Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

43 results found

1. Not being able to move the side bar to the top is ridiculous. Just a terrible layout that is not productive. Good software is written to be highly customizable, not locking the user into what you think is best.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Glad I'm not alone. I'm a former Ux designer for a CAD company. The user interface is the absolute worst experience I've ever encountered. Take a hint from Blue Beam and design a ribbon, or get out of the business. Attached is just a tiny example. Extracting a page from a document, and I see TWO dialog boxes? On top of not being able to find anything related to production/markups, it's constantly freezing, and Task Manager in Windows is my only friend at that point.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The latest update to Adobe is terrible. Please revert back to support the old version

Everything takes way longer and functions are now hidden within other functions

also why did you swap the side that the tools are on? it makes no sense.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Your new interface is complete garbage. I have been using this software for years, and while I have been able to adapt to a lot of changes, you swapping the location of the bookmarks and tools is completely unwarranted and terrible. This is literally painful to look at. Who ever thought this was a good idea should go live in computer purgatory with that stupid Microsoft paperclip.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The latest version of Acrobat is horrible. Why did you have to completely flip the entire interface so it is backward. The tools are not readily accessible as they were before. This is a terrible idea. Please offer an option to change the interface back to the tool we know and can use quickly and efficiently. I'm trying to get work done!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This needs to be massively cleaned up. Tools don't work intuitively, workflow is choppy at best. Understand new functionality is being added, but, the smooth fit-for-purpose flow the older versions had where you can get in and out, get your job done is massively broken so badly that we all actively avoid using the tool as much as possible until we have absolutely no choice. It feels like it's trying to become a destination that sinks a massive amount of time. I want my tools to be quick, easy, efficient and get out of them and on with my core…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am visually impaired and have implemented the Windows accessibility features that allow me to make my mouse pointer dark, inverted and larger, so that I can more easily locate the cursor on the page. However in Adobe Acrobat DC, your default cursor does not allow this Windows feature to carry over. Honestly it is terrible and should really be fixed to be at least darker, larger and bold so that visually impaired clientele can use your products.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why has acrobat become a useless and annoying program? It used to be a great program now it is terrible. Why does every basic change in preference require a registry edit? The designers are clearly not as smart as they think they are.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new update is terrible for adding text fields to documents. When add text is selected, the edit mode is still on which greatly impedes functionality. It takes me 10x as long to add text to a document now, I want the old Adobe back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I feel like my hands are tied behind my back. I can't navigate the new design of the tool bar down the side. Let me have my tool bar back at the top

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new look has moved everything around. It is also unintuitive and awkward, making it very difficult to find and use things I need to use frequently. There is also no option to resize panes (which the old interface had), and I can't move toolbars around or otherwise customize it to be closer to what I am familiar with. To use the new look I have to re-learn everything. In the past updates were done to provide improvements without making major changes to layout, why change something that was working well? It's OK to change things bit by bit. Users…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new viewer tools menu is terrible design. I dont want a 4 in bar on my left side constantly when i want to use the stamp function for 100's of documents. There is an almost empty top bar to put tools of your choice up there. Being able to just lock the icon for the tool you want to use to your top bar should be easy right? While having it to search for tools and being able to read everything is fine but, who organized the menu? There is a general "priority" to common used to less common…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe is clearly run by children. No adult would ever approve the pointless changes that Adobe consistently forces on us. Now instead of toolbars that help us we have annoying floating toolbars that can not be docked. WTF? Sure just randomly switch where the table of contents and tools are, no one uses them anyway because that are terrible tools. I wish i never learned any Adobe programs so i would not be fooled into trying to learn these useless new configurations. I want my money back and all the money i wasted learning a program with no evolution or…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I could not possibly hate what you are doing to Acrobat more than i do. It is like you let children that have never done professional work design your interface. It is terrible and comical in a tragic way. You took a great program and made it a JOKE. ******** for allowing this to happen. This forum is a perfect example of how you have completely abandoned your responsibility to be accountable. This is a useless place for comments.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please please give us an option to remove the terrible "Try Acrobat PC Pro" blue button in the tabs bar. There is already more than enough ads for it everywhere: in the tools sidebar on the right, on the home screen, etc.

This button is taking up so much space that could be used to show more tabs! I'm so used to using Adobe and I like it but I think I will switch to another reader if this button is not removed. I even tried installing an older version of acrobat (which was a pain just to find it)…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I thought we were supposed to be able to feedback on the app, not just post feature requests or bug reports? Is this just to restrict us from complaining?

My feedback is that the current Acrobat is still as terrible as it was when it was first introduced. None of the team appear to listen to a word of criticism and carry on forcing this horrendous bag of spanners down our CC throats. It's a blot on Adobe's vision and should be rethought completely. The longer you keep it, the more my opinion of your products wanes, but you just…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Okay - so this morning, Acrobat decided to switch into "new acrobat" mode. Yay! Except for the fact that all of my documents open in new tabs in the same window now - which is terribly inconvenient for me. What's worse, is that the option to turn this off has been removed from Preferences. 30 minutes ago, I could go Edit->Preferences->General and clear the "Open documents as new tabs in the same window" option. Now, after it switch to "new acrobat" mode, this option is no longer available. So I switched back to "old acrobat". Boo!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, unlike its vastly superior predecessor, Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, is extraordinarily poor in the file management window department.

The search functions are terrible, and it is not possible to sort documents by the various parameters. Nor does it 'remember' what folder you used previously, so that you are always having to search back through the folders to get to where you want to be. It's very hard to figure out where you are by looking at the top of the file folder screen. Basically what used to be a great UI, is horrible.

The idea…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The quick tool icons were changed after Acrobat X during the overhaul of Acrobat's UI to DC and beyond. One of them was to make the tools in the quick access all GRAY, and eliminate their COLOR unil the pointer hovers over it.

This was a terrible decision and backwards step from a usability standpoint. Humans interact in their environment by perceiving things in color, lots of colors, and rely on color to understand and navigate the world. While shape outlines are one point of information to understand what a thing is, color adds considerable information to that mental processing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?