Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10735 results found

1. When using a custom redaction regular expression, the Redact tool doesn't correctly respect case sensitivity. The following pattern:

(\b)([A-Z])([A-Za-z]+)(\b)

...should be tagging words that begin with a capital letter, but it instead marks all words in the entire document. Please allow the redaction tool to correctly tag words based on the specified capitalization in the RegEx patterns.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Cloud commenting from Acrobat and InDesign is an amazing idea but it feels hobbled without the insert text at cursor tool, particularly for reviewing text heavy documents. Please consider expanding the commenting functions available to cloud reviewers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 HOURS OF COMMENTS ON PDF - MOVED TO DIFFERENT APP, CAME BACK TO ACROBAT ONLY TO FIND MY PAGE WAS CLOSED AND ALL MY COMMENTS WERE LOST. YOUR TOOL HAS NO FUNCTION TO RECOVER WHAT I WAS DOING. WHAT A CROCK OF ****. ARE YOU FOR REAL??? WHY NO PROMPT TO SAVE ON CLOSURE LIKE EVERY OTHER PROFESSIONAL APP?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I created a form and needed to disable the comma typing, because when I sent the pdf to another computer that didn't have Adobe, the sum field gave an error due to the comma. For some reason, he interpreted the comma as if it were a zero, so the sum went super wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have created a pdf fillable form and the date picker and the signature box only work when I open with Acrobat. Do these not work in Chrome or Edge? I don't want people to have to use special software to fill in the form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we open a PDF file like a code file, the way we used to open our code file in gvim ie same file can be open in two/three tabs. (like seeing function decl. & it's call?) This would be very useful to read in a large PDF file, such as reading a sub chapter on page number 50 and referencing page number 225 for further explanation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is a horrendous bug that I can recreate umpteen times. If a file is exported from Indesign to Acrobat, and then the Indesign file is edited and re-exported to Acrobat, if you try to save the revised version in Acrobat, Acrobat saves the original version (which I presume it holds in memory) and ignores the revised version. The only fix I have found is to close Indesign and Acrobat and start again - this seems to clear the prior version from Acrobat. This is really dangerous for users and immensely inconvenient. Adobe please fix asap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A complex form that ran fine under older versions of reader, is now intermittently running some of the onboard javascripts incredibly slowly and appearing to the user as freezing (Not Responding).
    This does not always occur, and occurs during different operations (using different document level scripts).
    I am using Windows 10 Pro 19041.804 (most recent) and have experienced it on Reader 2021.001.20138 32bit and 64bit versions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acrobat Reader DC freezes up. this started about 2 weeks ago. Ehen opening a PDF some time i can scroll for a short while then it freezes or some times it freezes as soon as it is launched. I've been through all of the suggested steps nothing so far helps. what next? I don't get an error code. Operating system is Windows 8.1. It worked fine on windows 8.1 earlier so I assume an update was pushed that was not compatible with my machine.

Help

Thad

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it easy to select the select as default cursor when opening documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When autosave is turned on Acrobat periodically writes .tmp files to the autosave location containing annotations since the last time the file was saved. If Acrobat is forced to quit without saving the open file, upon restart it detects the presence of the .tmp file and offers to restore the changes. At that point that .tmp file is still in the autosave folder.

Immediately after the user accepts that offer, Acrobat deletes the .tmp file and returns an error saying the file cannot be found or read and as a result all changes have been lost.

This problem has existed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am a musician who is beginning to use Adobe Acrobat DC to annotate scores. All music notation software (that I'm aware of) integrates continuous horizontal scrolling between pages, reflecting the way that sheet music is actually read. Without being able to scroll horizontally in Adobe Acrobat DC, annotating music scores is very cumbersome as one has to re-find staves when scrolling vertically and cannot make annotations across pages.

My feature request is the implementation of both horizontal scrolling and continuous horizontal scrolling between pages as an additional method of page navigation. Being such a simple feature, I'm sure it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Acrobat Standard keeps saying connection status check your internet connection can't verify subscription. Password is correct. Spoke with support and because we have Trend AV apparently this is a known issue. Need a fix ASAP

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have been using Adobe products for Graphic Design and Publishing work for many years, and for most of it my co-workers and I have stuck to paper printouts and pencils for markup. Now that we're all working from home, we're relying on Acrobat and PDF markup tools and I'm so frustrated by how unintuitive this program is, compared with InDesign, which I use on a daily basis. I am used to switching from one tool to another with keystrokes that are deep in muscle memory, and I can use them in one way or another when I open Photoshop.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A well designed nice looking dark reading mode for the windows version like ios and android. the ios and android modes have a nice simple dark mode switch much like many apps and operating systems of today now have. I find it's clunky and outdated to still have the only option for changing PDF document viewing options to a night mode-ish for reading at night only in the accessibility options.. a simple switch for on off would be VERY overdue on this relatively expensive product. I find it rather odd that it still does not despite the mobile options already…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Individual, multiple text highlights are created one after another and some can become automatically grouped, making it impossible to go back and delete just one of the highlights. Please offer the option to ungroup the highlights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello , Team ADOBE , The acrobat pro dc should have a feature which can remove watermarks and headers\footers created by other pdf editor , i know its hard but we should have an option to select an object as watermark and remove it from all the pages , we need to manually remove such watermarks from all the pages , if we can set that kind of algorithm than we can choose which thing to remove from all the pages , it would be good , i have tried the adobe preflight too ,but does not work , so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adobe should fix this (Desktop Service) supporting application for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from taking up so much memory as a background process. Currently about 240 MBytes of memory. If all it is doing is checking the licence, why does it need so much space??!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I spent several hours customizing my work space (toolbars and preferences). Unfortunately, I had to reinstall Acrobat Pro DC. To my dismay, once reinstalled all my customizations were gone and I had to redo them all. There should be a way to save all customizations and implement them should a reinstall be necessary. It would be nice to have them all in one file that could be stored either on my computer or in my cloud account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?