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Redact overlay text does not persist when de-selecting overlay text option. As a user, I need to selectively replace text/other elements in the document with overlay text while also being able to selectively replace text/other elements in the document with a solid shape/box.

Additionally, as a user, I need to escape Acrobat's suggestion to redact text when Acrobat believes text to be present in the redaction area, as sometimes, there is no text in the redaction area, as Acrobat believes.

Redaction preferences should persist across program sessions or at least be possible to save.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please bring back the ability to view the status of shared files. In other words, see when someone has viewed the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?