Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10741 results found

1. why do we pay for creative cloud and now can't edit a form to enter a simple date. when trying to edit a w9 form for instance, i am asked to use life cycle to do so and that requires an additional monthly subscriptions???????????????????? this is bad.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

You don’t need to edit the form to enter the date. Simply click on the field and start typing.

2. It currently works fine to embed 1080P videos in an adobe document. They play smoothly and the sound and video track nicely. But could you make the same thing possible for 4K and 8K videos. At this time the video is lagging / choppy and the video freezes and all you can hear is the audio. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to flip scanned pdf floor plan drawings horizontally or vertically

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Did you mean flip or rotate?

To rotate:
    Go to Organize Pages. Select the required pages. Click on one of the rotate icons on the above toolbar.
    OR
    Right click on the Left bar. Select Page Thumbnails. Now Right click on any page thumbnail and select Rotate Pages.

To flip:
    Go to Edit PDF. Right click on the image that you want to flip and select Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.
    Note: You would need to uncheck the Recognize text checkbox (present in the right hand pane) when you open Edit PDF for the first time.

Let us know if that helps.

4. I would like to edit a table contained in the body of a pdf; however, it seems possible to only remove from the table. This would be a major time saver!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I cannot get the program to stay open - I have installed / uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Everytime you make an update you make it harder for me to find my edit document button. I just opened one and absolutely none of the icons or right click provides me with edit. Finally I find if I highlight text THEN hit right click I get the menu that allows me to edit. Why take down the one in the header and make me have to do additional steps (highlighting) to be able to edit. I hate when companies adopt the Microsoft culture of calling "improvements" just moving essential commands and options around and saying it's new. At least…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble that you are facing here.
    you can easily use the edit app from the Right hand Panel Menu, Tools center and even on Searching for “edit” in the Tools search in RHP when any doc is launched.

Let me know if you see any confusion here ?

-Ayush

7. After an update of Acrobat DC has been installed on our computers:
    the PitStop Pro toolbars had disappeared and
    the PitStop Pro selection tool frequently becomes unresponsive

Windows specifications: Windows 10 Pro / version 1709 / OS Build 16299.98
    Pitstop specifications: Enfocus Pitstop Pro 17 Build 786028
    Acrobat specifications: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - version 2018.009.20050

Are those issues known by you and do you have a solution for those problems ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am an admin who manages the Adobe Portal for hundreds of licenses at my company. With the new portal, it doesn't allow me as the admin of our portal to see who has activated their license. This is a HUGE issue for us. We used to be able to see who had activated it and who hadn't and if they hadn't, we would remove their license and give it to another user. This is no longer available. Making improvements shouldn't remove options, but add some. This new bug is HUGE for my company. This new portal is going back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I have shared your concerns with the relevant team working on admin console. Once we have further information from the concerned team on this, we will be able to update you.

Thanks,
    Karan

9. If I do a control F search for a word, get a hit in the middle of the document, say, but then want to conduct a search from the beginning, there is no way to do that. I can manually move up to the beginning, even click within the document at the beginning, but the next search will still be from where the last hit was. This is true in both pro and reader and is, to my mind, a bug/design flaw. One should be able to search from wherever one wants in a document, not just from where the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Although tagging Arabic content shows in Acrobat, however it doesn't display correctly in Tags panel, neither Content panel displays Arabic content properly, nor the Order panel.
    "Read Out Loud" feature pronounce each Arabic character independently which drives a listener mad, I'm afraid.

I posted my findings on Adobe Acrobat forums, I wish you have the time to view.
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10060292#10060292

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Great to know that Zaid. Let us know if you need any other help. :)

Regards
    Vivek

11. Hi,
    The ability to flatten a pdf is basic and important. We have had an Adobe DC for 2 years now for our business with little in enhancement in feature. I an tired of having to search for a community java script to do a basic operation such as flatten a document. when our annual subscription expires in June 2018 we will be moving to Foxit for all our pdf requirement. Not only is it cheaper but it is full featured.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to be able to adjust the leading for multi-scroll fillable type. I often have to adjust my art in InDesign so that the type matches the lines on forms.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Redaction hides (but does not remove) text outside of the redacted area in certain cases when:

• A clipping path is set around the content, leaving the outside clipped away
    • The clipping path uses the even-odd rule
    • The clipping path is set while a non-identity transformation matrix is active
    • Before the visible objects are defined the CTM is restored to the identity matrix by concatenating the inverse CTM (rather than restoring the graphics state)

Steps to reproduce:
    * Open one of the attached files in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
    * Use the redaction tool to remove the word "Hello"

Expected result:…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hello Kasper

Thanks for reporting this issue. The team is looking into this and we will try to fix this soon.

Regards
    Vivek Chandra

14. Allow links to be pasted into comments

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have MS Surface Book. I draw on screen all the time. I draw on PDFs in free apps. It should be possible in this, very expensive one, don't you think?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue was at the hardware side hence closing this issue. Thanks for providing us your feedback. Do let us know in case you face any issues in future.

16. In Windows 10, Acrobat DC's taskbar and start menu shortcut icons randomly switch to using the Photoshop icon. Acrobat DC is the only program that exhibits this problem. The only cure is to follow one of the methods shown in this 2013 forum post: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113673. Please fix this bug, which still exists in 2017!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When distilling attached Postscript the generated PDF shows error when opening. I have narrowed it down to an image which has imagemask set to true as well as mask array in it. This is incorrect as per specification.

I am using Adobe Acrobat 10.0.0.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a video in MP4, H.264 embedded in an Interactive PDF. Properties are with no border and background white, still before it starts reproducing I see a grey cube in place of the video and as long as it is not in Full Screen mode I have always some kind of border around the video. Even worse, the border changes everytime I open it, sometimes it's above, then beneath, then to the right or to the left. Contacted the support two times already, they can't help. Told me that the senior team would get in contact with me, I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ana,

Can you please share the PDF with which you are facing this, also kindly provide the version of Acrobat you are using.

Thanks for reporting
    -Pratyush

19. I need to process large PDF files that are often sent to me with duplicate pages. Dupes are often very difficult to manually locate in a 3,000 page + Document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I went to crop a PDF to its printer marks and happily pressed the Crop tool in Edit mode. then selected the atre I wanted to crop, then had no idea how to apply the crop....nothing in the interface tells me I'm at the stage where I can now execute the crop. Everything is greyed out and only the Crop icon is available. I had to hit the Enter key to do it. Why is there no way to execute the crop, once the area is selected? Everything is done via the interface until the actual crucial part of the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?