Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10705 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is an OCR and Export issue. Because DC's OCR is not as good as it was in Pro, I get tons of errors that I correct. The correction is great unless the OCR grabs half a letter. However, if I export the OCR's pdf to Word, DC OCR's the pdf again and does not retain the corrections and will export with the same errors. That is crazy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Anytime I have a document with a higher number of pages open and "output preview" tool open at the same time, all of Acrobat becomes unresponsive and you have the spinning pinwheel. Can the output preview tool be limited to checking on the visible page, so I don't have to wait 30+ seconds between every action for the tool to re-process the whole document?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The license recover process using the licensing toolkit for computers that have a healthy hard drive works great. However, anticipating the need to recover a license from a computer where the HD has failed/crashed and the HD can not be accessed to run licensing toolkit .exe to recover license.

Anticipating the need to recover a license from a failed/"crashed" HD and would like to know procedure for this. Maybe it license count needs to be manually adjusted on the Admin Console by Adobe Tech Support???? Just want to prepared to address this situation.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi. I could not save my documents when clicking on "Save" button. The table appeared but nothing was written/ displayed on the table neither. I even restarted my laptop and opened it again but nothing works still. Please get in touch with me via my email: nhi.ton@cae.com . Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There is nothing more frustrating that being invoice in USD when we are in Canada! It is a doable thing to add another currency to an accounting program. SO DO IT!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I installed adobe reader touch in my windows 10 laptop, i am unable to login to my account,there is no option for log in.
    I need to access a PDF (with notes)made in one device that can be continued in another device, for which i need to log in to adobe so that both my devices are connected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When pasting text copied from a FrameMaker document into an Acrobat comment, ALL the system fonts are listed in the comment.

Current workaround is to paste the copied text into a text editor and then recopy the information from the text editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Having a problem with temporary files being opened instead of the file from the stable location when using "View PDF after Saving" from Illustrator and inDesign. I find the auto opening feature to be extremely useful as it saves me a lot of steps and helps me catch problems such as transparency overprinting issues or improper variable data numbering before items are sent to the printer. Not every time, but often I am finding that the temporary file is being opened not the file saved in the customer folder location. This is new to the latest update of the software.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When creating a binder using the > Combine Files function, all batch imported files should be clearly checked by default, with the option to uncheck individual files.

Alternatively: When clicking > Combine, the user could be notified:
    "It seems you have imported more files than are currently being combined. Is this right? (Tip: If you like to use all your imported files in this binder, please check all your imported files by doing X.) >Y/N

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I try to convert a web page in Firefox to pdf using the icon on top right corner, it often does not work. If I try the convert to pdf using the print command on the right dropdown list, the optionto print, then adobe pdf will convert the same page to a perfect pdf. What is wrong?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Very hard to work with, not intuitive at all, worst design, change the team, I am giving up and go to other product.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My pdfs do not print centered, even though I have "auto portrait landscape" clicked. they print left and down on the page. I can print correctly from any other program. What is wrong with Acrobat!!!???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Since you latest update, even though I pay monthly for my latest version, I can no longer do a "Save As" to save something as a pdf to my documents. If not fixed IMMEDIATELY - I will stop my paid service.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After working on one document for about 3 hours, Adobe decided to crash. When I reopened Adobe, it prompted me to recover the file, great, except the file it recovered was blank... This has happened several times. Is it too much to ask for an auto save feature, or some kind of crash protection? I have literally just wasted 3 hours of my time.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ver 2019.012.20035

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unknown error when trying to insert a signature.

"Operation failed because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unknown error."

I've closed the program and restarted my computer but the error persists.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    This looks like a PDF specific issue. Can you please try to edit the same PDF file using Edit app. Let us know how it goes.

Also it will be great if you can share the PDF file with us.(Mail to sagrover@adobe.com)

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

18. Adobe Reader reads dashes as "to" and not "dash." Not always accurate, my organization uses Figures denoted 3-1. this should be read "three dash one" not "three to one".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I always used the tick box while reviewing, using a filter so that comments I processed also disappeared. It was an easy and intuitive way of editing the source text with the help of the comments in the PDF. After the last update, the tick box is gone and now hidden. You have to click the dots in the top right corner of the comment, then select 'Set status' and then click the status. That's THREE clicks instead of one. NOT user friendly, NOT intuitive, NO improvement. Please give me back my tick box!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adobe, PLEASE update Acrobat Pro DC's accessibility standard from WCAG 2.0 to WCAG 2.1. It came out a year ago, June 2018, but Acrobat DC does not yet support it.

Government agencies now require 2.1 to comply with accessibility legislation: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/accessibility-requirements-for-public-sector-websites-and-apps

Our accessible PDFs are mostly for government agencies. If Acrobat does not update soon we can no longer use it and will have to find an alternative. Can anyone suggest any good apps that validate to WCAG 2.1?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?