Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. Hanging/crashing on saveas.

Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. It is Hanging/Crashing on SaveAs and during editing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC constantly looses page content on open documents, requiring me to close the document.

pdf documents not opening properly, with blank pages. It is worse if I try and scroll through the article soon after opening it. It will also loose text from the after a time not reading the document. This may be after the computer has been put to 'sleep' for a period (even a few minutes). It reports the error message 'Insufficient data for an image.' The new version is MUCH worse that previous versions. Please sort it out Adobe.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug with home screen

Unchecked checkbox "Show home screen when all documents are closed" does not work. The home screen still opens.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Home/Tools/Document Tabs are intrusive and annoying

It's pointless to customize and 'show' tool icons in the toolbar, because those tools that I want and use are hidden under the 3 dots. And that happens because Home, Tools, Document, and My Account is stuck permanently and uselessly in the toolbar.

I have set the program to open multiple files in separate windows, so I don't need the Document tab. The Tools sidebar can be opened by clicking in the margin at the edge of the window, so I don't need that. And if users need to open and close files within the program (can't understand why), then…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Table of Contents

I would like to be able to generate a table of contents using bookmarks within a PDF. While there are some third party plugins that will do this, it would be helpful to have this feature within Acrobat.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This product will not operate a printer.

This product will not operate a printer. There needs to be a print option that works.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  rite responded

Hi,

You can use this email address to send the PDF file: rite@adobe.com

Also If you could, please also attach the snapshots of printed documents with contains “codes at the top or bottom”.

Have you tried a different printer?

Regards,
    Ritesh

8. setting to open sidebar with comments by default

Please create a preferences setting so that the commenting sidebar opens by default when opening a document. That's what I use 99% of the time, and it's irritating to have to open that up every single time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I humbly request that you do away with "you can't sign this document because it's already been signed"

So i click on "remove restrictions on this document" and then it asks for a password. Me no HAVE a password, WHAT password? wtf are you talking about? WHERE do i find this golden password that i've never created? wtf am I paying for this for

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Printing Bookmarks

Please create an option to print bookmarks either separately or together with the PDF.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe Acrobat Pro bug

When opening a pdf file on Adobe Acrobat Pro (and some other times, just after launching Adobe Acrobat Pro), the app occasionally stops working and the cursor turns to spinning rainbow for a few minutes. Sometimes (after a long while) the app resumes its functions, other times it does not and I'm forced to force-quit the application and re-launch it.

1. Launch Adobe Acrobat Pro / Open a pdf file on Acrobat Pro

2. Mac Pro (Late 2013) (OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6)

3. Proper Function

4. Application crashes and / or freezes

Here is the report I'm getting when I force-quit the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Acrobat Comments is now a mess

There used to be lines in between each comment that help you see where one comment ended and the next one started. The new comments panel design is a mess that makes it hard to distinguish which comment is checked and which is not everything just flows together in one long indistinguishable mess. And for God’s sake bring back the old method of checking off a comment.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Highlight color

I need to change highlight colors based on the different significance of the text, but I need to select different colors from the properties menu. It really takes a lot a time, can you make a button to change colors more efficiently on the viewing page?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accessibility Requests!!!

Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
    1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC

1. Brief Title

Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC (previous operation Number ADB-3207012-T1M7) German Language Problem?

1. Steps to reproduce the issue

Export a text document with german words that contain german umlauts (äöü), e.G.: "für, können, öfter, mögen" as a PDF without tags from InDesign or Word
    Open the file in Acrobat DC
    Go to "Tags" and open the little menu and choose "Add Tags to Document"
    After the Structure Tree was created — save and close
    when you open the document again in Acrobat DC and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  9 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More useful Admin Console

Will Adobe be giving more access to this type of information from the Console. The new console is useless - it does not have any value. The main things people need to do is reassign license, resend invitation, and check usage.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export highlights and comments

Export highlights and comments - after highlighting and commenting on a .pdf file I should be able easily export those highlights and comments as a kind of highlight reel.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My Adobe Acrobat XI Pro opens then crashes!!

My Adobe Acrobat XI Pro opens then crashes!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. signing in

How do I fix the signing in issue. I've signed in about 5 times now, and it's still not signing me in. This is so frustrating and a complete waste of 10 min waiting to be able to sign a form.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Comment popup text very difficult to Select and Copy to clipboard

Open an existing comment bubble popup that has text in it. Select (highlight) the text. Now just move the mouse cursor slightly outside of the comment popup boundary. The text you highlighted becomes unhighlighted! I can’t even express how maddeningly frustrating this is. We have hundreds of edits a day that we need to copy the comment text out of Acrobat.

We are CONSTANTLY selecting the text, hitting COMMAND+C, switching over to a different program to paste, only to realize that either nothing gets pasted in or the text from the previous edit is still on the clipboard. I finally…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base