Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11183 results found

1. It would be great if from within Adobe Document Cloud we could make copies of PDFs. Currently the workflow that was described to me from tech support was that I would have to download the PDF then upload another copy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make it work. Can you please hire some real product people who can spend some time rationalizing your horrible experience?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto OCR cannot be switched off, but is not always welcome nor even meaningful. Moreover, it takes a lot of time and/or many its to the 'cancel' button.
    Please, make it selectable preference - as it was before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've just noticed that in the Combine Files panel, the thumbnails of the files I pull in are squished out of proportion. The thumbnails of the finished file (after I click "Combine") are just fine though - no issues with those. But the squished thumbs are very strange.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Before sending our contracts to customers, we need to lock all fields so that customers cannot edit or select the fields; or flatten the PDF.=. The only fields that we want active for the customer are signature boxes. In order to do this, we currently have to open the PDF in Apple's Preview... then export the file AGAIN as a PDF. Then open again in Adobe as it will now be a flat PDF file. Then we have to send the file to the client and manually insert all of the signature fields where necessary.

This is a tremendous waste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Combine four separate actions - copy, highlight, open pop-up note, paste copied text into note - into one keystroke action. Or alter the 'Add Note to Text' option to include the selected text within the note as opposed to it just being a highlight. This way the highlighted portion will be included in comments summary reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need approved insurance and military's documents to Donnie Dewayne Jackson

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you make the interface more like File Explorer? Every time I log on, all I get are what look like randomly chosen files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to preview/test a online form/template without sending it to someone for signature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When converting a web page in Edge (usually an invoice from an on-line purchase to PDF), portions of the text are converted to total jibberish. Converting the same page using the built-in Microsoft PDF converter works correctly.
    Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.006.20034
    Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Build 18363.592

What else do you need to trouble shoot this?

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new "Fill and Sign experience" being tested is a total fail. The Sign Yourself button is completely unresponsive and my saved signatures and initials are no longer available. The test has rendered Adobe Pro unusable for e-signing documents myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Can you please provide us the following details :

1. Does this issue happens with all PDF files or some specific PDF file. If possible can you please share a sample PDF with us.
    2. Details of your OS.
    3. Does Application goes to Not responding when you click on the Sign yourself button? You can follow the steps at : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html to generate the dump files.
    4. Are you not able to create a new signature/initial from the sign yourself drop down?
    5. It will be great if you can share a screenshot/video demonstrating the issue.

Please feel free to write directly to me at sagrover@adobe.com

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

13. When I have a heading that can be duplicated but a list of names that are different I run into an issue. The names I populate on the first page will automatically appear on the second page. Then when I change the names on the second page it will change the names on the first.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I tried and observed that the issue is happening when you perform a Save As operation and not on a direct Save operation. Also the issue seems specific to this file.

You can try this workaround if it helps. In the meanwhile we are looking into this issue and will inform you once we have new updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

14. I am unable to sign into Adobe Acrobat DC. I receive a Captcha authentication failed, even though no captcha appeared before logging in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I work in several files which all get marked up in a standard format (red boxes with an red x stamp to note issues that need further review or actions to resolve). All the mark ups from all the documents need to be closed before my process is complete. It would be ideal if i could run a query across multiple documents (like a whole batch of folders) on all the comments made with the same criteria options currently available in a single .pdf comment filter and it be packaged in a comment summary file that has links to jump…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I allow Acrobat to auto generate fields Acrobat named each field by the closest text, which is not always, most of the time, the best way to approach things.

I suggest to allow renaming a group of selected items, if they are the same type. Now, when I select multiple fields, even if they are the same type, the field name and tool tip property fields are disabled.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Exporting to Word is USELESS as is. Here's a screenshot of the conversion. Added a page; reflow of text; fonts and styling are a wild guess at best; logo/branding unusable.

Why even have this feature if this is the result? USELESS a hundred times over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Users assigned Desktop Only versions of Acrobat can log into Adobe.com, but the installer download links go to Document Cloud, and they receive Access Denied errors. Please relocated the installers to an accessible location and update the links.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After latest update to Acrobat DC, dated 2/4/2020, users get the following error when shutting down or restarting their computer: "You don't have permission to shut down and restart this computer."

The problem seems to be isolated to shutting down/restarting via the start button. The computer can be shut down via command prompt, or red button on login screen.

If I disable the 3 Adobe services relating to license check and updates, then restart, the problem goes away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my new Windows 10 laptop. After installation I was looking for the familiar Adobe icon, and it was nowhere to be seen. The only icon that said "new" was the icon for One Photo Viewer. I hovered the pointer over it, and it identified the app as Adobe Reader! I clicked on it, sure enough it opened Adobe! What gives??? I restarted the computer, no change. How did Adobe install with another app's icon????

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?