Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11480 results found

1. When exporting to excel, there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH wrong formatting specifically with merging cells or entering an entire page from the pdf file into cells A1 - A5 that are merged and centered with text wrapped.

Can the pdf exporter to excel actually work so if I have a pdf file with a report that is a table 10 columns by 20 rows actually go into excel the same way and not end up being 15 columns and 8 rows due to all the excel cells merging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add Look Up Option to open the alternate doctionary. As i am reading the germany PDF & i need to check the meaning in english

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have this issue with Acrobat Reader 2017. I am trying to sort through a bunch of pdf files and place them in the proper folders. I've come across this bug. If I recently open a pdf in Reader and close it in Reader, I cannot move or delete the file until ALL of the pdfs in reader are closed for a while.

So, basically, I've closed the file I want to move and have removed it from the Recent files, but I still cannot move the file until I completely close the Reader.

How do I fix this? I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need to have a comments resolution made from the shared review comments. The comments should be organized into a discussion list so that the host is able to respond to the comments and the reviewers to reply on it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Combine Files option operation does not operate logically. If you open one document and want to add another PDF, click the ADD button, select the other PDF, and click on Combine, all you get is the second selected document! So the Add button does not work logically or properly.

Please make the button work as expected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow this startup screen to be turned off.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When scrolling in Acrobat Pro the page numbers only update when I press the zoom in button. This bug has existed since 2018. Please help me. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Every week my team members print approximately a 280-page pdf of medical billing. Next, each member prints 280 pages and combs through the pdf for certain billing codes they have been assigned to enter. My hope is that with Acrobat DC there is an automated or even just a quick way to sort the 280-page pdf for specific criteria (number or word) and then export to a new, much smaller pdf that only contained the data members sort by.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Every week my team members print approximately a 280-page pdf of medical billing. Next, each member prints 280 pages and combs through the pdf for certain billing codes they have been assigned to enter. My hope is that with Acrobat DC there is an automated or even just a quick way to sort the 280-page pdf for specific criteria (number or word) and then export to a new, much smaller pdf that only contained the data members sort by.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recreate Bug:

Open document
    Open Comment Tools
    Display Comment Window
    Highlight text to replace
    Create comment by highlighting text and typing.

Bug: The first character will be shown in the popup bubble and the comment window, but the rest will not be shown until the mouse is clicked away from the comment, completing the comment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My computer system is MacOS 10.14.4, Acrobat version is DC (2019.020.20099). After adding fonts to macOS FontBook, the Acrobat DC “save as PDF” interface has been scrambled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. Can you please provide some more details :

1. What font did you add via macOS font book?
    2. Do you see this scrambled interface only on save dialog? Can you please go to Home / My computer/ Document Cloud/ Add an Account section on the left hand rail and let us know if you observe the same issue on these screens.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

12. Simple edits like adding a comma or capitalizing a letter randomly made every word with f in it become f unky. (speci f ication, prof itabiltiy.)

Then there's the issue of matching the font: if an editor could copy/paste an existing word or letter to make an edit that ensure the match.

Too bad. Indie authors/publishers need a reliable editing tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pls provide us with the ability to Print to Adobe and append to rather then overwrite an existing file. Append to front or back of file instead of having to save each file and then open them all in adobe and merge them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ever since getting Adobe Acrobat DC Pro (version 2019.010.20100) on a new Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise client , any time I open a PDF to do anything (edit, PDF, Organize Pages, or just leave the PDF open without selecting any tool), I have about 45 seconds before Acrobat locks up and is unresponsive. Every time I have to close the program. I have to go to another workstation running Windows 7 Professional SP1 and use Acrobat Pro 2015.006.30456, which runs flawlessly. Do I have to make a request to roll my machine back to Windows 7 in order to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I sometimes need to selectively edit a portion of a pdf, but when I click on Edit PDF, the OCR process messes up the format, or changes fonts to the point that it would be virtually impossible to recreate the "messed up" portion of the PDF. I realize that this is very likely due to the fact that the document was not originally created in Acrobat, but was probably scanned or converted from a document created from, say, MS Word, or similar program. But, as a former programmer, I think that it would be possible ... i.e., to selectively choose…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When is PDF Maker going to be available for Autocad 2017 and higher?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to be able to search the preferences. ALL the Adobe products have over 20 organized "tabs" to find the settings you are looking for, but it still makes it too hard to find the settings you are looking for. You need to update this to be more like current software with a way to search for the settings, like Google Chrome or Vivaldi browsers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Something is preventing Acrobat from converting PDFs to image files such as jpeg, png, tiff. Never had this problem before.

Whether I do "export" or "save as' there is no file created

Mine in 9.5.5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Running fresh install of desktop Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I frequently have multiple large (100+ page) documents open while working with other applications (Office suite, browser). When I navigate to a pdf I need to reference the document has gone blank even though pages are still there. Sometimes, an error message reads "There was a problem reading this document (109)." sometimes the error message says there is insufficient memory (my system has 8.0 gigs of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?