Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

1158 results found

1. The majority of time I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I want my text box properties to be Arial, Blue, Bold and in Italics. Every time I select the Add Text tool I have to re-select these properties, it is very redundant and diminishes my productivity. From what I understand Adobe Acrobat used to allow a default to be set to accomplish this that is no longer available. Please bring it back.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to set the default scale (other than 1=1) for all future PDF docs.
    AND the ability to set the scale for each individual PDF docs that will remain assigned to that PDF even if you exit Adobe Acrobat and re-open it. I'm an engineer, and work with various different scales, so it would be very beneficial for each PDF, if the user set scale would remain locked with each document, so you don't have to re-establish the scale after exiting and re-opening Adobe Acrobat.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can't seem to find a way to just use the mail icon and not have to click continue to email and attachment?
    Used to be able to click on mail icon and default email would auto-attach. this extra click is needed to select "continue" every time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to see a preference panel that can customize the extracted page(s) name, vs. the default "pages from (host file name)". This would simplify the renaming process

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This isn't a new idea. I need to be able to choose a default location to save files. Sometimes my files will auto save in .content folder of Outlook Microsoft.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some vendors who offer PDF creation allow you to monitor usage of their products. Sine Adobe is the highest costing PDF creator it would be useful for enterprise admin to track usage. Currently we are being asked to monitor this from our end. it is pushing us to a different product that allows us to track product usage.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It makes no sense that customizing the tool bar is limited in that the default tools can't be deleted or even moved lower. Same goes for the side panel. Same goes for the navigation bar. Everyone uses the product differently, requiring/preferring widely varied views and tools. I don't see why adobe wouldn't provide full customization in order to better serve every user. Some of the default icons are ones I will absolutely never click on but I have no choice but to have and keep them in the prime and easiest to access locations on the page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use DC for printing mail labels on a label printer but have to select that printer, when I need it, every time from the drop down menu. This is a bit of a chore.
    It would be nice to set the default printer for Acrobat seperately from the system default printer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to set the default printer to an actual physical printer rather than having Adobe continually default to "printing" to pdf. Multiple times a day I have to "re-set" my printer preference from "PDF" to the physical printer. After a few hundred times, I find myself deeply irritated with Adobe engineers and designers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm trying to make the select tool the default when Acrobat opens instead of the hand tool.

I was running Acrobat DC fine with the select tool as the default on Windows 7. I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and now I'm having trouble. Same version of Acrobat, just a new operating system.

I've tried almost everything mentioned in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2179758

The one thing I couldn't try was the scrubbing tool, because I have Creative Cloud. I did uninstall and reinstall Acrobat. It didn't work. Then I tried the "Repair Installation" option in the Acrobat help…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. send and track never works. It continues to say for me to log in and there is no internet connection. I am using ethernet, not wifi.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently Adobe Acrobat DC does not recognise if the default printer setting on my mac has been set to duplex. There is a work around. By pressing the printer button and selecting 'duplex' from the print dialogue box that is revealed, pdfs can be printed double sided (DC warns against doing this by the way). The trouble is that it is easy to forget to follow this process, particularly when I am in a hurry, with the result that pdfs, in my case often 20 or 30 pages documents, are printed single sided. This wastes paper, is environmentally unfriendly and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please allow a setting for a default colour in the editing section! This such a pain in my butt to have to change every single time I enter my data!! this surely cannot be that hard a problem to fix & there is many people looking for the same result as me, why are you not solving this??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow senders of Send & Track personal invitations to create a closing signature block or a letterhead that includes the senders contact info (such as sender's name, company name, street address, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address, website address) within the e-mail. It's time-consuming to type the same info every time I send the invitations.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be useful in Preferences to turn on Show Rulers & Guides by Default. At present you have to go to "View / Show/hide / Rulers & Grids" for every new PDF that you open.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Implemented  ·  amukherj responded

Right status is Implemented. Resolved is used when we resolve an issue with help, educating the user, providing workaround etc. Actual work from our side in this case – hence Implemented.

16. Create a setting in Preferences that defaults to:
    View | Show | Navigation Panes | Page Thumbnails
    so that thumbnails ALWAYS appear in the navigation pane and are never hidden unless done manually.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already support this with the “Pinning of navigation pane” feature. i.e. to open any Navigation Pane by default for all the documents in the LHP.
    This is how you can try this out:

1) Launch any PDF and Expand the Panel that you want the acrobat to open by default for every document(For Ex. Page Thumbnails)
    2) Right click on the LHP Navigation strip , Select the option from the context menu “Pin Page thumbnails” .
    3) now try out by launching any other pdf → You will observe that the Page thumbnails panel would appear expanded by default on launch (If document does not have any other document specific preference )

This Feature is applicable to DC and Classic 2017 track (not available in Classic 2015)

Thanks

17. Default settings don't apply even after confirmation and restarting the program.

For example: my preferred setting is (single page continuous) and (fit width); yet every time I open a new document, it rebounds to the previous factory settings and not to my custom adjustments; albeit, in the settings, it shows that my recent changes are still as is.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to set page layout to default and navigation tab to bookmark panel and page as a default settings. can I , please suggest.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do the following steps to get the desired result.
    1) Open a pdf
    2) Right click and go to document properties.
    3) click on initial view tab
    4) Select desired values from the drop-down for ‘Page lyaout’ & ‘Navigation tab’.

19. Due to a recent update, Adobe Sign now instantly skips past the screen where previously I could edit the subject and email content of the outgoing message to request signatures on a document. I fill in the email address, then the screen I'm referring to instantly flashes and disappears. This makes it impossible to request signatures with anything other than the default Adobe default subject and message content. This is clearly a bug. I'm running MacOS 12.3.1 and Acrobat DC current continuous build version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When selecting the default zoom by going here:

menu -> Preferences -> Page Display ->Zoom percentage

...changing the Zoom Percentage value does not have any effect on the actual default zoom. When opening a new .pdf document, it defaults to 150%, which shifts the picture off screen. Every time I open a new .pdf I have to zoom out and it's getting annoying!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?