Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10665 results found

1. Roll back your update and don't make us use this awful, unintuitive, garbage new user interface. It is horrible, you have done an awful job of soliciting average user feedback.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Brief title: Adobe acrobat crashes on Mac os Big Sur
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Big Sur
    2. Try to do anything in Adobe acrobat (any version)

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
    Mac os big sur

Expected result
    Adobe should work

Observed result
    Adobe crashes with the following trace: (attached as trace.rtf)

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. it would be so nice and desirable to have persian (farsi) language in the OCR capability of adobe DC

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Top Toolbars can be turned on and off using F8 and F9, but how do I turn off the pop-up floating toolbar. I don't need two copies of the toolbar on screen

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. a way to PERMANENTLY keep comment toolbar open in adobe reader dc

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why it is impossible to have editing options as they were previously? Can a 'Classic view' be added for those of us older than 5?
    Everything in this new 'charms' based UI is fussy and time-consuming. I've been using Acrobat since its inception and now I'm having to relearn nearly everything. WHY?
    It wasn't broken, so the need to 'fix it' has created a frustrating experience.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm required to fill in a lot of forms with my signature and the date. And since the date always changes, I edit my signature image in PSD and then bring it in to Acrobat and make (or edit) a stamp. But in Acrobat the process of editing a stamp with a new image is grueling! ... 10 steps! (see attached).

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have been using Acrobat for many years, and have mainly rolled with the punches when it came to updates to the user interface. I am sorry, but with this latest update I can no longer sit idly by and suffer through it. If there is any way you could allow your users to continue using the old user interface, I would be eternally grateful. I am trying to be productive at work, and do not have the time to re-figure out how to do everything on a program I am very adept at using. Thank God I just finished…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Okay - so this morning, Acrobat decided to switch into "new acrobat" mode. Yay! Except for the fact that all of my documents open in new tabs in the same window now - which is terribly inconvenient for me. What's worse, is that the option to turn this off has been removed from Preferences. 30 minutes ago, I could go Edit->Preferences->General and clear the "Open documents as new tabs in the same window" option. Now, after it switch to "new acrobat" mode, this option is no longer available. So I switched back to "old acrobat". Boo!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be incredibly useful to be able to set keyboard shortcuts for the "Set Status: None, Accepted, Completed, Cancelled, and Rejected" commenting tools.

Set status, to me is an advanced feature used to enable more efficient workflows, adding keyboard shortcuts would add even more efficiency.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Where did the zoom tools go? They used to be visible in the main tool bar... I mean, I get there are other ways to zoom in and out of my pdf, but why remove such a common functionality? Please bring them back.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concerns.
    We have not removed the zoom tools from the main toolbar and those are already there.

I assume you might have undocked the Toolbar so you may be getting a black floating window over the document area which would be having the zoom tools.

I would request you to kindly Dock it back to the Main toolbar by clicking the rightmost icon from that floating window.

Also, if this is not the case i would request you to kindly do a right click on your main toolbar and select “Reset Toolbar” from the context menu. (This way your main toolbar will get back to the default state which would anyways be having the Zoom tools.

Let me know if this fixes your concern

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

12. Create shortcut on Home page to "Create PDF from Scan". A lot of users primarily use Acrobat to create pdfs from paper. It shouldn't take 4 mouse clicks to get this done. Also, there is now no way to use keyboard shortcuts to effect a scan. Alt-F-R-S is as far as one can go because the new blue Scan button does not have a keyboard shortcut.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new update seems to be SO SLOW and crashed on me twice.
    I was unable to figure out how to employ the delete-an-item function in "Edit" (by dragging over a section and clicking delete) in the new format and switched back to the previous format to be able to do this. Super annoyed.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One moment, I was using Acrobat to review and edit page proofs for a medical journal I handle and the next moment all my customization was gone! No toolbars, nothing I need to do my job. All gone! Additionally, the new layout is HUGE and unwieldy. I want to be able to sort through several PDFs to compare pages and revisions. Now, I have one page taking up the middle of my screen and this giant blank workspace all around it. Where did everything go? Why did Adobe completely change everything after years of a familiar, but ever updating application?…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Open documents in separate windows is gone from settings and all PDFs are opening in the same window in separate tabs.
    I need PDFs to open in separate windows.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When trying to start the newest version of Adobe Acrobat 2017 for Mac OS on Catalina after logging in with the Adobe ID the Adobe Licensing Application hangs. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-licensing-application-hangs-after-login-on-mac-os-10-15-catalina/td-p/10752118
    The software is unusable.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why are there limited commenting tools for PDF shared reviews uploaded to Document Cloud? This would be a perfect option for our organization if all the commenting tools were available (i.e., "stamp" tool, "attach file" tool).

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have already reported the fact that, when installing or updating Adobe Acrobat (which happens rather often), the program icon in the Windows menu is incorrect. I know how to bypass the problem by creating manually the good icon, but each time Acrobat is updated, this bad icon reappears (see screenshot).

This is a VERY long lasting bug. So please, fix it!!!

Thank you

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Could you please try the following steps and let us know if the issue is resolved:

• Delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and from the taskbar.
    • Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you’ll find the " Adobe Acrobat DC " with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it and close the window.
    • Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat and find Acrobat.exe
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
    • Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu… and close the window
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe – shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
    • Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs… and Paste the…

19. Please stop asking me to sign in every time I open a PDF document. The pop up screen is very annoying

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to please provide the below details :

1. Do you see the sign in dialog with any PDF file or with specific PDF file?
    2. Can you please share a snapshot of the sign in dialog being displayed to you?

Regards,
    Sandeep

20. When macs left unattended and Acrobat pro running the application increasing consumes CPU time and memory. Coming in the next morning my machine is extremely slow to respond. This is happening on two mac machines I use.. one Sierra 10.12.6 and one High sierra. Both machine regularly use MS office applications and Saffari and Chrome browsers. Both utilize Mcafee. Acrobat will not close unless being forced to do so.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?