Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11396 results found

1. Send Adobe form so recipient can reply to the client's email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I tried to send a PDF as an attachment - which the old system did fine - but when I hit continue, nothing happens.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New Acrobat DC recent files list wastes a lot of space. It's a list, the name entry includes a separate line just to say "PDF" which spaces apart the items unnecessarily. Just put that in a column (there's lots of wasted space there too).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WITH THIS NEW UPDATE (WHICH SUCKS BY THE WAY) I HAVE TO SEND REMINDERS EVERYDAY BEFORE HAND I COULD SET IT TO SEND AN AUTOMATIC REMINDER EVERYDAY UNTIL THE DOCUMENT IS SIGNED

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In my office we have user codes we use when printing. The code is saved into the print driver of each user. When printing from Adobe we are forced to click "properties" before every print, even if we don't need to make any setting changes. If you do not click properties, the user code embedded into the driver is not sent with the print job and it fails with an authentication error at the printer. This is a common problem with many applications. Google Chrome has added the ability to turn off their print preview, and it has solved the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi Drew,

Thank you for reporting this bug. Could you clarify what difference does clicking on “Properties” button makes?

Also please mention the printer driver and printer model your are using.

Regards,
    Ritesh

6. In older versions we could just add text to a document where needed. Now you have to go to Tools, Edit which then takes the time to recognizes all the text in a document. I frequently add text in all kinds of documents including charts and forms. When it goes to "recognize" the text on the full page, it distorts it to something unuseable. I end up having to open the document in Photoshop - if it will read it since usually it was scanned in first. If it won't, I have to do a screen shot, cut and paste…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE ELIMINATE the need to go through a dropdown menu just to check off a commnet.

IT WAS FINE to have a checkbox. It took HALF THE TIME.

PLEAES FIX

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  195 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Seems I'm not alone. I guess if Adobe is bent on forcing this down our throats we'll have to look for alternatives.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Good day!

I have signed some test pdf document with a digital signature.

As you can see on a picture the document is totally protected from any modification.

Now I go to a signature panel and rightclick my signature.

There is a Clear Signature option, which do what it says - deletes my signature and make document editable again.

I understand the concept of signature. It is not a method to protect your data, it only can guarantee that content was not altered.

But never the less:

1. Adobe states in its documentation that you need a private key to unsign…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You have absolutely no control over the choice of menu design, forced to look at a big blue “share” button, a feedback button and a question mark. When operating in half screen the frequently used menu items I have chosen are hidden, because you think I want to share, learn or send feedback. Give me the ability to remove and take charge of my workspace environment.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

With our latest release on 11th Dec. 2018, the issue reported by you has been addressed.
    If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help —> Check for updates in the product.

You can now customize it by right clicking on the Toolbar and selecting appropriate option.

11. Acrobat Pro DC does not provide much flexibility for formatting the signature block. While the ability to add a graphic image is great, designing the text portion is very restricted... too restricted. There is an option for field headers... I don't need these. I need to be able to simply list my name on 1 line, title on another, company name on a third line, and automated date and time stamp when signed. The configuration of doing this, is nearly impossible, and a real mess. This needs to be simple and intuitive like 1000's of other applications out there that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like Acrobat to be able to convert DWG files to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I can copy text when it should not be possible. I just have to highlight the text. This is a big security issue and you should solve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm using the latest version of Acrobat on a MacPro. Text is recognized in the pdf document.
    I want to change the text color to black for better visibility. When starting in Acrobat, I can highlight text in the first text box and change to black.
    Then the program freezes. Using "Force Quit", of course, loses all changes.
    Help!
    I believe this function with acrobat could be quite valuable. MANY brochures have lighly colored text on a white background--not legible! This feature COULD be valuable own a continuing basis!
    Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe AATL contains the certificate of Certum Digital Identification CA SHA2 (Serial: 66 DA EF 03 DB 84 61 91 6B 25 BA 83 FB 17 4E 13)

However, due to an error in the policy constraint of the CA certificate, all certificates issued by this certificate is not valid.

The current Certificate policies contain: 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11
    However, all end entity certificates contain: (either) 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.12 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.13 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.14

The three missed policy constraint created the error of
    "Invalid Policy Constraint"

This error was initially reported by myself on May 24th, 2018 at Twitter direct message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to lock the Comment Tools and/or my personal Custom Tools to the top of the Toolbar so they automatically show up each time you open a .pdf file. I use the Comment Tools quite frequently and it would make it much easier if I don't have to add them each time I open a .pdf file. Also, it seems strange my personal Custom Tools show up on the right side of the file. I would think they would show up on the top Toolbar.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simply it does not save when we save on Ai and try to open just a blank page comes out. To print it just has no data. Printed it still a blank page printed? Solutions for this problem? Issue was happening for a long time. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a Mac user since the early 80's I use the Mac Suite of PAGES, NUMBERS, etc. No MS WORD or any other MS product will ever be on my machine! If this is supposed to be a Mac compatible application it should be able to export my edited pdf documents into PAGES.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am adding a page to a multi page document. As a single page, the PDF looks clean. Opened in Illustrator, also clean, not remnants. When placed in the multi-page document, it shows additional, unwanted images. I've attached the original and a scan of the document with the errors.
    I have even created a JPG out of the file and placed it, same errors arise. Is there some setting that I am missing? It is a 43 page document and there are no other issues. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on a Dell Latitude E6440 running Windows 7.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. trying to reduce file size; keep getting error & no reduction. Error: "The PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled" never had that come up before and am reducing the same set of forms as have been for the last 10 years..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?