Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10830 results found

1. The Tool Bar icons appear cartoonish - maybe at least tighten their outlines so they appear crisper!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Zoom Percentage Disappears from the Toolbar when you turn off the option to "Open Documents as new tabs in the same window"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need measurements to be available in feet and inches. Not decimal.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the Action List where your sequences are, I find when you have a lot, there is no way to sort it alphabetically in one go. I am aware you can do this one by one via the manage actions setting, but that is tedious and counter productive, especially when you have a lot like i have, attached. Please can you implement a 'Sort by A-Z', either in the menu bar along the top, within the manager actions settings or next to the name 'ACTION LIST' on the UI, highlighted attached. Hope this gets someones attention. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unable to get or publish comments to Adobe Shared Review PDF on SharePoint 365 with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Details:
    I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20064

When I open Shared Review PDFs hosted on SharePoint 365 I see the message:

• Could not get new comments. Adobe Acrobat did not get a response from the server.

• Adobe Acrobat cannot connect to the Review Server: 13.107.136.9

This appears to be the same error and message other users are reporting since October 2018 when setting up new Shared Review PDFs using SharePoint & Adobe Acrobat DC. Any updates on this would be…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reporting the issue and apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    We have been working on this and let you know once we plan to deliver the fix.

Regards,
    Arvind

6. When applying a Modification Detection and Prevention certificate to a PDF/A-3u file Acrobat Pro DC adds DigestLocation, DigestMethod, and DigestValue entries to the signature references dictionary. That's not permitted by the PDF/A-3u standard. Thus it breaks conformance.

Certifying PDFs in this way and complying with the PDF/A-3u standards both are part of our larger goal of long-term preservation.

See also: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2566790
    and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2560568

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat DC, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, relatively fast processor.

(1) I frequently must OCR documents of 2,000 pages or more. With Acrobat for Mac (which I used from 2012 to 2018), I could start the OCR process, go away for an hour or two or three, and it would be finished with the entire document when I returned. With Acrobat DC for Windows, if I try to OCR more than about 150 pages at a time, Acrobat will crash. Not immediately, but after it's run for 10 minutes or so. All progress will be lost. I will have to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a webpage (Word uses CTRL+K). Right now, I can't even get easy access to that action through the Quick Tool bar because only the "Auto-Create Web Linksfrom URLs" and "Remove Web Links" are an option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Where did the "auto detect pen hardware to enable markup" go? It was in preferences/commenting/making comments. Without this feature acrobat is worthless for commenting on a touch screen with a stylus. I can't imagine anyone would think it was a good idea to remove, hopefully it is just located somewhere else. Also note, STOP CHANGING the UI!!! This is the last issue I will ever try to resolve. I am sick of having to google how to undo new "features". In the future I will simply move on to a more consistent software.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use. As part of that, the checkbox is moved to the right click menu of the comment.

Open comment>Right Click>Add Checkmark

Please also note that both the sort and filter options are available for the check mark.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and will consider adding the check mark by default for future updates of Acrobat DC.

However there is one workaround to make the checkbox appear in one step by using the keyboard shortcut SHIFT + K .

10. Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 99.9% of the time, when I'm going to EDIT a pdf, its just to resize or crop it, not to change the content. But I have to wait for the OCR processing to complete before the crop tool is available. I shouldn't have to wait for a feature I'm not intending to use. Especially if I'm working with CAD drawings or other non-MSWord source files, the OCR processing takes forever, since the content isnt designed for that.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resizing a window by dragging the lower right corner is very laggy. Often, the mouse pointer is halfway across the width of the window before the window starts to resize. It then jumps repeatedly to catch up with the mouse as you resize the window.

On a late 2016 MacBook Pro, Mojave, 16 GB ram,
    Acrobat DC Pro version 2019.008.20074

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.

I would request you to kindly update to the latest available version of Adobe Acrobat DC using “Check for updates”

Also please send a screen recording video of the issue that you are facing to us at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

13. Make Acrobat DC NOT freeze when clicking URL link created with InDesign

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tried to delete a page from Organize Pages and Error message comes back saying "An Incorrect Structure was found in the PDF file"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you try the following and see if it resolves the issue:
    1. Right click on the left hand pane.
    2. Select Tags.
    3. Select the first item in the list labelled ‘Tags’.
    4. Press Delete.
    5. Now try and delete the pages.

Also, could you send the PDF for us to analyze?

15. The new white icon is very uncomfortable. I'd prefer the old icon file please. But even more important is the Recently Opened Files list ... now that thumbnails are included, the names of the files are TINY. I need to know how to make those file names larger, as I use this list multiple times daily! Please make the list as it used to be.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. All the features in the disappearing bottom tool bar is what I use every day. I am in Adobe a great deal of my day, I need to fit one page all the time. When I add the page controls to my tool bar, none of the page controls appear. Can you please let the page controls be on the tool bar again? These updates are slowing me down, and I don't want to start using another application, but I just might start looking around. I'm a big fan of Adobe, but sometimes....

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've just been updated to the latest Acrobat DC for Windows. It claims to have improved sharing and collaboration options,but this is not good for me. I really miss the mail icon on the toolbar leading giving me a direct option to email the file.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
    Could you please follow the steps in the below article to use the email icon to send PDF directly as email attachment.

Link : helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attac..

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
    Sahil

18. 1) In the old comment pane, there was text that accompanied each entry identifying it as an underline, strikethrough, replacement, or insert. Now, the text identifier is gone and we only have an arcane symbol. This is awful. I work with clients who are less familiar with Acrobat and this only makes it more difficult for them to understand the nature of my comments. Please bring back the text labels that identify comment pane entries as underlines, strikethroughs, replacements, or inserts.

2) You know not everyone uses Acrobat on a collaborative team of a dozen people, right? I use it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Requesting pressure sensitivity on the "Draw Free Form" tool, or a separate draw tool with pressure sensitivity.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cannot send file for signature. Error message : Forbidden - Operation could not be completed. Please try later

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?