Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10700 results found

1. Please let users create a quick tool that allows to show/hide the tool pane. Alternatively, let users open the tooI pane as a pull down menu. Basically, I am only asking to get back what we had in previous versions of Acrobat Pro where tools would open as a pull down menu. It would be nice to show/hide the tool pane without mental effort, without scratching the head about memorized keyboard shortcuts (I understand that I can do so via SHIFT+F4 but then users have a lot of keyboard shortcuts to remember across a lot of software tools.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the Desktop Version of Acrobat Pro DC i am missing the shared folders from Goolge Drive. In the Acrobat App on the iPhone i have access to them though. Please bring them on the Desktop Version too, its really needed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My Windows 10 Pro installation started crashing regularly by exhausting virtual memory, i.e. commit charge. After eliminating applications one-by-one, I determined that Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 was the culprit. If I boot the machine and launch open Resource Monitor and watch the Commit Charge meter, all is fine with Commit Charge at or below 10%. The moment I start Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, the Commit Charge will start to slowly ramp up. After an hour or two, it will run up to 100% and start causing Resource-Exhaustion-Detector errors, and eventually, the machine will hang. If I do these same steps,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I'm in the Comments pane, I want to use shortcut to navigate between the comments (with the comments shown in the context). However, the documented shortcut (Tab/Shift-Tab) is not working. The arrow key (up/down) is working for some parts, but in some cases, pressing Down arrow key goes back to the first comment on the page (or in some case goes to the previous page's comment) instead of moving to the next comment.

Please help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am using Adobe Sign to sign numerous documents. I need the signature field to show the date of signature as well. If the signers chooses to sign by typing or drwaing, I get the date below the blue line, but I dont get this if the signer uploads the singature as an Image.

I basically need the opposite of what is described here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/why-date-and-signer-name-disappear-below-the-signature-line-on-a-signed-document-adobe-sign.html

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Every time I open up adobe it instantly crashes. It will freeze for a couple seconds then close completely. I've checked for updates, used the 'repair installation' option and even checked if the issue would be resolved by checking the adobe distiller dc (like the trouble shooting page said to). I included the version I have on my work computer. This needs to be corrected quickly, I use Adobe every day to help our patients out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I use the Create Multiple Copies command, the Overall Size values are calculated differently depending on the zoom % of the document I’m working on. Which makes predictability of the width / height area completely impossible.

It’s also has something to do with the resolution of the monitor. On my MacBookPro, I need to setup my Zoom to 66% to get a practical math logic. On my Old Surface Pro 3, it need to be 43.2%.

This juggling of math make this feature really close to useless.

Tell me, what is Acrobat's mathematical logic here? And how can I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. when you open a document in acrobat pro DC, it defaults to view full page width. not terribly helpful 99.99% of the time. i always went straight for the toolbar to hit the 'fit height' setting to view the entire page instead. well, seems that an update had taken that option and had hidden it. you now have to go digging for it in the view menu, which takes longer than a quick flip of a button on the toolbar.
    i have also noticed that a lot of the lesser-used settings for viewing pages have replaced this simple and helpful…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Scrolling is slow on mac version when search bar open and more than 2 or three words are highlighted in a document. It is EXCRUCIATING and really needs to be fixed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have 4 tabs open, each displaying a PDF file. From Combine Fiiles I select Add Open Files. It lists 3 of the 4 files in the list. Where is the 4th?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Highlights are currently rounded at the edges, which makes it difficult for editors and compositors to tell whether the highlight applies to surrounding punctuation, spaces, and other narrow characters. Additionally, the blue boxes that appear around the highlights when they are clicked on often extend past the text that was actually selected, which can cause further confusion for those who need to edit things precisely.

Straight edges on highlights would allow for a clearer and more accurate view of what is being commented on. Please make this is an option in the Commenting preferences.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have some PDFs that I'd like to be able to draw on, either feedback on work for students or filling in templates. The pencil tool currently available doesn't do this smoothly (view screencapture example https://youtu.be/gr8UZYddzBo ). I'd like to be able to draw/write freehand like I can on a powerpoint presentation, so I can send notes and feedback to my students more easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The function to automatically and customizeable renaming of formular fields is needed!!!
    F.E.: If you want to deploy 500 checkboxes - you have to copy them and change name by clicking every box or deploy them one after another. This is absolute horrible.

It would be very helpful to have a function which can do this:
    - Mark the fields you want
    - Change name with a given name and f.e. growing numbers for the marked fields.

Please integrate soon. It wastes so much time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For regulatory reasons, we are using token-based digital signatures with embedded (time server) timestamps to sign PDF files.

When using Fill & Sign to request external signatures, we need to be able to:
    (1) digitally sign the PDF document (using our tokens) before it gets sent out, without the signature being discarded by the Adobe Sign service, and
    (2) digitally sign the PDF document (using our tokens) again, after all signatures have been collected

I was very surprised that this was not possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Acrobat Pro DC, when adding a new Digital ID, there is an attribute 'Email'. Please allow all email addresses in that field. Do not arbitrarily limit characters in email addresses to: a-z A-Z 0-9 . @ - _

Today I want to use an address, from+dsig@example.com, using a '+' character. This is perfectly legal in my email address, and I should be able to use it in a digital ID.

Beyond that, email addresses are no longer limited to a subset of ASCII Latin letters. Addresses in many scripts are now legal, e.g. Hindi ईमेल-परीक्षण@सार्वभौमिक-स्वीकृति-परीक्षण.संगठन or Arabic
    تجربة-بريد-الكتروني@تجربة-القبول-الشامل.موريتانيا…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have fully paid twice in total for Adobe Acrobat DC both for personal use and for official City use, and get at both ends the same message that my trial has expired and or to pay or activate another one!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As of this morning, when I close my open PDFs (using the X that appears when I mouseover the Windows taskbar), closing the final PDF does not close Acrobat itself. Instead it takes me to the Acrobat home screen.

I don't want this. I want to close Acrobat when I close my final open PDF. I don't see why anyone would want this behaviour, but even if some do, please make it an option (as it has been in the past) to close Acrobat completely when I'm done with my final PDF.

This is an unhelpful and anti-productive change.

EDIT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SEARCH: Pale blue/grey highlight is very difficult to find in documents with similar colours. Please add shade colour selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's very annoying to have the page with Home and Tools, and recent documents, open every time a PDF is opened. Please give us an option to stop that from happening.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When creating an Adobe Sign template, I need to be able to set the tab order of fields.

I can't use Adobe Sign for any moderately complex form (like an order form) because the form's field order drives my customers crazy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?