Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

584 results found

1. Please add the ability to disable creating a shortcut to the desktop when installing on Windows.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How can we tell Acrobat to automatically sign the user in? Right now, when the user opens Acrobat the first time, they're asked to sign in, click "sign in with an enterprise ID", type their email address, etc. before they can actually use the SSO piece.

Our users log on to their PCs with the same identity the federated ID will use. Is there a registry key or deployment option we can set that will attempt to sign in with the logged in user's identity? We're trying to make this as seamless as possible for our users.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I know how to access my invoices but it is a hassle, time consuming and easy to forget.

Please send me my invoices by email automatically.

I shouldn't have to log into my creative cloud account, find my latest invoice and click an email me button. Creative Cloud should send me my invoice automatically.

Adobe is able to send me tips, marketing information and other rubbish automatically but the one thing I want, it can't do.

The people reviewing these messages seem to think it is smart to ignore requests by many hundreds of people or even to merge it…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As Adobe System Admin for my large enterprise, I very much need the ability to run a report on demand from the Admin Console that'll identify which users are utilizing which Adobe licenses to include their last usage date. This should be quite possible given Named User licenses (Federated ID) must check in to Adobe constantly and so Adobe already tracks user interaction with licensed apps. This would very much benefit my enterprise as I will remove users who are not utilizing the products after a period of time. Reference Case ID E-000007273.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. having this checked as a default setting is offensive to clients and vector artists...lets be professional and turn this off as the DEFAULT in the next upgrade for Adobe Acrobat Pro....it has been this way to long.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My Acrobat DC is randomly crashing and I don't know why. I have unistalled and reinstalled it twice. I have done EVERYTHING on your webpage about fixing crashes. Nothing helps.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
    Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
    The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When trying to start the newest version of Adobe Acrobat 2017 for Mac OS on Catalina after logging in with the Adobe ID the Adobe Licensing Application hangs. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-licensing-application-hangs-after-login-on-mac-os-10-15-catalina/td-p/10752118
    The software is unusable.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have already reported the fact that, when installing or updating Adobe Acrobat (which happens rather often), the program icon in the Windows menu is incorrect. I know how to bypass the problem by creating manually the good icon, but each time Acrobat is updated, this bad icon reappears (see screenshot).

This is a VERY long lasting bug. So please, fix it!!!

Thank you

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Could you please try the following steps and let us know if the issue is resolved:

• Delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and from the taskbar.
    • Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you’ll find the " Adobe Acrobat DC " with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it and close the window.
    • Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat and find Acrobat.exe
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
    • Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu… and close the window
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe – shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
    • Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs… and Paste the…

10. I just installed Acrobat Pro DC and the it keeps shutting down after running only 10-20 seconds. I can occasionally open a file quickly enough, but after opening file, Pro DC then shuts down. Went through Adobe troubleshooting (checked updates, Distiller, repair installation), but problem persists. Note that I did NOT set Pro DC as my default program for PDF files. My original Acrobat Pro XI is running fine.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be helpful to determine how best the User from our Enterprise ID Plan uses Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application if a report that could be generated to brief the usage statistics for a period of past 60-90 days.

It would also be helpful for us to MANAGE/RE-ALLOCATE the license to a CORE USER instead of Poor Usage User

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be helpful to determine how best the User from our Enterprise ID Plan uses Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application if a report that could be generated to brief the usage statistics for a period of past 60-90 days.

It would also be helpful for us to MANAGE/RE-ALLOCATE the license to a CORE USER instead of Poor Usage User

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When using large files, like the attached one, Acrobat crashes when it reaches a memory usage of more than aprox. 3.500 MB in Windows Task Manager.
    I could reproduce the issue, just by opening the page miniatures and a little scolling. It happens on different computers with 8 or 16GB RAM installed and with different Acrobat versions (DC Standard, DC Pro, XI Standard)
    The reason for the memory usage are probably the pictures in these files.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting the crash. We are able to reproduce it with your files. We will work on a fix soon. Will let you know once available.

-amboo

14. Allow us to automate the sign in process when using Federated IDs by either implementing a reg key to default to enterprise ID and grab their AD email or something else.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Basically, make it easier to use Surface Pens and digital stylus with Acrobat Pro. Look at Drawboard PDF, a $10 purchase with lifetime updates. It is 100x more feature-rich for using pen input/stylus input. Please add this into Acrobat so I don't have to switch between PDF programs constantly. Also, for goodness sake, fix the Erase feature. It literally takes a scrubbing to get rid of a stray line while using a pen in Acrobat. Make it like every other program in the world -- when I erase one part of a pen stroke, the whole pen stroke gets erased.…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This request is being submitted at the suggestion of Adobe Support which was unable to provide effective support for Case Nº 0189220198. Of the 252 applications currently installed on our macOS Sierra system, only Acrobat Pro XI cannot be reinstalled or upgraded because the storage volumes are formatted as case-sensitive. The previously case-insensitive system volume on which Acrobat Pro XI version 11.0.20 had previously been installed was converted to a case-sensitive format. This was done by imaging the volume as a DMG file using Disk Utility, and then after reformatting as case-sensitive, the volume was restored using the ditto command…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi Michael

Thanks for your lucid explanation. This is already planned and very soon the issue would be resolved.

Thanks

17. Need a user last use or logged in report. Allow admin to revoke license or cancel accounts that are not used for an extended time.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes people have two seperate adobe accounts on one computer. One for work and one personal account. we need to be able to quickly switch between accounts or be able to be signed in with different accounts on different adobe programs,

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. (Not Responding) - Too common now. Miss the old days before the latest round of updates. Fast load. Now have to wait about a minute before working on a document while ? happens and ties up resources. Thanks

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we please have the ability to view the usage history of Acrobat Pro by users? It would help in determining licensing management.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?