Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

584 results found

1. I've got a new Mac and Acrobat takes a long time to start up compared to other apps. It often has me using Apple Preview. Any way to make the whole thing lighter?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We are actively working on improving the performance and launch time for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader and we take your feedback. I would also like to know from you whether you see the longer launch times when you open application first time after system reboot (called cold launch) , or when you subsequently quit and open application (warm launch). You should see warm launches should not take a whole lot of time.

Thanks,
    Karan

2. Your software has always been terrible, no surprise there. But today I opened the garbage referred to as Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I encountered something conflicting. It seems as if Acrobat has decided I no longer have a subscription and can't edit pdfs. Clicking on my name in the corner sends me to a web page clearly showing my subscription to Acrobat Pro DC.
    At first glance I thought this was a bug, and it probably is. But on further consideration I think this might actually be a feature. See in the past Acrobat Pro performed as expected. Start…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Windows 10, Acrobat DC's taskbar and start menu shortcut icons randomly switch to using the Photoshop icon. Acrobat DC is the only program that exhibits this problem. The only cure is to follow one of the methods shown in this 2013 forum post: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113673. Please fix this bug, which still exists in 2017!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acrobat Pro DC for Mac OS still doesn't use the Mac's slick in-line dictionary look up feature. Please....may we have this feature?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. II am not able to install the initial test version. The error message is attached below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I just installed Acrobat Pro on my Mac Desktop and not my computer won't stop beeping. I have turned off every sound control I can find and the beeping continues. And it even beeps when Acrobat has been closed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am signed in to Creative Cloud. When I open Acrobat DC I have to sign in to my account there as well. Then I attempt to send and track and I get prompted to sign in AGAIN. It confirms I am signed in and then I try send and track again and it asks me to sign in AGAIN. I have a fully paid subscription to multiple apps. The software just makes me sign in over and over and over again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. AMS has 2, 500 Acrobat Pro DC (desktop only) licenses. Is it possible to know how many invited users have actually installed Adobe Pro DC on their machines? We know that a few of the invited users have downloaded & installed Adobe Pro DC. How many of the invited users need to download & install Adobe Pro DC?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do not know what your programmers did to the Adobe products in the 2018 version but all Acrobat and Illustrator keep doing is crashing my computer. I reinstalled 2017 Illustrator but there is not a rollback for Acrobat. Please tell your programmers that "Just because you can does not mean you should"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing, next time you see Acrobat crash, can you please save the crash logs and attach them here, it will help us to narrow down the issue.

10. Acrobat keeps closing for no reason and it is NOT autosaving my files.I already pay a subscription fee every month and you want ANOTHER $80 to help me. I didn't choose to close the program I didn't have a choice and charging $80 for something that is YOUR fault is daylight robbery

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the trouble, can you provide the Acrobat version you are using. Also does Acrobat quits with a crash? if yes kindly provide the crash logs.

11. Bug Report - The text in these API's are stunningly useless to me. Check these screenshots and send this issue to someone who knows how to fix it. I've been dealing with this problem, and have tried to get it resolved, since day 1 of my purchase of Adobe Pro XI. My other Adobe products have some of these same defects in the API's. These boxes are unreadable. No adjustment to screen display or resolution or in the program preferences makes a bit of difference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I just installed Acrobat Pro DC and the it keeps shutting down after running only 10-20 seconds. I can occasionally open a file quickly enough, but after opening file, Pro DC then shuts down. Went through Adobe troubleshooting (checked updates, Distiller, repair installation), but problem persists. Note that I did NOT set Pro DC as my default program for PDF files. My original Acrobat Pro XI is running fine.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This person needs some rest he is travelling and worked out poor guy promised to send a free trial but has no time to rest his rear .. Added to that he is so pre occupied that he forgot to tell me that the option of purchase for one month is not his beer ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC but it's still states that my trial has expired and I need to purchase. I have already gotten an email notification that the purchase was successful. But I still can't access

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a creative cloud subscription but all my apps changed to "start 7-day trial" or "buy now". Even a complete uninstall of all apps and creative cloud app followed by a fresh install did not solve the problem. Also my Adobe Acrobat X has been uninstalled without my approval.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro on basis of monthly payment. Today I receive a note: "You have seven days left...)".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When perusing a PDF file, using the Ctrl-F feature to search the file for a word or phrase causes the entire program to shut down completely. Started on new update yesterday for the PRO DC Version 17.012.20098 update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have been making monthly payment for Acrobat Pro DC since last April, but now it is telling me that my subscription have expired. My last payment was Sept 27th. I should not be getting this message, and I see no way to fix it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I don't understand the differences between Acrobat Pro, Acrobat DC and other (maybe?) similar products. I get confused over which features I have. I’m not even sure which license I have, because I used to have Acrobat X Pro, then I was upgraded to DC without knowing how or why or being given a choice or understanding what that meant. I’ve now had DC for quite a while, but when I logged into a different device, it wanted me to buy a license.

Please straighten all this out and explain it so we can all understand what we have and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?