Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10848 results found

1. I work for the Federal government and was issued a copy of Adobe Acrobat DC. I have Adobe Flash Player 27 Active X and 27 NPAPI as well as Adobe Reader XI(11.02.21) installed on our system. I am having problems combining Adobe forms, I feel as if there are some radio buttons missing in order for this task to be completed. the page I singled out is blank, it should not be, there is data on that page. The 2 documents are not combined after hitting the COMBINE button, they are still two separate documents. Can you please advise if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For the record, I contacted Adobe for Chat support today. It was utterly worthless

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Can you elaborate on the issues you are facing with Acrobat DC?

3. The banner (top of the frame) is too large, as is the Find box when you ctrl+F. When you try to fix this in the properties area, this area is also too large. I am assuming this is making an apply button run off of the visible area of the window. When i try to fix the resolution (from Auto-Detect, which I'm assuming is also part of the problem) to 100% it doesn't fix it when I close the window (which is why I assume there is an "apply" button that I cannot see or use - See Bottom of…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am able to Open a File function, but once I email it for testing when the receiving user would like to open the file, they are unable.

How do I get the file with the form?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please do it for Polish users in Polish program

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting to Keynote similar to Export to powerpoint.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I sort comments: by type, author, color, page, etc, the groups are always fully open. If I'm sorting by a particular group, I want to target something within a group. If I have a lot of comments, they scroll past the end of the comment pane. So EVERY TIME, I have to collapse the groups. At the very least, make the name of the groups BOLD somehow, so that I can see which group it is more easily. Also, I miss the little twirl down triangle, That UI was more intuitive. I don't like the ellipses.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Ammar responded

The suggested behaviour is already present in the application in some other form.

8. Allow users to edit and save a new default email Subject and body Message when using Send & Track. This is useful for those companies that send PDF files on a regular basis with a particular form letter attached to the file. Currently, we have to cut and paste our message into the default form each time. It would be nice to eliminate this step.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Acrobat XI Pro and Acrobat DC, when using the Advanced settings in Print, items such as Screening do not actually persist with saved custom profiles. If you select settings and save it under a new profile, switch to another and then view the profile where you had the desired settings, the settings will be found to never have saved in the first place.

Additionally there is no way to save these custom profiles as a default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have added it as a bug in our database.

Best Regards!

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A patch is urgently needed for Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and DC to overcome Windows' misbehavior vs. Acrobat after the latest update. Acrobat crashes during scan under Windows 10 latest update, often when one scans the first page, but sometimes only after one page or maximum two. I verified that by installing a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise, checked that Acrobat works; then Windows 10 was updated to the latest version and Acrobat scan stopped working on TWO different computers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Please get back to us if you face any other issue.
    Thanks.

12. I have been using adobe acrobat pro 9 for over 10 years, and recently I have to switch over to acrobat DC, and find it bizarre.

1. First, the user interface has been completely redesign, not allowing one to switch back to the previous UI.
    2. Also, I find the number of key strokes needed to do a simple task, has greatly increase. I do a lot of cut-and-paste with my old acrobat, and it was convenient. With the new DC, after finally figure out how to do it, it involves a lot more key strokes. A regression!
    3. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Brand new Win 10 Surface Book with everything updated including Acrobat. When highlighting and adding comments to a scanned handwritten document, DC PRO crashed and hours of work were lost as the file I was working on was not in the temporary saved files. In troubleshooting, I found that auto-save to temporary files was not turned on in preferences. I am used to working with MS Word which automatically saves every document you have opened and changed and I assumed Adobe would do likewise. I have not had a crash like this on DC PRO like many others have reported…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How do I simply create a signature and store it??? You are getting too technical and overlooking the little stuff..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe Acrobat XI Pro mailto link opens IE first and then Outlook 2016. Default program for mailto protocol is set on Outlook 2016 and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC opens mailto link on Outlook 2016 only.

Reset Acrobat XI Pro did not resolve the issue.

Please assist on rectifying this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have several potfolio with simial structure. Each time I open them I want a view with a vertical split in the window and the source folder added to the file deails pane. Not a big deal but adds up to some time. I have not been successful in finding a custom layout which provides this - they seem to be a daunting subject.. So my question is would it be possinle to write a macro I could run on opening the layout and where could I find hints/advice on how to write such a macro.
    Thank you for any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a preprocessing step for our document analysis technology, we need to OCR hundreds of document scans. Since we need not only the recognized text, but also font information and text position, your OCR technology as integrated into the Acrobat DC provides the best quality for our needs, but unfortunately, there seems to be absolutely no possibility to automate the OCR process? Your mobile app seems to access some cloud api, since there you can make a picture with your phone and get the OCRed PDF within seconds from the Adobe servers, but the API is not public (at least…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Whose stupid idea was it to make drag and drop also copy pages when in the organize pages tool? And then why doesn’t ctrl z undo that copy and reselect the pages? This is literally how everything else works.

But somehow a slight slip in this program means I need to close the file, don’t save and reselect 200 pages again to delete them because of this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi

We tried with several files and dragging does not copy the pages.
    Is it specific to some files or is there a defined way to replicate it?
    If file specific, can you please share the files with us?

This would help us investigate faster.

Thanks
    Vivek

19. Rasterise all vectors option in the export PDF dialogue window.

I use lots of detailed vector files in my layouts and when producing PDF's for approval this can be an issue as the files sizes can be too big to send back and forth over email. There are numerous work arounds but none really give a seamless document flow that should happen. Making a JPEG of my files and placing those instead of eps or ai files can be a headache also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat pro won't open properly on my iMac running Sierra 10.12.6.
    I can see it in the menu bar at the top of the screen, but it won't open any further than that.
    I have been able to click on file-open and managed to open a file, but none of the tool functions work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the trouble, can you provide the Acrobat version you are using. Also please provide the following logs:

“~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat Update Helper DC.log”

“~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat Updater DC.log”

“/Var/log/install.log”

• Don't see your idea?