Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10706 results found

1. We have proprietary software that serves up PDF files stored in a location that end-users do not have access to. These documents can contain PHI and PII. We want to prevent the ability for users to send copies the document outside of our system. We have been able to lock down every aspect except for attaching to an email. There is a toolbar and menu option for this feature.

For security reasons I would like the ability to disable the attach as email feature the same way that I can disable WebMail.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Image highlight (freehand) tool anywhere on page (including text)

The image/freehand highlighter tool only appears when hovering the cursor over an image. However would be great to have the tool available over text or blank space on the pdf.

Also the preview highlight thickness (before mouse button release) is not the same as the final highlight thickness (after mouse button release).

For the text highlighter, it would be nice to be able to move the ends of the highlight by dragging (to highlight more or less text).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My send for signature isnt working. its asking to upgrade that plan when i already pay for that feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Under MacOSX (10.9/10.11/10.13) Acrobat DC does not play well with Dropbox. Using the Acrobat file screen to open a file in Dropbox often results in a LONG delay (or even crashes).

Double clicking directly within Dropbox folders in the Finder brings the same file up without delay or crashing.

Please fix this annoying bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Always having to log in....I am sick of it. Then when you log in with your password, it just goes back to the same website asking you to log in. This forces you to change your password AGAIN....I am so over it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when a file is exported to Acrobat from InDesign, the accessibility checker rejects every manual line break in the document. There is no fix offered in Acrobat. Please fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would gladly pay $5/month for the use of Adobe Acrobat Pro, but $15/month is far too high for the amount I use the software. Also, I would appreciate it if you would simply provide the subscription option of "Three months free" instead of waiting for me to cancel my subscription before offering me better pricing for your product. It feels like you're trying to dupe me as a customer when you do that, and it comes across as dishonest. If that's not what you want your brand to be, then just be up front about what you're willing to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Since the l shortcut "crtl+0" for "show complete page/size" (don't know the correct english wording) doesn't work in Acrobat anymore, please re-implement it so that this shortcut works in AI, ID and PS!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This has been reported on another thread and marked as solved - it isn't. I have just purchased a copy of Acrobat Pro and am unable to edit .pdf's, which is precisiely why I bought it. The subscription simply isn't worth the money without this capability.

I have noticed some suggested solutions but these are highly technical and not something I would have access to do at work.

Could a solution be suggested - fast - as it seems as though this is quite a common error?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about making a product that actually works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I use the Adobe Acrobat DC to secure it with password so I can prevent the document from being copied or edited. However, when I upload it to Google Drive, it can turn into an EDITABLE document on One single Click. What is the use of this type of encryption?

Is there a way that I am missing out on that can help achieve secure the document from being copied or edited with such ease because I haven't found any.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I really need Clearscan back. I don't want editable texts, but I just want characters to be smoothed out. I feel that there should be an option for this. I am Japanese, and usually scan Japanese characters. Editable texts might work for alphabets, but not really for Asian characters. I upgraded from Acrobat XI to Acrobat to Acrobat pro 2017, but scanning experience with this 2017 version was the worst as far as ocr was concerned.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is it jut me? I have just started to use pdf pro and straight away I see how very poor it is. I need to make manuals, which includes to insert multiple pdf files with lots of pages in each, into the structure of the original pdf file. It would be nice to group pages to simplify making pages order and document structure. What a delusion!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How do I upload Open Sans Light Font into my Adobe Acrobat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I paid $190 (inc. tax) on June 26 for Acrobat Pro DC - yet every time I open Acrobat, there's a little circle in the lower left hand corner saying "subscription expired" with a "buy" button beneath it - I want to know I have what I paid for!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When zooming with the scroll wheel, Acrobat freezes and I get a spinning beach ball. The files I am working with are not large, but they do consist of lots of lines/content streams sometimes. If anyone can offer support for this, it would be greatly appreciated. I encounter this issue multiple times a day and it appears to happen only if I am trying to zoom with the wheel right after it opens and Acrobat is still trying to load the creative cloud profile, or when I have been working in the file for a period of time and try…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also please provide us some sample files on which you are facing this issue

18. Currently Acrobat Pro DC recognizes Chinese and Japanese (and probably Korean) in left-to right horizontal format, but does not handle vertical text reliably. The apparent reason is that in edit mode text areas are always defined horizontally. An explicit configuration option for vertical text would fix this. The attached file if a pdf scan of the first section of a recently published Japanese book.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pro DC is awful for performing OCR. It recognizes very little text, even with a clean scan. It also does not install native Windows fonts to add text to a document. XI did both of these things very well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is a request for Adobe Digital Editions. Navigatng in the reader would be much easier if arrow keys were enabled OR if you could select between trackpad to select and trackpad to scroll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?