Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

1158 results found

1. The default unit setting for a fresh installation or a new updated version of Acrobat is always on Inches. even though my system is set to metric and I'm in Europe.

It would be great if Acrobat would choose a default unit that fits the system settings or regional standard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Default settings don't apply even after confirmation and restarting the program.

For example: my preferred setting is (single page continuous) and (fit width); yet every time I open a new document, it rebounds to the previous factory settings and not to my custom adjustments; albeit, in the settings, it shows that my recent changes are still as is.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Default Home View. Would be nice if we could set this to go to My Computer upon starting Acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug. I am unable to attach and send pdf documents from Adobe using the default email application (Microsoft Outlook) from my Windows 10 PC even though it is set up in the default applications.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to change the default on the what to print option. I have an application where I need to set the default to "print current page", but it won't allow me to make a permanent change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

6. Remove useless default quick tools, that take up space and limit the tools I can place on the tool bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I do NOT wish to show my last name on comment bubbles. I have tired to update this several times. It does not keep the data even when I check the box for "make these properties default"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I set up a custom tool bar but I have to select it every time I open adobe - I'd like to have it stay as a default and not have to click on the icon for the tool every time

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, even though an MS Word document may have a Title property, when the PDF is created the Acrobat default initial view is to the document file name rather than the PDF's title properties. Since this doesn't pass the accessibility check it requires that the setting be changed on each PDF. I would like to see it either default to the Title property, or provide the option in the PDF Maker plug-in for MS Word.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

This feature has now been enabled in Acrobat Pro DC with the October update but it is by default turned Off.
    In order to enable it, you would need to create a Reg_Dword “4255031” and set it to 1 at the following location:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureState

Please note: This will work for only PDFs from Word/Excel which have been created using Acrobat post setting this registry and won’t work for older PDFs.

Thanks
    Tanvi

10. Twice today I have Shared a document with someone, clicked the track button, and the document DOES NOT appear in the list of files called "Shared for Viewing." Does my recipient have the doc or not? If I don't get these documents in on time I am out of business.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Select Tool is the default tool. I never use it and have never seen a need to use it. It makes the screen turn blue and wants to select things instead of letting me drag and move around the page to review large documents. I always have to stop what I'm doing and switch to the hand tool. I am opening and managing easily over 100 PDFs a day and having to switch at every new document is frustrating and time consuming. Adding this as an option would save so much time for users that need this as their …

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Default column width when browsing directory files are too narrow. Width must be adjusted wider every time I pull up the file directory. A wider default should be able to be set under Preferences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Comment rplies are hidden by default and can not be changed. So when you hover over it or double click the comment. You do not see the reply. And so can get missed.

All replies should be not be hidden be default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Send & Track on documentcloud.adobe.com allowed sharing an item BEFORE uploading it. This was extremely useful for 2 reasons: Multiple files share all at once; Didn't have to wait for an upload to finish before sharing. The new Upload File function requires waiting for a giant upload to finish before you can share it. This is no better than DropBox which is much easier to use than Send File.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe's default line spacing is set to 1.20, which is uncommon in documents. Single spacing (1.0) would be much more useful. Because I can't change the default, I have to continually change the line spacing from 1.2 to 1, which is annoying and time consuming. Please update the software so that the user can select the default line spacing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. fill & sign wont work for me unless language settings are set to use os language, which i feel should be as default

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When using Prepare Form, I have to change the default font and size to my preferences on EACH field I enter. There should be a way to set your preferences for font and size.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When changing the size of a generic 'dynamic' stamp and then right click and choose 'Make current properties default', the size of the stamp keeps reverting to the original size. It seems puzzling because the opacity % works when changing the default setting. This seems to be a known issue according to the agent who assisted me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It should be clear with the countless posts of users wanting the default to be the Hand Tool and others wanting the default to be the Selection Tool.

In both cases, there has been countless work arounds and fixes to make it work one way or another. Since this latest update none of the fixes appear to be working now and it seems everyone is forced into having Selection as the default.

Simple feature request - have a Preference setting to select your default tool - Hand/Pan or Arrow/Select.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When combining multiple PDF files into a single document with bookmarks, I want to be able to set the default bookmark properties. For example, I may want all bookmarks to include the ACTION: Go to a page view, and ZOOM LEVEL: Fit Page. Currently, I have to change the properties of each bookmark separately.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (20.012.20041) is Live now and this takes care of this Feature Request

For more Info refer here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

The Set Default Bookmark Zoom Level menu item is now added to the PDF bookmark options. While creating a new bookmark, you can easily use this option to set the default zoom level. By default, the Inherit Zoom option is selected.

Also, Acrobat now provides an option in the bookmark properties to retain the destination page number when you adjust the zoom level of multiple bookmarks.

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

• Don't see your idea?