Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10712 results found

1. Acrobat DC for Mac's OCR continuously mis-recognizes standardized OCR characters such as those on checks and commercial forms. Those characters are designed to be highly readable at high speed and a standard quality scan (let alone a high quality one) should be sufficient for proper recognition by Acrobat.

Similarly, it routinely tries to translate address codes (the string of full and half-height vertical bars used by postal readers to sort mail), even if it does occasionally recognize the entire code as one "word." Fortunately, it usually includes it for review, but it shouldn't be difficult to recognize the standardized format,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have an expiration for the actual PDF file. That way no matter if it is downloaded it will no longer be able to be accessed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Many have asked for this for years & I saw at least one other suggestion of this declined for some reason...please make it so that all text/comments entered within scrolling text boxes in a fillable PDF can be printed out......or maybe make it clear somewhere in your help information that this just can't be done for some reason.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There should be an option to set the Date format used in Well formatted signatures in Adobe. Currently it is in MMM DD, YYYY format.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Desde hace varios días hay un problema muy grave en Adobe Acrobat. El problema es que al copiar un texto del PDF y pegarlo en CUALQUIER otro programa: las letras que tienen tildes o las letras "ñ" no se copian. En su lugar se quedan espacios en blanco.
    Este problema nunca había sucedido en Acrobat, llevo muchos años usando esta función de copiar y pegar y jamás había sucedido.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Its understood that a Print-Append feature would allow printing directly to a file without saving having to save the file first (as a separate file). The Print-Append feature would be a great advantage and essential to our company, and we are requesting that this be seriously considered:

1. We are wishing for the soon plans for this feature to be implemented?
    2. Alternately could there be an add-in option of sorts created for this feature?
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The latest release of Acrobat Reader DC crashes when a PDF is accessed through an ActiveX control, such as Microsoft's CHM viewer. This has drastic effects on several developers who depend on such a workflow. More explanation in a forum post https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acropdfimpl64-dll-crashes-when-pdf-is-accessed-via-activex-webbrowser-control-x64/m-p/12133227

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reviewing comments on a pdf document one by one is a key part of my work as an editor, and it would speed up my work immensely if there were a keyboard shortcut to mark comments as completed/rejected/&c. At the moment this action requires mouse-selection of options within a menue and then a drop-down within this menu, which slows the process down a lot. Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You should make it optional to have either the icon tool bar or the same tool bar you have in Adobe Pro XI. To tell you that I HATE the icons is an understatement because you have to open them individually and it's hard to find what you are looking for. Meanwhile it makes me feel as if you think I'm stupid or an idiot. I'm fairly well educated and hate icons taking half of the page that could have been used for editing a document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create 'object styles' for interactive text fields and buttons which allows the user to specify the attributes of the field which can then be applied to newly created fields

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My Acrobat Pro was set to auto update and now suddenly I can't copy/paste special characters.
    For example special letters in Spanish, French, German, Danish etc. Instead of letters it just leaves blank spaces in the document I paste into - no matter which application.
    I have tested this on three different computers now (Mac), and they all have the same issue (Acrobat version 2021.005.20048).
    I tested three other Macs with older versions and they worked fine, like mine did before the update.

The above was tested on Macs and it does not matter if it is Mac OS Catalina…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One of your recent updates broke my ability to use the yellow highlighter on the ribbon tool bar at the top in Acrobat to highlight text in PDF documents. This used to work great but now when I try to highlight, it grabs a huge area of the document and is completely useless now. See attachments. I use this all the time (or I did) so please fix this ASAP! Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently you have to use Java Script to create a dropdown list that includes an item with a null (blank) export value. There is not way to add a null value to the list in the Prepare Forms - Dropdown Properties user interface. You can create a list item that looks blank by using the space bar, but that is not the same as null and will generate an error when importing the data into our database (where true null is an acceptable entry, but any text entries that don't match the validation list are not, and the entire record…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Inspite of adobe being the inventor of the pdf format, it doesn't seem to have smooth freehand pencil tool. The current pencil tool is quite unresponsive & sometimes lags in places like dots, small dashes etc.(unlike Microsoft Edge PDF viewer(its that smooth👌), & the eraser, oh my god, it clears away dashes & dots in all the places in the page, but doesn't seem to clear the mark in front of it completely .

Please work on these issues, it restricts your subscribers from a complete PDF commenting experience, many of my friends & others have started using different viewers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am currently stuck on a project here due to the sometimes unpredictable and difficult to work with form field auto detection in Acrobat. I am designing a rather complex form in InDesign and exporting the PDF to have the form fields auto-generated in Acrobat.
    Radio Buttons in particular are the trickiest to work with because of their demanding conditions. It is leading to a frustrating end-user experience when the radio button form fields get generated as circular check boxes which is intuitive and confusing. It seems to unexpectedly incorrectly interpret them as check boxes in some cases, and correctly…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How do I copy the preferences in Acrobat for the toolbars, views, etc. that I painstakingly set up on one computer now that I have a new one to set up? Where is the preference file stored? The old computer with the good Acrobat preferences is not online.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's good to have the color swatch for the highlight and underline and so... it can be super to have the possibility to have different highlight and underline with different colors in a toolbar, so instead to have to highlight and after changing the color, we can highlight or underline directly with the color we chose, like PDF expert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I finally bit the bullet and started paying for Acrobat, but the incredible number of mysterious background processes named things like "Creative Cloud Helper," "CCXProcess," "Core Sync," CCLibrary," "Adobe Desktop Service," and not one but 4 apps named "Core Sync Helper" are making me reconsider. They have worsened my battery life and I have security concerns about these ambiguously—named apps constantly dancing up and down my Activity Monitor. I refuse to believe they are necessary to view a PDF. I run MacOS Big Sur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why does Adobe not allow payments with PayPal in Switzerland?
    Such an important company and especially that we are nowadays all using different payments tools beside the classical credit cards, should be really updated. It is almost like a discrimination towards us and it is incomprehensible. Almost every company uses nowadays PayPal as tool and it does work perfectly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?