Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10536 results found

1. in Pro XI, when using the Drop List of fonts in "add text", the fonts actually DISPLAYED in the stated font. This was incredibly helpful for those of us who have to be creative with our text additions. For some reason, somewhere along the line between Pro XI and 2017 (which I just purchased and installed) someone in their infinite wisdom decided to delete that feature. please, Please, PLEASE put it back, and sooner rather than later. NOT having it is a major headache.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I can drag and drop emails from Outlook into the Combine Files Window, however, when you "combine" the files, the attachments are embedded rather than attached at the end of each email. You can manually convert each email in Outlook with attachments in that fashion, but when you have 100+ emails with attachments, that just doesn't work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am using Keyboard only to access the Tags Panel.

Switching between the Advanced Search menu, and the main document Window, using F6 to move Focus to the Tags panel and Find Tag from Selection work great. I perform subsequent actions and my first search/action is done.

Then I Alt tab back to the Advanced Search panel, move up to the next item, Alt tab back to the main document Window, F6 to the Tags Panel, the item I searched for is selected, but the previous Tag (from search # 1) still has dotted lines around it and it has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I export PDF to postscript and next create PDF from that poscript, text is viewed correct, but when I try to copy that text then all or some text is unreadable. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC. Input PDF file could be created in older version of Adobe. Do you have similar problem? I wonder if you have found a solution so you can share with me.

Thanks,
    Krystian

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have a file specifically for recovered files. I just lost 4 hours worth of work because the program crashed and the file reverted!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Product manuals are often secured and one can print but not comment, hi-lite or otherwise mark up important info would be helpful. Such "edits" could be a different layer and not integral to the original document. Even disclaimer text or ownership of such edits could be water-marked into the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple components of the Acrobat suite are writing to various sub-directories of Program Files (Adobe, Common Files\Adobe) as a user-mode process. In some cases, this is accommodated by modification to the default ACL model of the directories to allow the process to perform these writes, or it is relying on the UAC VirtualStore to re-direct the writes to a per-user location.

This is not the security model of Windows and these types of writes should either be going to the user's profile or \programdata\ when the permissions model supports this behavior natively. Having user-mode processes write to Program Files causes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The complete and total disorganization of your reference material has cost me way too many hours. Adobe has been going down hill for years when comes to their reference material and it keeps getting worse. it is **** near impossible to find any specific information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For starters when you state "See the PDF Reference for details." in a reference document there should actually be a "PDF reference". Secondly when giving an example make the example about what you are talking about. Organized your reference material clearly not haphazardly like now. You reference material use to be good and easy to use but that in no longer the case.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Go back to Version 8.0. It was superior to anything you have now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alt-Tab should switch between EACH PDF, not just the application. (Like other apps such as Word, and many many others. You are just not that important, just another viewer. Adobe is not a main application that people use, just a utility, so make it fast or it will be replaced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Zoom previous is a shorthand reference for go back to the previous view. It is an existing feature in numerous graphically intense systems like CAD, MCAD, ECAD.

It is a convenient and efficient way to restore the view. Reasons to use it are: 1. correct a zoom error or 2. zoom in to examine something closely and zoom back out to an overview

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After years of using Creative Suite with no problems whatsoever I recently installed Creative Cloud on my Mac High Sierra 10.13.5. From day one I have endured constant crashes with Indesign and I can forget trying to use Acrobat as it just crashes constantly. I deeply resent paying for this package when it is unusable. Very unhappy!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I convert a photo to a PDF, insert that into a PDF document and then add page numbering, the following problems arise:

1) on the photo-pages, the page-numbering is reduced in size to be barely visible, and

2) when paging thru the document, non-photo-pages appear minuscule compared to photo-pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please provide options for bookmark naming conventions. When creating HTML reports, I intentionally use relative links to link to attachments or appendices. However, when I create a PDF from the HTML home page, the bookmarks contain the full link exposing my User Profile name and other sensitive information. I would like the bookmark to be named for the relative link or the filename only (or an option for the document title). I prefer to create my reports in word with hyperlinks to other docs and attachments, but I have submitted a separate feature request for creating PDFs from documents with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For example, if I type "Tomić" when correcting recognised text, after clicking "Accept" it changes to "þÿ".

I'm using Acrobat DC version 2018.011.20055 on Windows 10 Pro version 1803.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can not get Acrobat Pro DC to run after download. It opens up but then shuts down in a few seconds

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is there a way to make this happen? I also tried exporting the pdf to Word and there was still no way to make the change happen automatically. I guess I should have exported the entire document to Word in the first place and done all my edits there. Now I have over 500 edits to insert by hand -- double the work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Extract attachments and place them behind the parent email
    When converting Outlook email all the attachment to be converted as a full blown document so it can be reviewed and redacted if necessary. I've attached two files to show you what I mean. I have to use a third party software to do this and it would be very helpful for Adobe to do it, especially for the legal community who need to review and redact documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?