Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10708 results found

1. I use Adobe Scan (Pro) for iOS for scanning hundreds of archival documents for research. The scans are saved to Adobe Document Cloud by default, no other storage loation is possible. However, I need offline access to the files from several devices, whereby Adobe Online is an unacceptable option (as the name suggests). Instead, I would want to save all scans to my Dropbox automatically, which is a built-in feature in many other scanning apps (e.g., Abbyy FineScanner). Adobe, on the other hand, makes transferring scans to Dropbox infuriatingly cumbersome.

Currently, there is no other way than a) to share…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I go to [All Tools -> Organize Pages -> Split, it displays a pop-up to enter how to split it. I generally need to use the "Number of Pages" option with it being every "1" page. When I type the # 1 with the key on top of my keyboard, all is well. However, when I type the # 1 with my number pad, the letter "a" displays instead of a 1. The same applies for 2, 3, 4, etc.. It will display b, c, d, respectively. It's not a deal breaker, but it doesn't seem to work as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hallo! I have an issued when digitally signing PDF documents. I use an external certificate (issued by Aruba) and, from a couple of weeks, it happens that, from time to time, the signed PDF reports have dimensions about 2MB bigger than the original PDF file. My impression is that happens when I also get the attached windows appearing. May you help me?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great if the "Request e-signatures" feature worked. Not really a new idea, but a good one nonetheless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The opacity setting for highlighting seems to apply to universally across all colors. I think a better approach would be to allow a different opacity setting for each color.

In my experience, there is no single opacity setting that provides decent readability for black on white text where the color of the highlighter is important. As a result, workflow suffers when having to adjust opacities after switching among colors, something that happens frequently when commenting my documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. QuickBooks is a versatile bookkeeping and accounting software that helps small and mid-sized business owners do multi-tasking in a seamless manner. With the help of this robust software, business owners can perform most of the complex tasks, such as tracking expenses, managing cash flow, creating invoices, preparing for taxes, etc., with ease. Over the years, several features have been introduced in the software which will assist you in performing your accounting tasks easily without having to face any difficulty.

Read more: https://bit.ly/3W2nNkC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I mark up, comment, to 50 student scripts in a day. For every file I load, I have to click 3 buttons.
    How can I set up Reader so every time I open a file, all those buttons are already clicked?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There's no Undo or Redo in Fill & Sign, which is absolutely insane. I was filling out a very long form PDF and somehow a piece of text got deleted, and there is NO WAY TO UNDO THAT. Are you kidding?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit Image -> Edit Using -> Open With...
    The external image editing software I had was installed to a different drive than the C drive. Even though I pointed Adobe to where the EXE was, Adobe just gave an error that it was unable to open the image in the external application. I uninstalled my image editing app, re-installed to the C drive, pointed Adobe to the new path and the image editing app launched and opened the image.

Adobe should not require the external app to be installed to the C drive in order to function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Knowing what is required of an assignment is the first step in writing one. You will be able to easily identify what you must write about in your assignment.
    Once you've finished your brainstorming, gathered your materials, and selected a framework, you may begin writing your project. To get a sense of where your work is going, it's a good idea to start with the conclusion.
    Read the work multiple times to ensure that you haven't committed any unintended spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes that need to be corrected. You can use Assignment Help Dubai (http://assignmenthelpdubai.ae/) to proofread…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is a need to invert colors in a PDF file and that is widely searched and requested on the web. Please don't refer me to the feature that already exist in accessibility tab. You well know that its immature and doesn't work with files with images and line arts. Also why there is inconsistency in your products? On android this feature exist but not on Windows. Is it really that hard that over the years we still don't have a proper color inversion?!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Windows 11, the side toolbar placement is right on top of the document being viewed, obscuring the content (screenshot attached). There is no option to drag and drop it somewhere else. This was not an issue in Windows 10.

Moreover, the toolbars allow for customization, but there is no option to set those customizations as the default, so every time the app gets launched for a new sessions, I have to reset my desired customizations again. This wasn't an issue in Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 there is a big blue "Share" button that is appearing at the top of all the PDF documents in my patients' charts in our EMR.

I don't think I need to elaborate about how abhorrent it is to see a big bright "Share" button on top of protected Personal Health Information.

I can customize the toolbar to hide this button in Acrobat itself, but not in the embedded browser of our EMR.

HOW CAN THIS BE TURNED OFF?? I need this fixed immediately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Just like all the other fields, we should be able to add conditions to a hyperlink. Why is this field treated so differently?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug Report:

I am distributing pdf files on USB drives that are locked for read only at the hardware level. Until about 6 months ago, I was able to do this with PDF files. Now, when I try to open a pdf file on a locked drive, I get an error that the file is corrupted. I can unlock the drive and then the file can be viewed without issue in Reader or Acrobat. I see this bug using two different manufacturers USB drives. It also reproduces using pdf/a files rather than standard pdf files. Marking the pdf file as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have activated Forticlient and usually this sufficient to activate ADOBE. Why is this not recognized - in a streamlined fashion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please make an option for a handwritten/image signature to be mandatory in order for the client to sign.

(Our clients with special needs really struggle to find the fountain pen to do a handwritten signature. So they only type their name (default setting), and the funding body doesn't pay us.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I open a PDF from my PC, add some comments and click File -> Save, or Ctrl + S, Adobe Reader requires me to choose a save location as if I chose the "Save as" option, instead of just overwriting the original file. It doesn't always do this; I don't know why it does or doesn't. I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 build 19045.2846.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ¿Porque NO PUEDO abrir mi documento Work.pdf en su programa de desktop Acrobat Reader? Pero lo puedo abrir la version online. Parece que hay un defecto. Puedo abrir ese documento en Edge, Chrome, Wondershare PDFelement y otros.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I recommend a feature that allows the user to rotate a page by any number of degrees (NOT just 90 degrees). This is a common feature in other applications like file explorer and many third party apps. After scanning a document, some pages are skewed. After applying Scan and OCR, and Edit PDF, both of which align pages by text, I still have a page or two that are a few degrees off. I just spent an hour with your chat trying to fix this in one of my files but we discovered acrobat pro does not have this feature.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?