Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10735 results found

1. Recognize Text feature encounters errors on each page. Error reads: Acrobat could not replace the current page with the new recognized page because of the following error: This operation is not permitted This could be due to either a low memory situation or low disk space <>Ignore future errors in this document <OK>

If I click <x>Ignor fute erros in this document, it still stops on every page of the document, even if the document is 100 pages long and requires this error to be OK'ed for each page before the process will stop. clicking the "Cancel" button has no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently e-Sign Templates have the ability to assign a field to be pre-filled by sender, but this capability is wiped out when you use the template to create a Web form. The "Sender" should continue as an assignable user role in Web form, and the "sender pre-fill" function should be included in that capability, a carryover from how it works in e-Sign templates.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Per Adobe support, a shared link created from the Fill and Sign window cannot be removed or deleted -- ever. This means there is a permanent, publicly accessible link that the creator cannot control.

If you send a link to the wrong recipient, or realize that there is a page of your document that is private, you can never disable the link or prevent anyone from viewing and downloading the shared file -- FOREVER!

This is a massive security risk. Users and organizations must be able to control their links. We must be able to disable these public links at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I normally have to scan 5 to 8 pages with OCR using the feeder on an HP9015E printer. Why not have a one page setup and then one scan button.

Try it sometime yourself. It is a real mess especially with the auto bed option instead of a setup for the feeder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to offer true PDF Web Forms that look like the actual document such as an employment application online that can be linked to or embedded in a website for the public to fill out in the browser and submit. Instead of using an HTML form, they would see a true form fillable pdf that they could fill out and submit. Essentially merging the paper presentation of a PDF with an HTML form to run on websites.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It goes thru all the combine functions and while combining PDFs, it sends me a red triangle indicating failure. I have paid for the pack and have 7-day pro trial and it doesn't work. Acts like I don't have it. Trying to file court docs in order and combined for email filing. When I'm done this app goes into the trash unless you resolve this. Doesn't work on mobile app or desktop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. From reading the Adobe replies on the community forum, I understand that Adobe prefers not to add the PDF/UA 'flag' (an XMP identifier) automatically because accessibility conformance should involve manual checking.

I don't agree with this rationale.

Accessibility Check includes some steps which must be performed manually (e.g. color/contrast, read-order). The GUI offers a way to mark these steps as complete. It's a matter of trust. That's ok.

So let's say all tests are passed. Why not add the PDF/UA flag at that moment? Perhaps when all steps are passed, a query dialog could appear? Or just enable a checkbox…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Until today, when I used the add text feature in fill & sign, text would automatically pop up. I use this feature multiple times a day. Now I have to retype the same thing over and over. This is going to cost me lots of time in my day, as I do this about 20 times every single day. Please restore the feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The idea is not novel - an autosave function that actually autosaves. I have the pretend autosave Adobe offers enabled and set for every 3 minutes, and twice I have lost all changes in a document with no evidence of where the mystical autosave files are located. Wasted hours and genuine disgust with this failing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to suggest an idea for Adobe Acrobat. The suggestion would be to allow people to insert vector lines and basic shapes to a PDF file. This vector lines and shapes could help us folks that may be looking at sheet music and or make a musical note correction to the sheet music. Also, allow a plug-in to insert musical notes and other music iconography onto a blank PDF file of sheet music. Adobe Acrobat can really be used by the music industry all around the world if they only can see the power and simplicity of using…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you spend hours reviewing and adding comments, no matter how many times you save as you go, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC doesn't actually save the comments. When you open the file up later your comments are missing like you never made them. sometimes it saves somethings, most of the time it doesn't save anything. worthless program!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To split pages, you have 2 different workflows for the following:
    -Application (Adobe Acrobat DC)
    Create the same workflow and copy the Online workflow version to Application because it is easier to work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently you have to scroll the tools panel to see long form field names. It would be more user friendly to be able to see the whole name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Bates Stamping tool needs a few more features to help litigation users comply with the court requirements. For example. in Nevada, when we submit trial exhibits to the court, the PDF file name is the exhibit number (e.g., 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf) and the Bates number on the document is the File Name plus the page number (e.g., 1-001, 1-002, 1-003; 2-001, 2-002; 3-001, etc.). Currently, we have to process each PDF individually and manually type the filename as the prefix, which is a massive time suck. If the File Name were added as a field to the Bates Stamping…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has a lot of really good editing features that are not available when using SharePoint - specifically the Dynamic Stamp functions and adding bookmarks to a pdf...both really helpful when sharing pdfs with others!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use Adobe Cloud for doing assigned college reading. It would be SUPER helpful if we could organize .pdfs into folders. This way, I could organize the readings by class, semester, week, etc. As of now, it's a long list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There seems to be a bug with unknown characters in the Read Order tab. Issue with Hindi described here, but I've seen it on other languages (Khmer).

The read order tab has multiple unknown characters for each text block. The main text appears fine visually, but screen readers have the same issues and cannot read the same certain characters (NVDA speech viewer screenshot included).

What's the issue here? Are there any answers or workarounds?

This is from an Word export (NVDA reads all characters perfectly fine in Word), and I'm on the latest Acrobat Pro DC (though the same issue…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The reasons for signature list seems to be fixed. It would be nice to be able to add custom reasons to the list without editing the registry.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why do I have to unlock PDF files from the Internet in order to print their content? That doesn't make sense.

When I print a document, I do not confirm the file to be save. Instead, I'm just converting the PDF file to an even saver format: the printed page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In create Pdf feature we have multiple formats supported to convert into pdf and combine however for visio files we have only .vsd format available but not .vsdx. kindly add .vsdx visio format also in supported list of file formats it would be helpful for visio drawings to get convert and combine in single pdf file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?