Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10708 results found

1. I need to make transparent buttons with HTML links in most of my documents. Someone forgot to program this in the DC version.
    Create a square button and set the line and fill to transparent. Please fix! It is causing a host of issues for us.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm unable to print any pdf files from Acrobat DC to the local network printers. I receive errors: "the document could not be printed" and "an error occurred while printing the document". I am able to print to the printers from other programs. I've been able to print pdfs from Acrobat DC to printers in the past.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. when using forms things like font size and data type are extremely slow, every single move takes 10-20 secs to wait, 2017 iMac 5k

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The measure tool causes the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC app to constantly crash, I have used the tool on two separate brand new laptops, yet the problem happens on both. Is there a problem with the tool?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to add a shortcut key to execute an Action Wizard
    If that is to difficult to make it available in the top menu or screen. Currently many clicks are needed to start it.
    My next question is to be able to close the file which was transformed by the Action Wizard, but CTRL+W is okay as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Acrobat 9, the "comments" window displayed the COLOR of the corresponding sticky note (there was a small sticky note icon in each window that showed the color of the corresponding note).It was possible to quickly view and navigate to related pages/sections of the PDF even if the page was not directly viewable; I could quickly scan for all comments that were associated with a RED sticky note, or a BLUE one, etc, by simply scrolling through the comments -- it was not necessary to view the actual page of the PDF to check the color of the sticky note.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello Adobe Engineering Team,

In prior versions of Adobe, when I opened a document and right-clicked on it to rotate it to the proper orientation, the Save option appeared to allow me to quickly save the changed orientation.

Latest version of Adobe requires me to click on Organize pages feature, select the pages, click the rotate buttons to orient the pages correctly, then Save option appears.

There are a lot more steps needed in latest version of Adobe to quickly change a PDF document's orientation than in prior versions.

It would be nice to allow users to save a PDF…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like there to be a word count for a ctrl+f word search that appears in the search box next to the word, much like in Google Chrome. You can see the comparison in my screen shots. The ctrl+shift+f feature is too cumbersome.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I cannot edit PDF's because I need to enter a permission password to do so. However I never set one in the first place, only the one to sign in to my Adobe account.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For example, give the posibility to keep the user logged from more than 2 computers but only can use simoustaneusly one. This help because me of us use more than two computers (two at home and one laptop in my case)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Simply just opening a pdf and attempting to scroll up or down causes the document to lag every time. It's renders the program nearly useless. Since I am paying a month subscription, I expect to not have problems like this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am making simple changes (such as rotating the document) and then saving as to try to lock the edits into the document, but the saved as doc is rejecting these changes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Bilal Ansari responded

You are using Rotate View option which rotates the view of the document.
    You need to use Rotate Pages option present in Organize Pages app or Page Thumbnail pane.

13. Acrobat just crashed due to file size, and could not be recovered, just lost everything.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also are you facing this issue with a particular document or this is a generic issue.

14. it would be great to have adobe reader in samsung smart tv

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To reproduce:
    1. Create a PDF with an embedded version of Bitstream's Charter font included with macOS or OSX.

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat.

Expected result: normal display of the font. The PDF displays normally in Apple's Preview reader.

Observed result: Many glyphs in italic and bold italic will be incomplete (missing terminals), smeared, or the strokes will be too thin. E.g., "B, F, Q, U, a–z, 4, ?," en dash, em dash, etc. Other glyphs may have problems, I have not tested them all.

Tested on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Acrobat DC and Reader DC, both version 18.011.20038; with…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ctrl+ z action does "Undo" of last activity in adobe writer. However, cursor or screen display does not move to specific location in file where undo has happened. Some time in hurry, we dont even come to know that we have undone some work. Hence, i suggest, undo should take cursor and screen to concerned page similar to excel, word etc.

Kindly check if it is worth enough to consider.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I wish to open the comments pane to open or hide with the click of a button - it is taking up too much room. And in contrast to older versions I can no longer copy any text from the post-it notes (which might be useful if a translator has given a text change that needs to be transferred to a language layout) but have to open the comments pane (with what seems a lengthy way round).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy & Paste of a field - Within a document works as expected - the formatting, naming of the field is consistent. However if you copy paste into a different document, the field properties seem to reset (if this was correct, why would you copy/paste & not just insert a new field) - expected behaviour would be to keep same size/format/code/name & position(if possible, if not centred on screen).

Only noted work-around, is to copy existing page into new document, copy/paste field from one page to another & then deleted the inserted page. - Comment elsewhere requests a MS Office…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow/Enable the Properties of an 'Add Text' Comment to include 'Appearance' modifiers. e.g., opacity. Similar in function to the 'Add Text Box' Comment objects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I don't want to save the document in Word, I just want to save the PDF in "my documents" on my computer. Is there no way to do this? Or if there is what is the magic spell I have to put on Adobe to do that. Cannot access the Adobe Cloud- whatever that is- to attach documents.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For saving your document on your computer you can follow the below steps.
    1) Go to file menu and click on save as
    2) On the subsequent screen, select ‘Choose a different folder’ button
    3) You’ll be able to browse your local desktop folder structure after this
    4) Save your pdf to the desired location.

• Don't see your idea?