Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drawing basic shapes in Edit PDF view

Can we please have the ability to draw real shapes (rectangles,circles, etc) in the Edit PDF view? I know that we can draw these shapes in the Comment view but it's not good enough - doing it that way makes it impossible to adjust certain aspects of the shapes (like, "Send to Back" or "Bring to Front" - those options do not exist in the Comments view, but when you go to the Edit PDF view, shapes that were drawn in the Comments view are untouchable. They are always on Top and obscure anything else that is in the PDF…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HIghlighting Text

For the highlight function, there should be the ability to change colors easily. Right now the process is cumbersome and time-consuming. When I have to be able to access my highlighted test for citations, it would be wonderful to be able to export to word documents with a click.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
    We have been looking into this issue, will let you know once we plan to release the fix.

Regards,
    Arvind

3. Editing or creating new stamps involves too many steps

I'm required to fill in a lot of forms with my signature and the date. And since the date always changes, I edit my signature image in PSD and then bring it in to Acrobat and make (or edit) a stamp. But in Acrobat the process of editing a stamp with a new image is grueling! ... 10 steps! (see attached).

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate with Google Drive and Google Keep

I host a G Suites account for my business and it would be great it Adobe & G Suite integrated together for auto-saving and collaboration with documents

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shortcut for Create PDF from Scan

Create shortcut on Home page to "Create PDF from Scan". A lot of users primarily use Acrobat to create pdfs from paper. It shouldn't take 4 mouse clicks to get this done. Also, there is now no way to use keyboard shortcuts to effect a scan. Alt-F-R-S is as far as one can go because the new blue Scan button does not have a keyboard shortcut.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Acrobat Pro DC (AcroCEF) eating up 21GB of memory and CPU time on Mac

When macs left unattended and Acrobat pro running the application increasing consumes CPU time and memory. Coming in the next morning my machine is extremely slow to respond. This is happening on two mac machines I use.. one Sierra 10.12.6 and one High sierra. Both machine regularly use MS office applications and Saffari and Chrome browsers. Both utilize Mcafee. Acrobat will not close unless being forced to do so.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Highlighting / Marking Text

Please create an option in Acrobat DC Pro for highlighting and/or marking text without also automatically creating a pop up comment.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Ammar responded

Please let us know if the issue is resolved.

8. Export to Microsoft Word

1. Open a PDF document with Arabic content.

2. This PDF was generated from InDesign CC2017. Arabic fonts used is a good True Type and OpenType fonts. Macintosh 10.11.2 / Acrobat DC Build: 15.23.20056.213124

3. When exporting to MS Office format, we expect to have a decent conversion as we see with PDFs that has English content.

4. I opened resulted Word document in MS. Word on Windows, Text Edit on Mac, Apple Preview. The result varies, but generally Arabic text doesn't convert properly, most words scrambled and fragmented.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Acrobat DC crashes hourly Running Mojave

Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Newly Installed Acrobat Pro DC Keeps Closing After 10-20 Sec Without Error Message

I just installed Acrobat Pro DC and the it keeps shutting down after running only 10-20 seconds. I can occasionally open a file quickly enough, but after opening file, Pro DC then shuts down. Went through Adobe troubleshooting (checked updates, Distiller, repair installation), but problem persists. Note that I did NOT set Pro DC as my default program for PDF files. My original Acrobat Pro XI is running fine.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  34 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Extract Pages - WITHOUT thumbnail view!

Trying to select which pages to extract by clicking on thumbnails is next to impossible. Whoever thought of this system has never tried to extract multiple non-consecutive pages from a large document - they all look the same when shrunk to 1 inch tall. Can we just extract by highlighting bookmarks?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't save a simple change without having to 'save as' and rename the document

If you go into a saved document and change something you cannot save it you have to save it as a completely separate document. i.e. I edit one line to be italicized and hit save and I get a pop up error that states, "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.

1) I am the only user
    2) I created the .pdf document yesterday and did NOT make it read-only.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Where is the ability to "Track Changes"?!

You are missing a most basic editing feature: The ability to display additions or deletes to text in a pdf, as in Word's "Track Changes". How does a client see my edits to their document? Really! Will this be rectified?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

15. Edit PDF in Adobe Pro DC online

The online version of Adobe Pro DC needs to have an edit function for existing PDFs. Especially ones that were created in the desktop version of Pro DC. You are unable to continue working on a PDF that you created on the desktop, but need to do an update or edit to that file away from your desktop/office.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

16. Save/Save new PDF not working

Save. 'Save as'. CMD + S. It doesn't matter how I attempt, I cannot save regular PDFs from inside Acrobat. I have to create an 'optimized PDF' in order to save any of my work inside of Acrobat. I have been loving the functionality of the new Acrobat, but now I can't even save. Very frustrating.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add proper LongPath support

Adobe fails to open files when a file path & name exceed MAX_PATH. Windows no longer has a hard path character limit if the LongPathsEnabled key is set in the registry. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation

Modern applications are adopting this new standard with the mentioned file management hooks provided by the OS.

Adobe is falling behind in this regard. Please add proper Long Path support.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe Admin Console

In Adobe Admin Console it would be nice have a date when licence has been assigned to user and also history of licences (When, by who and to whom was licence assigned). Also I would like to see user activity log. When last time user used application.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow larger file sizes than 10 MB

The current limit of 10MB seems fairly small in today's age. Previous explanations that the document will be emailed and/or opened on mobile devices that can't handle large files is pretty much moot now, because both can typically handle larger files (say 25-40 MB).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add iCloud Drive as an option in Storage Accounts

I use iCloud Drive for file sharing and iCloud Drive is not listed as an option of connected cloud storage.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base