Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Converting emails with attachments

Despite numerous Admins saying this matter has been resolved, it has NOT. We need to be able to convert .msg files and, rather than embed* the attachment, it needs to convert the attachment too (if not already a PDF) and place the attachment BEHIND the email. Email + attachment in one PDF, NOT embedded. Please address this, as it is a VERY important feature for law firms.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Font for Adding Text to PDF's

I have wasted hours upon hours of time changing my font from minion pro to arial every time I edit/add text to a new PDF, and even when I switch pages within one PDF. It should be the most basic tool offered, the ability to set a default font for all Adobe PDFs. If this does not exist yet, IT NEEDS TO, please!!!!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize Comment Pane

The comments pane takes up WAY too much space. I would like the ability to customize what I see there.

Currently in the Comments pane, it display the:

-Author Name
    -Type of Comment
    -Text within the pop-up note
    -Date and Time

Sometimes all of this information is useful, but most of the time, I don't need to see all that! It is a waste of screen space. I would like the ability to show to only those options which I need. In this case, I just want to see what is in the pop-up note, nothing more.

We can customize…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop text boxes from combining

PLEASE fix so text boxes stop combining. I KNOW Acrobat is not an "editiing" app but I have to make contact sheets from multiple products and sources from Adobe Bridge. Then the client needs a couple changes, or we need to update an area on the contact sheet ONLY. Constantly have to fight to redo text. Not editable in other apps - Illustrator can only open one page at a time. Can't edit PDF in Indesign. Can't edit in Word. These are NATIVE pdf's from Bridge. Thank you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Black Menu Font

Please consider returning the menu option's drop down menus to black letters. The current very thin grey font, while fashionable, does look very similar to the well established 'grey = unavailable' menu entries. Especially on LCD laptop screens who's hues & tone are affected by screen tilt. Thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  15 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlighting

It would be great to have multiple colors or options so you can highlight different topics and organize your note making.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Clear Form

The option to clear all the fields on a form has been removed. I have a form that I re-use for various jobs, and now I must manually clear all of the fields in the form in order to fill it out afresh. The deletion of this feature irritates me mightily.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We would like to know, how were you using “clear all fields” option? Was it a button or a menu item?

Refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#actions_tab_for_form_field_properties

Reader cannot “Edit/Modify” PDF and hence “Reset Form” is not available in Reader. As long as you didn’t save the form (as you mentioned), you can use the following command in Acrobat Reader: File > Revert.

“Clear Form/Reset Form” can only be added via Acrobat. You can ask the author of the form to add a button using Form Fields Properties > Actions > Reset Forms.
    And, if you are the author, you can clear it from Tools > Prepare Forms > More Options > Clear Form.

I hope this resolves your issue. If not, please share details for more information.

8. crop

Ctrl Alt T back please (cropping one page or all pages)

I'm not sure why you took it out, or why you hid it, but I would really like it back! I use it monthly if not weekly for work and it is WAY easier than the new version. Maybe you thought we didn't use it, but we do :-)

I have Acrobat 11, the full version. Please bring it back.

thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove just one header/footer and not others/remove all headers/footers

It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: optimizing file changes page labels

Over the past several months, we have been having issues with page labeling. We combine single pdf's to one file, change the page labels as needed with new name, save, and when we optimize the file the page labeling changes. So, if I have pages 1-25, page 26 new page label (ie insert1), then the next page shows up as page 26 and not 27 as it was in file before we optimized. We also change pages in the back for Covers, ie C3 and C4. When the file optimizes, the page number switches C4 with C3 and C4 to…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Insufficient data for an image

I open all PDF files just fine. After anywhere from 20 mins to an a couple hours I will receive an error "Insufficient data for an image" and the document goes blank - all pages are white. If I have multiple PDFs open the same thing happens to other files, though may get different error such as "There was an error while reading a stream." but all pages similarly go blank. Have to close all and reopen. Files may or may not have comments in them. Seems to happen to any and all files.

Running Windows 10 Pro, 32 Gb…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Acrobat Comments is now a mess

There used to be lines in between each comment that help you see where one comment ended and the next one started. The new comments panel design is a mess that makes it hard to distinguish which comment is checked and which is not everything just flows together in one long indistinguishable mess. And for God’s sake bring back the old method of checking off a comment.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Acrobat OCR

When modifying a scanned document, Acrobat automatically launches an OCR process, which is indeed very useful. But, as I work either in French or in English, very often the language is not appropriate and it is only AFTER this process that the language is displayed. In the case of a bad language choice, I have to change the language and Acrobat restarts the OCR process with the correct language. So, I would like to suggest to add (perhaps as an option to be set in the preference dialog box) BEFORE the start of the OCR process the display of a…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add 'Send and Track' tool back to the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro application.

In the most recent update to Adobe Acrobat, you removed Share & Track tool. I realize this tool has been changed to 'Share' and the original Send and Track is still available via browser. Even so, having Send & Track within the application tools is much more convenient.

Why don't I use the new 'Share' tool? Unfortunately the Share feature does not allow us to send a protected document. It is also very clunky to format a message longer than 5 words with custom subject line.

Bring back Send and Track in the UI please.

Thanks!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Accessibility Requests!!!

Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
    1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Home/Tools/Document Tabs are intrusive and annoying

It's pointless to customize and 'show' tool icons in the toolbar, because those tools that I want and use are hidden under the 3 dots. And that happens because Home, Tools, Document, and My Account is stuck permanently and uselessly in the toolbar.

I have set the program to open multiple files in separate windows, so I don't need the Document tab. The Tools sidebar can be opened by clicking in the margin at the edge of the window, so I don't need that. And if users need to open and close files within the program (can't understand why), then…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export highlights and comments

Export highlights and comments - after highlighting and commenting on a .pdf file I should be able easily export those highlights and comments as a kind of highlight reel.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. signing in

How do I fix the signing in issue. I've signed in about 5 times now, and it's still not signing me in. This is so frustrating and a complete waste of 10 min waiting to be able to sign a form.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I humbly request that you do away with "you can't sign this document because it's already been signed"

So i click on "remove restrictions on this document" and then it asks for a password. Me no HAVE a password, WHAT password? wtf are you talking about? WHERE do i find this golden password that i've never created? wtf am I paying for this for

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. combine word files in PDF in Acrobat DC

It doesn't work at all! PDF maker is not cooperating with Microsoft Office.It worked though in older version of Acrobat

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base