Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10706 results found

1. At present it is only possible to split a PDF by top level bookmark; it would be great to have the option to choose the bookmark level (e.g., if there are nested bookmarks in a document). There are PDF editors around that do have this option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes it works and sometimes it only opens a few files from my previous session.

I suspect that you have to close Acrobat in a very specific way for this function to work properly. For example, if I close Acrobat while many files are open, and, after half of the files are already closed, a pop-up asks me if I want to save an unsaved file, 'Reopen PDFs from last session' will only open those files that were still open before saving the unsaved file. As such, all the files that were closed prior to the pop-up will not be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Editing is not really the correct word. For millions of users, we simply want to "mark up" a PDF by, say, underlining a sentence. That was dead easy with Adobe Pro XI. Now seemingly impossible with DC. Constantly get image processing error messages. No customized user toolbars, as with Pro. Basically DC has been over-thought. 99% of users want the basic functionality of Adobe Pro XI.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dark mode hidden in Accessibility is inconvenient. To get a proper dark mode, currently I think the only option is to go to

Edit menu > Preferences > Accessibility

And then you have to activate "Replace document colors".

This is inconvenient in case you need to quickly change switch off settings. Would be nice to have a quick button for this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When creating a document by clicking save as Adobe PDF in word, I am finding that it will randomly leave out sentences in the final product. It is very prevalent after photos and section headings. See the examples attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am using MacOS Big Sur 11.6 and Acrobat Acrobat version 2021.007.20099.

The attached "Ful Score" PDF is displayed properly on the screen by Acrobat, but Acrobat prints it badly. I also included two screenshots, a *.png of Acrobat's display of the PDF (which looks OK) and a pdf produced by scanning a physical printout of that same PDF printed by Acrobat, which shows that Acrobat prints the file really badly.

The PDF was produced by Sibelius. I might say Sibelius was at fault for producing a bad PDF (probably with layers, but I'm not sure of the internals), except…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the option to insert image on a pdf form directly from the camera. to allow Android/iOS Tablet and mobile users to fill pdf forms more efficiently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have to navigate to "View", "Page Display" and click on "Enable Scrolling" every time I open or reopen a document because Adobe Acrobat does not recall my previous navigation/view settings.

This is such a simple user experience feature I would have expected to be sorted out in one of the early versions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More template tools like an UNDO function, match the radio button sizes so we don't have to do that manually, a grid view and ruler!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a similar Agreement Filters view in the desktop version Adobe Acrobat. In the web version we are able to see/filter agreements based on current status (In progress, completed, etc) but it's not in the desktop version of the application.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With WORD (2016) and PDFMaker:

When creating PDF maker and asking it to convert the Document's Headings / Styles to Bookmarks; It does not include some characters in the bookmarks.

Characters such as Non-Breaking Hyphen. There may be others also.

[ Special characters are inserted into work using INSERT > SYMBOL > MORE SYMBOLS > SPECIAL CHARACTERS ]

Also the Case of text characters is taken from STYLE information, rather than from TYPED characters (I.e. from the FORMATTING, rather than the DATA). If for example the style specified all text in UPPERCASE. Then the bookmarks will be also in UPPERCASE..…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unfortunately, I cannot change the thickness of my added underlined or strike-through. The symbol for different thickness in the toolbar is greyed out.
    I also would appreciate two different symbols for underlining; one for straight lines, the other for squiggly lines.
    I used FoxitReader before and must say that the way to place comments seems to me better solved there. Maybe something similar could be added in Adobe Acrobat Reader?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tool buttons should also collapse the Tools Pane not just expand it. Thus, you can eliminate the "Close" button. It's more intuitive to expand and collapse from the same button. This behavior already happens with the Navigation Pane buttons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Date field not working in Polish Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat Pro 2020, Acrobat Pro DC and probably many others similar to those mentioned here. Calendar does not pop up after clicking on date field when Polish UI is set. When user interface language is set to English date field works properly. Even months names and week days names are translated in Polish.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is many ticket about save as problem.
    When you try to save as, you just get the blank sheet. The same thing occurs when you try to share file. I cannot take a capture because the blank sheet disappear when I open the snipping tool.
    This problem has been years but now it has been for months. To save the file I have to print pdf as a file by windows. This is not long term solutions because I lost the pdf preferences.

I have paid Adobe creative cloud, adobe acrobat DC and distiller DC. The program is up…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keeps saying my subscription is expired

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a PDF that conforms to the 1.6 pdf standard. The pdf contains 4 links that link to other pages within the same document. When the document is uploaded to Adobe Sign and sent for signature and re-downloaded, there are 2 problems with it:

1. The number of annotation links is doubled.
    2. The initial links are all broken.

I have attached a copy of the original document and the document after its uploaded to adobe sign and sent for signature.

Repro Steps:
    1. Open "Initial.pdf" and use the "request a signature" menu to send it to Adobe Sign.
    2. Send…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For Windows PC, please provide a General Preference Option to close/exit the Acrobat Pro DC program when closing the only open tab/document.

We open a document then review, save and close it. The program window remains open thus blocking the desktop and forcing us to exit the program manually. While that sounds like a minor inconvenience or inconsequential, in reality its very frustrating and time consuming. We consider it to be a Quality of Life issue that disrupts workflow processes and would like to see it resolved.

An option to "Minimize window on final document/tab exit and maximize window…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Every time I edit a document and then choose to "save as" I just get a blank screen. I have to shut down my entire system and turn back on and it sometimes works, sometimes not!! This is clearly a bug in your system looking at the amount of times it has been reported.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?