Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11474 results found

1. can there be a way to change the ui colour like with the other apps or a way to pick a colour in the cc app and it syncs across all the apps associated with your cc idea

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In Acrobat DC, we have encountered an issue with method of artifacting/backgrounding. As best we can tell, in DC, there is only one way that it can be done to work correctly - through the content panel/right click/create artifact. Other methods of backgrounding (via the order panel or TURO panel) cause it to visually show on the screen and in order panel as a paragraph tag while in the content and tags panel it indicates it’s an artifact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have had issues with alt text being duplicated into the actual text field when using the right click to access alt text or using the order panel to access alt text. The only way it is not duplicated is if alt text is entered via the tags panel properties method.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Acrobat plug in for Word 2016 to create a pdf places artifact tags inside the table structure which causes an error in detailed accessibility checkers. The only way to make these fully compliant is to manually remove these artifact tags from the tags tree. We typically have to go back to old versions to pdf correctly. If you must place artifact tags in table structures (assuming due to new 508 refresh law), it would be fantastic if they could be placed together outside of the table structure or together at the top of the table structure rather than on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Feature to allow the tool bar to be hidden when any document is opened. The extra view space displaying large text is more important than a tool bar that is not used often.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello Adobe Engineering Team,

In prior versions of Adobe, when I opened a document and right-clicked on it to rotate it to the proper orientation, the Save option appeared to allow me to quickly save the changed orientation.

Latest version of Adobe requires me to click on Organize pages feature, select the pages, click the rotate buttons to orient the pages correctly, then Save option appears.

There are a lot more steps needed in latest version of Adobe to quickly change a PDF document's orientation than in prior versions.

It would be nice to allow users to save a PDF…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hey from Germany,

I'm trying to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for the second time. My job is to correct texts by using the "comment" function; my favourite function is sorting my comments by date, so that I can see what I did last. I love the function that the comment list is grouped by days; it happens frequently that I have 150, 300, 500, 1000 comments a day – and there the list seems to have a poblem: After a certain number of entries a day, I cannot scroll down anymore and the list is cut off at the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I always have to open the comments bar to add text. Why not just have that T in the main bar or allow us to add that. Also, why is the icon for Comments bar the same as sticky note? Odd. so please give us ability to choose more icons for the main bar. Takes too much time opening different bars. That is not efficient at all. And make that comments icon different than the sticky note one. Strange.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug
    When I choose File>Create>Combine Files into a Single PDF,
    It should COMBINE FILES INTO A SINGLE PDF, not create a portfolio, which is what it does.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20040
    Windows 10 64bit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So far I hate everything about the acrobat pro DC menus and it has been 2 years, I keep hoping for an update backward for the old menu.
    Changing the way pdf are managed and adding additional features, is great but why would you change menus commands and locations.
    We are all using computers not tablets, and the so called lighter theme sucks.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently in acrobat dc opening old portfolios created with older versions are rendered useless. Very few options for operations are available. To convert older portfolios suitable in dc, I had to go through following process:

There is a way to convert xi portfolio to dc portfolio:

Try this:

Open portfolio created in xi in acrobat dc
    right click anywhere, select all - this will select all files in portfolio
    extract files
    save to a temporary folder, say working files
    select all files in working files folder
    right click, combine files in acrobat
    select save as portfolio or uncheck save as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Per support, it is not currently possible to mass edit the Title attribute of multiple PDFs simultaneously. It would be very helpful to be able to mass edit PDF meta data.

Example: A user has hundreds of PDFs. Many of them have a single space as the Title attribute. This is confusing for the user since it appears to them that no title is displayed when opening a PDF.

Using Action Wizard, you could select the folder with the PDFs and edit the title attribute for all the PDFs simultaneously.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix the IE plugin "Select" feature. It shows the red line box around a screen region, does not keep the region selected, and then proceeds to make a PDF of the ENTIRE web page, not the chosen region. And it makes the PDF in landscape orientation, with all the menus, footers, headers, and junk we don't need. There seems to be no way to fix this behavior in Acrobat DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it in our database.

Best Regards!

14. When selecting and copying passages of text from a PDF, commonly ligatures (e.g. special characters that represent a group of two characteris such as "fl"), are copied as special characters.

Upon pasting into Word or other software these special characters are often not recognized.

It would make much sense to have "smart" copy-and-paste that automatically converts ligatures into the respective single characters.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please help me find my autosaved document- the program closed and I know it's set to autosave every five minutes. Can't find the new version of the document anywhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Trying to edit the forms on a PDF created in an earlier version of Acrobat. When I start the Form Editor using the Tools pane, the program crashes every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sometimes people have two seperate adobe accounts on one computer. One for work and one personal account. we need to be able to quickly switch between accounts or be able to be signed in with different accounts on different adobe programs,

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WHen printing with Adobe Acrobat DC and the network printers are PCL6, the printing is SUPER SLOW. Can we please get some compatibility with PCL6 drivers for printers?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please provide the following details:
    1. Is this issue reproducible with all PDFs or just one?
    2. Please provide a sample PDF with which you are experiencing this issue.
    3. Your OS version
    4. Your printer driver and model details
    5. Have you tried a different PCL6 printer?

Regards,
    Ritesh

19. I am unable to browse the URL that was generated with Microsoft Word 2007, there is no option to browse to the URL in question for some reason or to make better use of HTML tags.

I can browse to https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6393913409312112068#allposts/src=sidebar, using Google Chrome but when I click through the file I cannot browse through to the blog included within the PDF that was exported as a PDF for it to be read only, hopefully.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To create a embedded hyperlink follow below mentioned steps.
    1) Select the text you want to hyperlink then right click
    2) Select option create link
    3) In Link Action , select open a web page and click next
    4) On the next window enter a valid url and click ok
    5) Save the file.

Hope this will help you.

20. An ocean of old texts are in Latin. Many of these need OCR. Support on this would be most welcome as they are often the subject of academic work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?