Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10708 results found

1. Since most common thing people do in this program is to Open files, that "Open" command should be always easy to get to, instead it's hidden within Menu you have to click to get to it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I ran into an issue where shortly after opening Adobe Acrobat the program would close with no indication of what was causing it to close. When trying to run Acrobat as Administrator I was shown a "adobelicensingwf_acro.exe" error (See Attached image).

After trying to open the program a few more times I noticed that Acrobat would close about the same time as the profile picture would change from the default account to my account picture (See Attached image). It seemed to be closing the program after a handshake with the adobe web service. That reminded me to check…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Le 19/10/23
    Bonjour,
    Je n'aime pas du tout la nouvelle version d'Adobe Acrobat et plus précisément la disposition de la barre d'outils et des panneaux latéraux. Faire des nouvelles versions d'amélioration c'est bien mais ce qui est encore mieux c'est de pouvoir offrir le choix au client de mettre ces éléments où il veut dans un souci de confort de travail. Chaque personne est différente, on n'a pas la même façon de travailler, ce que vous pensez être bien ne correspondra pas forcément à tout le monde ! Donc, s'il préfère que la barre d'outils reste encrée en haut dans…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After the new update my Adobe Acrobat is extremely slow and lagging sometimes to the point of the program crashing, , bring back the old design! The new one is not more convenient the extra features are cumbersome and in the way. I pay for Adobe Acrobat for a stream lined pdf viewing experience not to wait 3 minutes when I load up a pdf for all my comments to crash the software.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It appears to be a bug, but several markups types are not working. They get copied across pages, even when the markup was not set up on that page. Existing markups disappear. If you edit a text block, the whole things disappears while in progress.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Previous version. "Edit" would set cursor in a paragraph of existing text and from there could add to existing text. .......
    "Add Text" would enable placing cursor anywhere on the page and add text. Making it possible to type in any text above or below existing text.
    That is no longer how it works

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Editing images is difficult now that this hover-over menu pops up on top of the image. It's very annoying and not user friendly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What happend to the page information at the bottom of a document with the size.
    The box in the preferences is on, but it does not work.
    Not only on my computer but on all the computers we work with.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. seems to happen after Acrobat has been open for a while. error does not occur after closing and opening Acrobat. not a huge dealbreaker but definatley annoying

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It's been years, and hundreds if not thousands of people have requested you remove the stupid home screen. it's a waste of time for people. how much longer will you keep ignoring this? unless there's some tracking feature that is embedded in it for your convenience. NOBODY wants this screen! NOBODY finds it helpful! EVERYONE finds it annoying and and extra unecessary step that we need to do to close it each time we close a pdf file. it's a WASTE OF TIME. listen to your users!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clicking on any links in any PDF causes Adobe Acrobat Reader to hang and crash

1. Open any PDF document that contains a hyperlink in Adobe Acrobat Reader
    2. Windows 11 (Continuous Release I Version 2023.006.20320 I 64-bit)
    3. I expected to open the link in my default browser in Windows 11
    4. The application hangs (spinning mouse cursor) and becomes unresponsive. After 10 seconds of this, I have to close Adobe Reader and try again. But it does that again. Unable to open any link whatsoever. I just copy the link by highlighting it in the PDF and paste in the browser. Much…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be a proper full fledged dark mode that needs to be introduced by Adobe on all platforms - Windows, iOS, iPad, Android, Mac and everything.

We need to have a setting where is specifically says "Dark mode".

High time Adobe works on this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Often I like to click or double click on the program header to both move the window and expand ("Maximize") the screen view. When navigating to the upper bar (particularly when I have a list of PDF's open the exposed blank header is reduced) I hover over "+ CREATE" first and this opens up an options window before I can double click the header. This cause me to generate new PDF's without maximizing the window. Please move this "+ CREATE" button to another location or increase/delay the timing on the options window that is generated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Open any pdf document in Desktop 1.
    2. Open an other pdf document in Desktop 2.

Environment:
    Windows 10

Expected result and observed result:

If you Open a pdf on Desktop 2 but already exists an instance on Desktop 1 the pdf opens in Desktop 1. I think It should open a new instance in Desktop 2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. All I need to do when reading a pdf is turn it from the two page 'standard' to a single page scrolling. This gets the file to the right size so that I can read it.
    This used to be on the top bar, View, and select the option. I can't find where you have hidden it, and neither the help nor the search tools brings it up as an option. Why have you made it so hard to do a basic operation that should be standard?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When working with a document in different devices (in my case Android and windows PC devices), the default color palettes for commenting are different. They should be similar to ensure the colors are the same across any device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Due to the excessive security when attempting to sign to any app or service involving PDF files I no longer use Adobe as my trusted application or service because of the friction and steps it takes to use PDF files - even signing on to this feedback service I had to use a Google login - this has driven me away from all Adobe product and I am a yearly subscriber -

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Acrobat freezes every time after I typing a slash ( / ) in the comment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mechanical estimating services involve calculating and providing cost estimates for mechanical projects. These services help determine the expected expenses for tasks like installing heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) systems, plumbing, or other mechanical components in construction or renovation projects. Accurate mechanical estimates are crucial for budgeting and planning, ensuring that projects stay on track and within budget. https://www.smaestimating.com/our-trades/mep-estimating-services/mechanical-estimating-services

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On the new Acrobat, there is no setting to change the default for this. It defaults to ON at all times. I am a legal professional, and this would be a big improvement for me. Users who regularly navigate long PDFs of hundreds of pages or more would benefit from having this setting OFF when opening documents, instead of having to disable it every time. As a side note, to my mind, a selection available from the current settings SHOULD achieve this, but currently does not - see attached. There is currently no difference that I can discern between Single…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?