Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10754 results found

1. Pro Dc is impossible to find the Scale Ratio in the measuring tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Within the Adobe Admin Console an administrator does not have the capability to export user data identifying which product is assigned to the user. To run the reports you have to drill to every product and export the data. I asked for the report from tech support and they said the feature I am requesting is not available but to request to it added as a feature. On the feature wish form drop list it does not specify Admin functions so I chose first Adobe product on the list. The function to export all user data to understand the products…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I received this file thorough email and I can't open it in my MacBook, but it opens in other computers.
    This happens daily with many other PDF's I receive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have had the most unimaginably bad customer experience today with you products. I bought a new computer (MacBook) and attempted to load the software I purchased in 2015. For the last 8 hours I (or one of our people here at our company) have been trying to contact you or work through your chat capability or simply follow some instructions (not findable) to complete this simple task. No success. Could you please have someone contact me as soon as possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The option to clear all the fields on a form has been removed. I have a form that I re-use for various jobs, and now I must manually clear all of the fields in the form in order to fill it out afresh. The deletion of this feature irritates me mightily.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Hi,

We would like to know, how were you using “clear all fields” option? Was it a button or a menu item?

Refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#actions_tab_for_form_field_properties

Reader cannot “Edit/Modify” PDF and hence “Reset Form” is not available in Reader. As long as you didn’t save the form (as you mentioned), you can use the following command in Acrobat Reader: File > Revert.

“Clear Form/Reset Form” can only be added via Acrobat. You can ask the author of the form to add a button using Form Fields Properties > Actions > Reset Forms.
    And, if you are the author, you can clear it from Tools > Prepare Forms > More Options > Clear Form.

I hope this resolves your issue. If not, please share details for more information.

6. The online version of Adobe Pro DC needs to have an edit function for existing PDFs. Especially ones that were created in the desktop version of Pro DC. You are unable to continue working on a PDF that you created on the desktop, but need to do an update or edit to that file away from your desktop/office.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

7. Our county's superior court system requires that we e-file all documents into the court; upon filing a document with the system ("LINX"), LINX timestamps it.

This doesn't work with a certified e-signed document, because Adobe locks the document from future editing. If I try to e-file a certified copy, LINX immediately rejects the file, because of course LINX can't timestamp it.

I'm forced to print out the file, physically scan it again, and e-file the document that I had e-signed in the first place! Am I missing a checkbox somewhere that I can check, to force Adobe to allow editing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

Hi Molly, Kevin,

Thanks for writing to us.

From what I understand, you require your PDF to be digitally signed again, after you have shared it after certifying and digitally signing by your signature? Can you please try these steps and see if this is what you require:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat DC. From Tools→ select ‘Prepare form’ app and click Start. Add (at least) 2 signature fields from top toolbar and save the document
    2. Right click on the first signature field and select ‘Certify with visible signature’. In the Certify Document dialog that comes up, under ‘Permitted Actions After Certifying’, select ‘Form fill-in and digital signatures’
    3. Now sign the document by adding your signature
    4. Send the document to LINX now

Does this solve your problem? Please let us know.

Thanks,
    -amboo

8. Add the ability to enter a fax number in the send and track feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am running Windows 10 and the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC was installed on my machine as an Update by Microsoft. I uninstalled it in error. Regardless, why would I have to buy Pro after the 7 day trial, when it was installed Free by Microsoft as part of Windows 10 update?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need a feature that allows you to change the default "Save As" location. This is available in Microsoft Word, but not in Adobe.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need a way to create a PDF using an automated process that does not cause a popup window to appear. If there were a way to set the file location and file name without the dialogue box it would be very valuable to us.

There is an application called Bullzip that provides this functionality and charges a great deal of money to provide it.

I am attempting to use an application called Bartender to produce label images that I want saved to a file location as a pdf. The only way that I have seen it done is with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. DC Pro is totally unreliable, whether creating a pdf, trying to access a pdf or saving the program displays "DC Pro not responding. Happens very frequently making the program useless. Have worked with support 3 times no resolve. Occurs on both my WIN10 and WIN7 computers, never had a problem with ver 7 through 10. Pay lots for DC team but will have to look for another vendor.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. simple- allow the toolbar to be saved after it is customized so that it will always appear when new documents are opened.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm trying to delete pages from a multi page document in Docman (PCTi Solutions) with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I am not getting the delete option unless I check the full document out onto my desktop, edit it there, drop it back into Docman and delete the original. I want to amend the original not delete it. What an I missing??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Karen

This looks like an issue with Docman. Did you try getting in touch with their support team?
    If they need any help from Adobe in adding some functionality, they can contact us through corporate channels.

Please let us know if you still need help.

Thanks
    Vivek

16. Automatically open the same files on same page after restart. This would great in conjunction with the feature "Restore last view settings when reopening documents". If one has several documents open and one has to restart Adobe Acrobat or Windows it would be quite timesaving and relieve the pain of having to find each document and re-open.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I can't see/figure out how to add the "sign pdf" icon into the main toolbar. Frustrating to click 3-4 times to just get that "tool" to show up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What more do You need to know? How do I turn OFF the side (right side) tool bar?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the new version od Adobe Acrobat (Pro DC) I can now longer show the highlight tool and other tools on the top toolbar - I need to click a few times to show the Comment tools. This wastes a lot of time.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have changed my name a few months ago. When my account was created I went by a different name. I have updated my account to show my new name. It seems like every .pdf I open shows a different name. Sometimes it shows my old name and sometimes my new name. I have tried signing completely out and back in, same issue. It happens randomly. Steps to re-produce the issue is to just open a .pdf file. Environment - Windows 10, domain joined computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?