Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

1158 results found

1. When combining multiple PDF files into a single document with bookmarks, I want to be able to set the default bookmark properties. For example, I may want all bookmarks to include the ACTION: Go to a page view, and ZOOM LEVEL: Fit Page. Currently, I have to change the properties of each bookmark separately.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (20.012.20041) is Live now and this takes care of this Feature Request

For more Info refer here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

The Set Default Bookmark Zoom Level menu item is now added to the PDF bookmark options. While creating a new bookmark, you can easily use this option to set the default zoom level. By default, the Inherit Zoom option is selected.

Also, Acrobat now provides an option in the bookmark properties to retain the destination page number when you adjust the zoom level of multiple bookmarks.

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

2. Make scans searchable by default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When changing an existing text box font color from the default color to a different color, the next time I open and use a text box, the font color is whatever color I last used.

This is a nuisance, make it stop, if I set up a 'set as default' the font color for any 'new' text should stay that color, no matter if I change the font color later or not.

The font color has different meanings (Actionable inputs) associated with the colors, when the action has been accomplished, I change the font color, this doesn't mean I…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great to set a default font AND color when editing a document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. if i create form i need to create dropdown where is default empty value and user chose something only if he need it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Basically, a drop-down field can’t have a completely blank value (unless you set the values using a custom script).

You can add a value that’s a single space, though, or an underscore, or something like “SELECT ITEM” and set it as the default value.

6. I am signed in to Creative Cloud. When I open Acrobat DC I have to sign in to my account there as well. Then I attempt to send and track and I get prompted to sign in AGAIN. It confirms I am signed in and then I try send and track again and it asks me to sign in AGAIN. I have a fully paid subscription to multiple apps. The software just makes me sign in over and over and over again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give the ability to set defaults in the Split function of Adobe DC. I always split by "Top Level Bookmarks" and Output using the Bookmark names for file names. Since I (and my team) do this for multiple files every day, having to reset those parameters every time you want to split a file is really unhelpful and a waste of time. Given that Adobe is a massive time saver, this would help even more.
    I get that is how I do it, but not how everyone does it, so the ability to update just my defaults would…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. User Report showing last access of Acrobat Pro
    Default Acrobat Pro DC configuration in order to assess licensing utliizatioin

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use the navigation pane all the time. How can I set the navigation pane buttons to show by default?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When comparing pdfs I get a bad parameter message. No other explanation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would like an option to keep the comment bar either closed or opened by default when you open any Adobe document.
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the Preferences, under "Page Display", under "Default Layout and Zoom", under "zoom", your option of "Fit Page" doesn't work. This "Fit page" option is synonymous with the "Fit Height" option that is available through the Acrobat interface. This default option should open all PDF files as one-page per screen. This option used to work in the previous version of Acrobat, but the new version has a bug.
    Please fix the BUG. The Fit Page default option doesn't work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i use Red almost exclusively when i'm adding text to a pdf. it's a pain to have to change the color from Black to Red every time. would like the ability to change the Default Color.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When extracting pages from a multiple-page pdf, change the default folder from "user" to "documents". That saves several clicks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

15. Can you please add the ability to let the user set a different 'default' font type, size, colour when creating forms? It adds significantly to the time used creating forms to have to change the font for every single text/field added.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After signing the document for all, the system shows the message "Document was updated after signing”, But the message "Document was updated after signing" is confuse, there has been no change in document, the annotation is created by AdobeSign itself. But with this message our partners are questioning, how can a document be changed after signature. Is it possible change or alter this message for "Document was uploaded after signing"?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A way from the adobe admin console to default the Profile picture for all users will use.

This is for the profile that appears on the login screen right top corner of the Admin Console, Adobe Acrobat Pro....

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Printed an envelope a month ago, but system then decided that was my default. I print letters daily but have to change out from #10 envelope every time. No way to change default; how about a button to do so?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need the ability to redline, add formatted text (just like track changes in MS Word) and easily and efficiently strikethrough. In the update as of April 2021 it is a lot of different clicks to configure a redline, strikethrough, adding text and comments. Right now you have to create a redline from scratch and confirgure text when it should be automatic or done with one click.

From a legal doc standpoint this would make docs easier and more efficient to collaborate on and easier to share instead of converting PDFs to Word docs, tracking changes and converting back to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I can no longer send and track documents since the latest update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?