Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10831 results found

1. My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes when I export a PDF to JPEG. I'm on version 20.006.20042.Windows 10.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a docx is saved as a PDF (by Microsoft Word 2019 MSO (16.0.12624.20348) 64bit) and form-fields are added in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.006.20042, and the resulting PDF with formfields is then filled out and saved using Preview.app 2020.006.20042 on a Mac, the resulting PDF hides the filled out content of form-fields. Clicking into the filled form field reveals the contents. The PDF renders fine in other PDF viewer implementations.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create an empty word document and save it as a PDF.
    2. Open the PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and add a form field…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I sometimes need to generate a share link to numerous participants to a PDF for commenting without but would like participants to feel free to annotate safe in the knowledge that their annotations are private and won't be visible to other recipients of the link.

Would be great to have another little toggle appear after you've said you want commenting that you want to have the comments visible to everyone | only the document owner.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Major Issues with dropdown functionality when sending for signature.

To understand what I mean, certain features that work for text fields don't work for Dropdowns.

Example 1. - When using the Fill & Sign, send for signatures function text fields allow for blank unrequired fields to be sent for signature. Dropdowns do not. You must apply a value for dropdown to not have errors and the value cannot be a simple space.

Example 2 - When using the Fill & Sign, send for signatures function text field values that are pre-filled for customers are accepted and not editable (unless specifically…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Trying to combine 12 files into one single PDF. Multiple files have form fields that are similar. Adobe will not combine the files individually and forces me to create a portfolio. When I send the portfolio doc out it cannot be read. What a waste of time. Why can't we combine similar fillable forms with different data into one single document. MAKES NO SENSE.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please switch off "Please wait while the document is being prepared" displayed each time I open a document. This feature is necessary only for selected users and hampers very much typical program use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since the issue is resolved for you, I believe we can close on this now. Also, we would try to improve the experience for you on your suggestions in the coming future.
    Please feel free to contact us in case of any issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

7. Hello, can you maybe integrate a way of saving pdf-sessions (multiple tabs saving and storaging at a place, f.e. work, study-subject 1, 2, etc.)

always have to open up 4-5 tabs in different pathways, it's time intensive!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It has taken me an hour to get clear information on the options for purchasing Acrobat. I couldn't find any information on how to buy the 'perpetual licence' or what this entailed - nor what the differences are between the subscription and one-time purchase. I had to ask all these questions through an incredibly inefficient online chat. This information should be freely available and transparent for customers - companies generally do this so that customers don't waste hours and end up feeling vaguely conned before they have even bought anything. Apart from that issue, I suggest a subscription service that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WHEN SIGNED FILES ARE SEARCH UNDER MANAGE WE ARE UNABLE TO FIND THEM. WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO FIND THEM MANUALLY WITH THE DATE IF SIGNATURE

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To have the similar printing capabilities in other platforms. I often work with large size drawings. I print snipets using an 8.5x11 printer. When I get to the outer margin of the page (left-side mostly) I can't print using CURRENT VIEW at ACTUAL SIZE. This is very frustrating. I have to take a 15-step work around setting print box pages/cropping to get what I need. Only then to try and remember not to SAVE the file and the cropped view.

In AutoCad for example, I can pick my "plot" area using a window box (see files). This gives me the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some documents don't use conventional page numbering, especially multi-language instruction manuals. Acrobat DC gives an "Invalid page range" error when trying to delete a range of pages. You should be able to delete pages no mater how the creator numbers them. You have to do a work-around by holding the Ctrl key and highlighting every other page, then you can delete multiple pages. This is time-consuming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When dragging a set of folders/files from one explorer window to another, Explorer crashes. The event viewer entry indicates the faulting module to be PDFShell64.dll. This occurs randomly on Windows 10. Acrobat version is 20.006.20034

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xc3041aa6
    Faulting module name: PDFShell64.dll, version: 20.6.20034.39303, time stamp: 0x5e39c602
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000001e31c
    Faulting process id: 0x6164
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f626a4f2c558
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\PDFShell64.dll
    Report Id: cf7f8efc-c2ce-4a3b-a242-265b90447045
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When we add a COMMENT there is a DATE attached. If we go back to the comment and have to make follow up notes, the DATE changes. It should NOT change. We need to see ORIGINAL comment dates. We need the option to keep the ORIGINAL comment date and make follow up comments inside the original without changing the DATE

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add functionality so that a user can schedule reminders for an Adobe Sign agreement from within Acrobat DC. Right now, you can only send a 1-time reminder from Acrobat, you need to log in online to add a scheduled reminder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would be great if more customization would allow user to choose to see only the tools they would like to see. Way too many tools on tool bar that are not used. The unused ones take up space that I would prefer to have the tools i use often occupy. Results in multiple unnecessary clicks to access the tools I do use. I have customized the quick tool bar but when reviewing a document in portrait mode only 2 of those are displayed - and can only access the others with additional clicks. Meanwhile many are displayed that I have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allowing signers to download and save their signed version of the document allows for various versions of the document to be floating around and if the content includes sensitive information, the ability to use adobe sign is severely limited since the ability to download and save the document is a major security concern.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We do the compare output with Acrobat DC latest Release with Acrobat 7. and our comparision finding are listed in the spread sheet "Compare report case study_V1".

we find 4 major issues. in Acrobat DC when compare to 7

Bug Report

If First character roman and rest of the character was set in bold it not shows in Acrobat DC

Soft hypen changes does not show in compare report

Paragraphs Ist line indentation not shown in DC

If there is 1 line space before the paragraph in this scenario

Please refer the spread sheet and pdf attached

Thanks
    Ganesh.R

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello Adobe/Acrobat Team,

Please add an option to save guides when saving PDFs. Having to reset guides each time I open a document is frustrating.

Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fields become "ghost fields"; they still show up in the sidebar on the right and you can still open their properties. However, you cannot select the form field and type text in it. You also can't change the properties, like name and tooltip fields; when you try to, and click away from the field you just changed, they revert back with no notification. This happens every time I open this file in a different application, such as an Accessibility plug-in called CommonLook, and has happened with other files too. Fixing tags in the plug-in causes forms to break in Acrobat,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.3
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Release: 2017.011.30158