Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10741 results found

1. I'm using Adobe Acrobat X Pro on Windows 10 and I've received an error saying Acrobat Failed to connect to a DDE Server.

My co-workers are using the same program but they don't encounter this error. For a year now, this happens occasionally.

What should I do? Adobe Acrobat is an absolute necessity to my work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why when I open my laptop from sleep mode I cannot open a PDF file and have to restart my laptop to get it to work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would love the ability to upload a shape or image that could populate form checkboxes. For instance, we would like to have the checkbox use a key as the check.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I purchased a subscription to Acrobat DC on 12/16/2019. I now have to use a trial version of Acrobat DC because whenever I open Acrobat it says I have to use a 7 day trail version or buy it again. What do I have to do to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How Can I remove a blank space between two fields without created a DIV ELEMENT? I need to emove this space when dropdown list choice is: NAO

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657, when I have a PDF file or multiple PDF files open in Reader DC, and when I close the tab of a file and then try to do something with that file in Windows Explorer, such as rename or delete or move or change it any way, I cannot do so because Windows 10 thinks there is still a lock on the file and throws a pop-up dialog that says to "Close the file and try again." The only way I can get the lock released is by closing Reader DC…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

Do you have Windows Explorer Preview turned on in your explorer window ? If yes, can you please try after switching the windows explorer off and see if that works fine ?
    Also Try to close the explorer window and then try and then try to do any operation on that file in a different exporer window
    Let me know further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

7. Please make it possible to edit PDFs in One Drive using my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi!
    We recently switched from HelloSign to Adobe Sign. Adobe sign currently takes our team three times as long as Hellosign did. One of the biggest frustrations is if we noticed we missed an email address, we have to start completely over. Could you PLEASE make it so we can go back to the original page to make changes rather than starting completely over? In addition, is it possible to change the default to be not signing in order and we can change if needed? And lastly, is it possible to change the setting so if a password is entered…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allowing signers to download and save their signed version of the document allows for various versions of the document to be floating around and if the content includes sensitive information, the ability to use adobe sign is severely limited since the ability to download and save the document is a major security concern.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm having an accessibility issue that may be a bug with Acrobat or InDesign, or a combination of both. I have a single page of show notes for a podcast. Paragraph styles are used, export tagging is set, and order is laid out in the articles pannel. Upon export and listening with the NVDA screen reader, the reading order is correct, but the bulleted list of links is just read as "bullet, bullet, bullet, etc." without the accompanying text, and the links are skipped. You can tab through the links, but instead of identifying the object as a link, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI,
    I checked the issue reported by you. I would like to inform you that the bullets and the links tags are not tagged properly as can be seen in Tags panel in Acrobat.

Please report this issue to Indesign.

Thanks
    Rachit

11. Yes, this can be done one at a time. Not feasible for large collection of pdfs. It was discussed in older treads but the links no longer work. Pre-flight in your Action Wizard is the most likely answer. Need SEQU file. The ones found do not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. INSANE that you can't create a hyperlink in text on a PDF in the iPad/mobile versions of the app. Literally insane, I'm sorry, I pay for the monthly subscription LITERALLY for this ONE reason - to add hyperlinks into my PDF resume - and I can't access that very simple feature on a mobile device???? And Apple has removed the ability from Preview too? Is this a business collusion?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I am in the Grid of the Photo organizer, it would be very helpful if I could see if that photo has been sorted into an album, without opening the photo up. A previous version had icons to identify if it had been sorted into an album or you could hide it if it had been put into an album. Now when sorting I have to constantly open each picture to see if it has been placed in an album.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We do the compare output with Acrobat DC latest Release with Acrobat 7. and our comparision finding are listed in the spread sheet "Compare report case study_V1".

we find 4 major issues. in Acrobat DC when compare to 7

Bug Report

If First character roman and rest of the character was set in bold it not shows in Acrobat DC

Soft hypen changes does not show in compare report

Paragraphs Ist line indentation not shown in DC

If there is 1 line space before the paragraph in this scenario

Please refer the spread sheet and pdf attached

Thanks
    Ganesh.R

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We do the compare output with Acrobat DC latest Release with Acrobat 7. and our comparision finding are listed in the spread sheet "Compare report case study_V1".

we find 4 major issues. in Acrobat DC when compare to 7

Bug Report

If First character roman and rest of the character was set in bold it not shows in Acrobat DC

Soft hypen changes does not show in compare report

Paragraphs Ist line indentation not shown in DC

If there is 1 line space before the paragraph in this scenario

Please refer the spread sheet and pdf attached

Thanks
    Ganesh.R

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple users send agreements for signature with clients they are working with but these documents are only visible to that user's login. The Admin should have the ability to view all documents in the user accounts or store them centrally. It is an extremely manual process to back these files up for our company records and the main reason we are looking to move to another e-signature tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new workflow for digital signing of documents looks quite pretty, but before the update i could draw the box, hit "enter" twice, press left arrow, hit enter again and Alt+F4 out, then the document has been signed. Now i could not confirm the certificate, I want to use for signing, with the "enter" key and I cant confirm the appearance of the signature with the "enter" key. So please make confirmation with "enter" possible again, this will hugely increase my workflow, since the whole process is already annoying enough if you have to sign a lot of documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please just let us merge PDFs, that is not worth 20$/month if that is all we do with it, once in a while! (I don't own a mac and cant use preview)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently Adobe only supports SP initiated SSO authentication. We would like our users to be able to go directly from IDP initiated. This is a basic feature of most IDP services and would be great to have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?