Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

3052 results found

1. Acrobat DC std/pro do not have an option to save multiple open files at once. If i have 10 pdfs open in 10 different tabs there is no way to save all of those files at once to a single location. You have to save one by one.

Similarly you cannot open multiple recent items. Yes you can select multiple recent items using the checkbox but the only available option thereafter is to combine or remove from list. No option to OPEN.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Want to selectively delete individual lines from the RECENT LIST without deleting the actual files from my HD or Document Cloud. As it stands now the Recent List gets so long as to be a nuisance. At least allow clearing items after a certain period of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try the following steps after updating your Acrobat to the latest version:
    1. On the recent file list, Select the individual files using the check mark on the left.
    2. After the selection you’ll see the option “remove from recent” on the right, select the same.

4. As in any other Adobe Application, I would like to be able to choose the number of Recent files I want to show on the start page.
    I know it's really easy and quick to implement. Please be gentle and make it soon.

This feature is important because I don't want to see all my recents files (that I may have renamed or changed directory) in this menu, I find that ugly and not useful. But this is personal.
    Sharing a more general opinion, I think Adobe software tend to have a lack of coherence between them. That would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please Please stop the "Recent" screen opening, just put it back to where it was.

The checkbox that was in Preferences - Catalogue, no longer exists, for windows, (yet it does for Mac)

Thi sseems also tied into the chssck box to "stop" files opening as you are converting various files into one PDF, as as DC opens the individual files its stops the conversion process with the error "cannot continue as the xxxx file is open" i get round by being ready to close the file as it opens, but this is represents several steps backwards.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow me to set a preference that Adobe will NOT display that annoying home screen (the one with all my recent files listed) Just what I need, another open window to get in the way.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After accessing "open existing file" have a search bar appear in the left hand column that will allow you to type in the file number you are searching for

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The latest version of Acrobat (2019.021.20048) no longer keeps my recently opened files. This list is emptied each time I close the application.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I just got notified that someone sent me a file to sign. I clicked on the notification and I get taken to the Home screen - Recent. I see a list of files (most of which are files I have signed) and I can see when the file was last opened. I would like to see what actions have been taken or more importantly are needed (signing for instance). Or, clicking on that notification should take me to a screen that shows me the files I need to sign and if I am up to date (because the notification…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac CRASHES and cannot find moved or renamed PDF files, or files with highlighted text (yellow fluorescent marker)

These issues have been around forever. I reported this on 15th September2011:
    Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.1 cannot find recent files or files with edited names
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/902798

Yet, the problems remain with latest Adobe Acrobat Pro Document Cloud (DC) ContinuousTrack 2017.009.20044. I have also reported to
    Feature Request/Bug Report Form to no avail:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

ISSUES:

1. Adobe Acrobat Pro CRASHES if you open a PDF file, edit it (for instance using the highlight…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recently updated DC to version 19.8.20071.303822. Previous version had a button at the bottom of the page that said clear recently viewed files. Now I have to check block each individual PDF and clear them. The last PDF it does not give the option to clear instead it asks about delete. I don't want to delete the file, I just want to clear the screen of recently viewed PDFs of files. Also if I try to select it with the others I want to clear, the clear option disappears, what is up?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Files on Google Drive will open in Revu but not Adobe after the recent update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The version used above will not display "all recent files". When this option is selected, takes you to a blank page and the search function doesn't work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe sign should provide an option to download multiple files at once. At present, I can only download a single file at a time.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rather than re-ordering and re-arranging pdfs within a combined file, I would like to be able to determine the order files are compiled. This can be by file title (alphabetically) or others. Right now when I combine several files into one pdf, they are scrambled out of order and I have to rearrange manually which can be cumbersome for larger compilations.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I save-as a document the recent folders presented in the "save in recent folder" pop-up are virtually always irrelevant. This needlessly adds an extra step for me to then "Choose a different folder." I just want the option to immediately open up to File Explorer, which already has recent folder functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please stop forcing your obnoxious self-promotional popups in our faces like the "Share files with others." If I want to share files with others I will email the file to them, not use your data mining cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have 4 tabs open, each displaying a PDF file. From Combine Fiiles I select Add Open Files. It lists 3 of the 4 files in the list. Where is the 4th?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Almost every time I open Acrobat, whether on restart or wake-up, the locations of interface items changes. Today, "Recent files" is populated with the contents of my starred folder. Which is great because usually my starred folder is inexplicably empty, Today it's recent files that's empty.

Regularly I'm greeted with "Bytes not Ready" when performing basic commands.

Then I get some messages that are upside down and backwards! What is that?!

Signatures weren't available last week but they're back now!

As many others have suggested about going back to the old interface - Mine does that about every…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?