Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10848 results found

1. I tried to export a PDF to Excel in order to capture and manipulate the data without having to retype it. When I did so, the resulting Excel document was unreadable and the formatting was off. I have several files like this that I need to extract the data from. I have Acrobat Pro for Mac. I'm using osSierra version 10.12.6. Please see the attached PDF and resulting Excel output file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chantal Smith,

The attached PDF is already an OCRed file whose output is incorrect. Try to copy and paste the text from the PDF file. It contains garbage values.

Please provide non-OCRed file for this issue.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Adobe Acrobat Team

2. The Canon Image Formula DR-C125 comes with a native program that removes blank pages while scanning. I use this to scan, and then switch to Acrobat to edit thereafter. It would be nice if Acrobat had a blank page removal option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Coming across an issue with Adobe PDF recently, where, when I edit a plan or remove pages in Adobe PDF, save it, close the document, then try to email it. It is retaining the original features of the plans, rather than the edited features for some time. Then after some time has passed it will attach with the edited features of the document.

This has happened twice in the last week, never had this occurrence prior.

Steps:
    1) Open Document
    2) Save As Document as New File
    3) Remove Pages or Edit Pages
    4) Save File
    5) Close File in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I am at a slow internet connection, Acrobat DC frequently scans the internet to be sure my copy is properly licensed. Please turn that off! Once a day to check for a license is plenty. The user experience suffers compared to the old days when I owned my own copy of Acrobat Professional XI and it checked for the license on my computer - not in the cloud.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When opening a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Mac, have an option to let the customer decide the default opening size. Right now, the application opens to FULL SCREEN, when it would be much more convenient to have the opening to a smaller size, such as 100% of the page width (such as 8.5 "). When working on more than one document and opening the PDF to check a point, it is very annoying to have the PDF load in full screen, blocking all other things on the desktop, including the customer's primary document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PDF files print black similar to a negative, JPEG prints fine, this is on pdf's received and those I have made and sent to others I have only noticed this since 4th qtr 2018. I have deleted the printer and re-installed. I have the latest Operating system loaded and updated my epson drives. HELP! this is seriously impacting me and my communications! System iMac, Mojave 10.14.3 Printer Epson WF7620D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is not intuitive any more to bring up the panel on the right showing all comments in the document. I figured it out eventually, but should be a much easier, more user-friendly option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When i choose to open adobe DC i always get the notice that my trail has ended. i am a subscriber to dc and pay monthly and can't get the thing to recognize that. Also when i open the app multiple apps open without end

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I opened a document on Adobe on Mac and then it stopped responding right away. Then I tried to restart my computer or shut it down, it showed that because my ADOBE WOULD NOT let me!!?? I couldn't not open any pdf or restart my computer because of this. Please help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    Can you share with us the acrobat version and the operating system you are using
    Also some sample PDFs with which you are facing this issue.

11. Please consider revising your subscription pricing structure. It is too high for people who need it for hh use or even for students. Also, please consider making more of your products one-time purchases.

Thank you,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twice in the last two weeks, DC refused to save the same file with comments. I clicked on save, and the save box came up empty. I tried all alternatives, including saving to cloud, and nothing worked. So I lost the results of two work sessions. I'm using latest version of DC on Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I've tried rebooting before running DC, but it didn't help. What's the solution?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There are large icons throughout the Adobe Reference document that block the text underneath. Is there some way you can fix that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When sending out a document for review via Adobe DC, an email is generated that notifies the recipient of the review. The email notification defaults to PST. Please include an Adobe Document Cloud Account Preference option that includes an option to set a time zone so the local time zone is accurate when deadlines are emailed to the recipient.
    A time zone setting is available in the preferences for your signature settings but not for the document review.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be so helpful if Acrobat could do the math and overlay a Layout Grid with a particular number of subdivisions. Instead, currently, the user has to open preferences and put in the exact size of the subdivisions which is tricky when images are not whole number sizes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The current authentication integration solutions for Adobe do not provide any automation around the Certificate management or the Account creation process. This is horribly limiting when considering the need of an environment to have a seamless system with limited downtime. Further the lack of auto account creation from the SAML service, is highly inefficient. It would be desired to have the capability to create users from the SAML integration and to have the SAML process setup to manage itself using federation XML URLs as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Every time I open up tutorials or help it crashes. Also, it lacks some of the ease of use features that XI had.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    Can you share with us the acrobat version and the operating system you are using
    Also some sample PDFs with which you are facing this issue.

20. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC keeps shutting down. I can open, edit and print one pdf document but if I try to open another, the program shuts down. Very frustrating!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?