Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10830 results found

1. Linux users are in dire need of a PDF reader and editor ever since Adobe discontinued the Adobe Reader (version 9.x) for Linux!

None of the currently available (free or proprietary) PDF readers for Linux has proper support for annotating and commenting PDF files. Filling forms and signing documents is also only rudimentary supported by some of the currently available PDF readers for Linux.

Thus, this is a request to revive Linux support for the latest Adobe Reader as well as the full Adobe Acrobat suite.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since yesterday, January 2, 2020, Acrobat Pro is freezing for a few minutes after closing the last file. It eventually starts working again, but it freezes again after closing another file or set of files.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Acrobat Crashs if I try to detect the text of this document. Every other document works.

I am using Win 10 and a Dell XPS15 Notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If a document has highlights, comments and notes to replace text it is clear the document needs to be saved in order to retain those comments. Why then, if you accidentally close this document is there no prompt "do you want to save your changes"? As soon as a document has been commented on/changed, there should be a prompt like this. If there has been no change, no prompt is needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. None of the fixes or downloads work to enable the single-click email like there was in the older versions. The link in https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attachment.html requires too many permissions and my company won't let me download it. PLEASE JUST CHANGE IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Could you please use the following registry file to switch to older email experience:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown]
    “bSendMailShareRedirection”=dword:00000000

I hope this helps, please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
    Arvind

6. When sending bills or other letters as PDF I add our company logo in the background of the document via Acrobat. Everything works as expected until I save. Then the program crashes every time. The file however emerges complete and intact after I restart Acrobat.

MacOS 10.13.6
    Acrobat PRO DC 2019.021.20061

• Export PDF via Save Dialog from MS Word (ver. 16.16.17)
    • Open PDF in Acrobat
    • Add Background (PDF File with Vector Graphic)
    • Save -> CRASH

I use the current version of Acrobat, but the issue has been persistent for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while saving the PDF.
    Could you please share the Crash report that appears after Acrobat crashes for you on you Mac system ?

That’ll help us to triage this issue further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

7. I NEED YOU TO GET A GRIP THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT TECH SAVY I AM SEMI BUT I AM VERY FRUSTERATED AT THE FACT YOUR APP IS CONTROLLING MY PRINTER! HOW BOUT THAT MY DAD HAS PASSED AND I CANT GET **** DONE NOW I HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE COME OUT AND DELETE YOUR NON SENSE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Since the Acrobat DC auto update last night to 2019.012.20036, my PDFs are not displaying any fonts.
    On closer inspection the fonts have been embedded in the documents as CID identity-h type fonts from OTF originals. I believe this has always been the case.
    Yesterday I could view the files, today all text is replaced with dots. Other people can view the PDFs correctly in Acrobat Reader. I can print on our digital press correctly. I can view the files in a browser correctly. Just cannot view them in Acrobat DC 20036. The fonts are from the Rotis Semi Sans…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A button to straighten a scanned document would be so useful, particularly for anyone using a document feeder to scan. Currently, if you go to edit the document, it will straighten the pages for you, but it will sometimes convert handwritten notes into a font and change their appearance, which isn't ideal for signatures, for example. So, a separate option to straighten the document would be life changing for me at work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a slider to each section (completed agreements, agreements out for signature, etc.), so the user can easily scroll through them. Having to use the mouse scroll wheel is inconvenient compared to a slider.

When I opened the screen of completed agreements, I only saw the most recent ones. There is no way to know how many there are or to easily scroll through them.

This interface could be easily improved by adding a slider to the right of the screen. Not everyone has a mouse with a scroll wheel, and even if they do, it doesn't work as well…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello,
    I’m a Independent Contractor for the Courts. I solely work from my iPad. IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR ALL ADOBE APPS (especially adobe sign), TO HAVE ‘ONCE DRIVE’ INTEGRATION. This would greatly help with document uploads and filing,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. under MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) in Acrobat Pro version 2019.010.20098 when we try to perform run a preflight fix (generate 2 mm bleed), Acrobat can't do it telling there was an error but not showing what error. The same fix applied on the same file using the same version of acrobat works perfectly under MacOS 10.11.6 - We tested it on different machines with the latest version of MacOS and Acrobat.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The editing features of Acrobat Pro DC is a main task of acquiring process of books for digitalization of image with borders (one raster images in every pages, by scanning processing). An AI features for automatically allignment (orizzontal or vertical), and the refine possibility to correct automatic allignment with edge-grips of images (feature present actually) but without the minimum of 2 degree and with capability of free rotation with steps of 0.5 degree (or 0.25 for values from 0 to 5 i.e.) showed in tooltips (as actually) can power significatively the editing features of Acrobat DC (Standard or Pro)
    that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In "Organize Page" can you add Insert Multiple blank pages,
    add after page 3,6,9 etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great to have an easy way to dump a file of multiple photos into Acrobat and create a PDF photo contact sheet. And be able to select how many photos on each page 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 etc per page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Users should be able to select how many pages are scanned for recognizable text in Action Wizard or when OCRing multiple documents.

Performing OCR and recognizing text on a single document gives the user the option to select how many pages they want to OCR. Action Wizard and performing OCR on multiple documents removes the ability to select how many pages are scanned. I have several thousand documents that I'm only interested in performing OCR on the first page.

How is this not a thing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be no limit for purchasing licenses each month. As a system admin, it takes time and effort to go through chat support to have additional licenses purchased instead of being able to do it yourself. This is definitely a must for every system administrator. Plus, I'm not comfortable with the idea of the support team of being able to purchase on behalf of the company.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Drop down boxes work correctly when completed on Windows. Do not display once completed on a Mac and then reopened in Windows, instead displays first item in list.

Calculations do not work once opened on Mac, and then opened again in Windows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. POSSIBLE BUG

This was originally brought to my attention by my print vendor, who asked that I correct the overprint and resubmit the file for offset print. As I preflight all my files, I was caught off guard. But on re-inspection I could see the overprint issue.

During preflight process of the InDesign PDF file, a pattern graphic is highlighted as overprinting when selecting Output Preview: Colour Warning: Show Overprinting.

This graphic appears normal in separation view with Simulate Overprinting turned on – the separations and values appear correct. Output Preview: Object Inspector shows the object is false for any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On MAC platform, Print to Adobe PDF and Save as Adobe PDF do not work to change filled forms into forms without fill. This option is available on IBM platform. This is a major drawback for me and a huge market of legal professionals---we have to use Adobe PDF fillable forms created by courts--and the forms are locked so we can't sign them or edit them unless we can save them to a nonfillable format. PLEASE FIX THIS FATAL ERROR. Need an option like what is available on IBM platform. My option now is dump the Mac OR move the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?